[Q] Factory Reset - Lost Root

Search This thread

jordan8201

Jan 27, 2011
I did a factory reset from recovery on my EVO because it wouldn't boot. Now, I seemed to have lost root access. I can still boot into custom recovery and am S-Off.

I downloaded SuperSU from the play store, and get the message (There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem) when I try to open it.

What do I need to do to regain root access?

Thanks for the help.

jordan8201

Jan 27, 2011
Play store won't help you. You need to flash supersu zip from recovery.

Google "update supersu 1.94 zip".

Thanks, then do I need to download it from the Play Store? I flashed it successfully, booted up and the one that was in my app list (from the Play Store) is now gone. Rooter Checker still shows I don't have root access.

fizbanrapper

Jan 19, 2014
Thanks, then do I need to download it from the Play Store? I flashed it successfully, booted up and the one that was in my app list (from the Play Store) is now gone. Rooter Checker still shows I don't have root access.

Flashing that zip should have worked. I question if you were using the right zip file. Do you see it in your apps on your phone?

Here's the URL I use:

http://download.chainfire.eu/396/SuperSU

Sometimes if you run root checker too soon after booting into the ROM, it will time out while waiting for permission from SuperSU and falsely conclude that you do not have root. If you're busy doing other stuff afterwards, you very well may have missed the popup where root checker asked for root permissions. If that's the case, when you go into SuperSU you should see root checker listed with red text, which would indicate that root checker was denied root permissions. If this is what you see, select that entry from SuperSU and change the setting from deny to grant. Rerun root checker.

If that doesn't work, please provide more information about your system?
HBoot
Recovery version
ROM
HTC Dev unlocked?
S-off method?

Reactions: Magnum_Enforcer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Play store won't help you. You need to flash supersu zip from recovery.

Google "update supersu 1.94 zip".

Sent from my EVO LTE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Yes you need to reinstall the app.

Sent from my HTC device

Flashing that zip should have worked. I question if you were using the right zip file. Do you see it in your apps on your phone?

Here's the URL I use:

http://download.chainfire.eu/396/SuperSU

Sometimes if you run root checker too soon after booting into the ROM, it will time out while waiting for permission from SuperSU and falsely conclude that you do not have root. If you're busy doing other stuff afterwards, you very well may have missed the popup where root checker asked for root permissions. If that's the case, when you go into SuperSU you should see root checker listed with red text, which would indicate that root checker was denied root permissions. If this is what you see, select that entry from SuperSU and change the setting from deny to grant. Rerun root checker.

If that doesn't work, please provide more information about your system?
    HBoot
    Recovery version
    ROM
    HTC Dev unlocked?
    S-off method?