[APK][PORT] S Voice ported to all Samsung devices! [June 5][Initial release]

Search This thread

ahhoe

Aug 21, 2005
I upgraded to ics via ota. Rooted using the 3 simple files method. Downloaded signed s-voice. Followed and got s voice to work on my note.

Not really impressed by it's performance as compared with the ads. Keep prompting that it couldn't catch what I mean. Feel like a fool repeating and repeating...

Just wanna voice my personal experience. Others might have better ones; )

enjoy droiding...!!!

Sent from my GT-N7000

Last edited:

scampcat

Jul 27, 2007
I don't get network problems, but it definitely crashes a lot on the VZW Galaxy Nexus. And it's a little slow. Voice recognition isn't bad when there's not a lot of ambient noise, but it gets less accurate as the ambient noise increases. It would be nice if it could do "voice print" recognition - identify the owner's voice out of the crowd. I hope that the machine learning technology that Google uses in personalized searches will be included in the future for their Google Assistant to recognize the owner's voice amidst other noise.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there :)

As you know, S Voice from SGS III isn`t working on any other device because of checking device model. The bad solution is to mod your build.prop to make android think you are using SGS III, but it can cause incorrect work in some apps.

What I have Done
    I have decompiled SVoice.apk, changed all checkings of device model to make app think it is SGS III, built and signed new apk.

So now all you have to do is:

1. Delete old S Voice

2. Revert your build.prop to stock, if you have modded it

3. Install new apk (as usual app) from Google Drive or Mediafire

Issues:
    Few actions aren`t working because of the incompatibility with some SGS III features.
    Shortly, some apps or actions are not opening because S Voice can`t find Samsung`s Clock/Calendar/etc. It can be fixed only if these apps are ported to our devices.

Tested on my AOKP Galaxy S I with SGS III Addon (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1669190)
    Please, test it on other devices and write me, if app doesn`t work
    Thank you for that...

I'm running 5.5 dark night and I installed the modified s-voice apk file you provided.

The application runs fine, however, I can't get some functionalities to work. For example, talkback don't work. Also, saying things like Hello, or tell me a joke doesn't work; only straight-forward commands...

Moreover, any hopes on getting the application working with double-tabbing?

Talkback: do you have tts installed? It`s working fine with me, check your ROM
    Some features won`t work, read the thread

Chatting: I am having such problem sometimes, restarting S Voice helps.

Double-tabbing: I haven`t discovered this feature yet, if it is possible, it can be fixed in future
    Works On GB rom ????

Haven`t tested (seems to me that doesn`t work), but you can try
    Talkback: do you have tts installed? It`s working fine with me, check your ROM
    Some features won`t work, read the thread

Chatting: I am having such problem sometimes, restarting S Voice helps.

Double-tabbing: I haven`t discovered this feature yet, if it is possible, it can be fixed in future

If we can have something similar to this post:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1670306

everything is included like tss and other stuff. It worked fine, except for software linking and double tabbing...

Thank you