[KERNEL] [4/15] For TouchWiz and AOSP/CM6/MIUI ROMs - Voodoo Sound+BLN+UV+Misc tweaks

Search This thread

bitz_dv

Jul 21, 2010
Is there any way you could make a zimage version of your kernel? have a fascinate with borked SD card and USB and would like to flash it so I can charge battery again (I knew it was broken when I bought it, just want to use the phone as a media center remote, and it thinks that oem batteries are unsupported right now, and I am told that your kernel can fix that)

euklid

Mar 23, 2007
Miami,FL
I've been using this kernel since superclean and now on comm rom 2.1, I'm wondering if it will be upgraded to the latest version 10 driver of voodoo sound, or is there any other similar kernels ? I want to be able to use the new BASS BOOST feature of the new control plus app, but it says I need v10 of voodoo sound.

thedoman

Apr 26, 2011
Ohio
Where are the voodoo color enhancements? I open voodoo control and only sound enhancements. Using TW 415.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App

wizayne

Dec 23, 2010
I was certain the OP indicates this as a feature. Maybe I didn't read it well.

lol, no such luck. you read it perfectly, its even got a link to voodoo color site. I think that for some reason, all kernels I've ever used (voodoo color-enabled), the first and only one I've been able to change the color settings with has been glitch.

touchwiz nor aosp ever made a difference. and because of that, even with voodoo color being in the kernel, unless you turn it on in the voodoo control app, its disabled by default. or at least it was for me with the glitch kernel.

perhaps older versions didn't allow for adjustment? no idea, but if you want working voodoo color controls app, gotta get glitch and gingerbread!

thedoman

Apr 26, 2011
Ohio
Thanks. Been there and done that. Glitch's kernal is slick but the aosp roms just don't have the total functionality that makes me want to stick with them long. I can only live on the bleeding edge for so long when I expect as much of this phone as I do. I am looking forward to what will be in time and trying to make TW and froyo work the best I can for now.

Thanks

Last edited:

mattstakilla

Jun 16, 2010
Florence
Thanks. Been there and done that. Glitch's kernal is slick but the aosp roms just don't have the total functionality that makes me want to stick with them long. I can only live on the bleeding edge for so long when I expect as much of this phone as I do. I am looking forward to what will be in time and trying to make TW and froyo work the best I can for now.

Thanks

I'm there with ha. Went back to tw untill cm7 is all the way there. Its close and jt is doing some fine work. Once phantom keys are fixed and in call volume, I'm all in!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Bubbadogg14

Jan 31, 2011
I'm there with ha. Went back to tw untill cm7 is all the way there. Its close and jt is doing some fine work. Once phantom keys are fixed and in call volume, I'm all in!

Past kernels had voodoo kernel it just wasn't adjustable until glitch kernel... What about cm7 is not functioning for you... Everything works beautifully for me on the latest build and it is now merged/ing w mainline cm7... Call volume is fixed n I haven't had a phantom ring or key press since the build he released on the 4th of july

Last edited:

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Actually the first adjustable voodoo kernel was OTB by nemessis. Its a TW kernel just like this one. This was one of the first Voodoo kernels for froyo. It doesn't have all the latest fixes and tweaks as JT has been on other things and other devs took on kernel making. Still though this is a great kernel. One of the most stable IMO

Tap-a-Talked from my CM7'd Mesmerize :)

Bubbadogg14

Jan 31, 2011
Actually the first adjustable voodoo kernel was OTB by nemessis. Its a TW kernel just like this one. This was one of the first Voodoo kernels for froyo. It doesn't have all the latest fixes and tweaks as JT has been on other things and other devs took on kernel making. Still though this is a great kernel. One of the most stable IMO

I meant voodoo color was first 2 be adjusted by glitch... But this was def one of the best froyo kernels... Damn swype corrected color 2 kernel for some reason I almost don't like swype 3.x it auto corrects everything when I dnt want it 2 lol

Last edited:

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Ahhh. Yeah. I sorry. Yeah I don't even use swype anymore. I use the standard keyboard that comes with cm7 for that exact reason. It could at least correct the right words instead of changing them.completely. but yeah. Color adjust is sweet

Edit. I also must be blind as I just realized this will work on MTD roms. It says CM6 but I assume it works on the newer builds as well, or is that wrong

Last edited:

mattstakilla

Jun 16, 2010
Florence
I'm still getting phantom key presses. That along with low volume make it unbearable. The camera doesn't record well but I don't use my phone as a camera all that much. I get these problems with both glitches, otb, and jts kernels. On the 7/17 build

thedoman

Apr 26, 2011
Ohio
Past kernels had voodoo kernel it just wasn't adjustable until glitch kernel... What about cm7 is not functioning for you... Everything works beautifully for me on the latest build and it is now merged/ing w mainline cm7... Call volume is fixed n I haven't had a phantom ring or key press since the build he released on the 4th of july

Call volume and overall volume for music etc doesn't hold a candle to TW at this point. Video very sketchy and unreliable in CM7 at this time. Again, I'm talking overall consistency and stability. I am convinced it is coming but it's not there yet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Below please find a kernel compiled from the EC10 and ED01 source drops. Source code is here: https://github.com/jt1134/linux-2.6-fascinate/commits/froyo/

Enhancements:
    Voodoo Color - Supercurio ** http://project-voodoo.org/color
    Voodoo Lagfix - Supercurio ** http://project-voodoo.org/lagfix
    Voodoo Sound - Supercurio ** find Voodoo Control app on market
    Backlight Notifications - Neldar ** find BLN Control app on market
    Tiny RCU and lowmemkiller patch
    Slightly undervolted
    interactive cpu governor
    other misc niceties, read the commits

The "TW" kernels can be used with any TouchWiz based ROM. The "AOSP" kernels can be used with any AOSP based ROM such as CM, Vanilla FroYo, or MIUI.

As my Fascinate is now deactivated, there are obviously some things I cannot personally test, but these kernels have been tested by a few folks successfully.

HUGE thanks to nemesis2all for providing a working defconfig to start with. Made my life MUCH easier.

Thanks to SirGatez' for the home button tip!

Flash with cwm, yadda yadda, enjoy

***** 3/27 Home button issue fixed! :D *****

***** 3/27 #2 Added Voodoo Color :D *****

***** 4/07 *****
    update to latest voodoo sound code
    removed lots of unneeded stuff from kernel config, should speed things up a bit, saves space
    misc recovery fixes
    sdcard speed tweak
    add non-voodoo lagfix version
    ** Kernel has NOT been heavily tested! **

***** 4/07 *****
    updated ext4 code - kanged from imnuts from tytso
    added missing fix_permissions and nandroid-md5.sh scripts - both fixperms and nandroid should work correctly now

***** 4/11 *****
    add SirGatez' non-OEM battery patch
    switch to edify scripting in update zip
    re-add ipv6 to kernel configuration
    add AOSP versions to this post

***** 4/15 *****
    merge some small changes from ED01 source drop to the audio, video, and lowmemkiller drivers
    new kernels in OP
    Well, I got an answer in the sound thread...

Does one of the kernel folks want to translate this post into an actual fix?
    Skimmed through this topic (sorry if I missed this, but 43 pages is just too much to read) and I don't know if this is a coincidence or not. I installed the latest kernel from the OP on monday, and everything was fine until this morning. I noticed that my phone was making an occasional static "pop" while typing even though the volume was down, then a few minutes later it actually started making a constant static buzz (kinda like when the bln is on during a call) loud enough to hear with the phone on the desk, and coming out of the back speaker. After restarting the phone, it froze on the app drawer right away.

I took the battery out, waited 5 minutes and popped it back in. Now that I'm listening more carefully I can hear the static buzz for about a second after the phone makes any sound, then it cuts out. I'm going to try another kernel and see if maybe this has been happening but I just didn't notice, or if it's just my hardware, but I wanted to see if anyone else was having these issues?

i ran it for about a day (which is a HUGE ammount of time for me) and i didnt hear any buzzing. anybody else i would start giving trouble shooting advice.
    Updated OP. Home button working now. thanks sirgatez

Welcome :) Figured you needed that.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk