Samsung Kies / updating to Gingerbread

Search This thread

NightFalcon27

Dec 21, 2010
I am having issues getting Kies to update my rooting and rommed phone to gingerbread. The reason I want stock gingerbread is because most of the ROMS out there now for cappy are sluggish and battery isn't good. Here are the things i've tried
1. Tried going back to stock with odin
2. Tried to download kies using united kingdom method
3. Download mode
4. Debugging mode

Every time I get "device cannot be upgraded" I have tried to search the forums and I have tried everything I see that is relevant. Still no go. Without an "official" stock gingerbread odin, this is pretty frustrating. I would love a Cognition build for gingerbread but have PM'd DG and got no response... So if someone knows a sure way to do this I would be grateful if you could share

AySz88

Feb 6, 2012
According to this thread it looks like they've (temporarily?) pulled the gingerbread update. I'm hoping they fix the tetheringmanager force-close problem that it had.

Dec 18, 2010
Louisville, Kentucky
Just a reminder that your phone has to be fully charged before you start the updates. Kies detects your battery and will reject your updates. What screen are you making it to? Are you allowed to click for the update, then get rejected?

NightFalcon27

Dec 21, 2010
It turns out that my product code got changed, even though I was backing up my EFS folder. I managed to get my product code changed back and backed up that nv_data.bin file and all is working as it should now. Thanks for all the help