[TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

Search This thread

Eric Z

May 16, 2011
Copenhagen
Just a question, was the other router that you tried one in your house as well? maybe you want to try another one elsewhere, or try a factory reset of your wireless router at home.

The Router is in another flat. It belongs to somebodyelse. I live at a dormitory where have about 100 rooms/flats. We share a LAN net.

I have followed your suggestion about reflash the Radio. Unfortunately, it doesn't work.

Besides, I messed up when I flashed the radio. The radio does flashed into WinMo as it should, but my WinMo was also like have been hard reset. And no I did not flash a Rom, no doubt about this. I just took a quick radio flash. So that means even my WinMo is hard reset, the Wifi problem is still there in Android. Can connect, but no connectivity to outside.

I will leave this problem from now. It was fun and pleasure to try FRX and GBX. Excellent works. But as Arrrghhh said, nand is future. At least for me. The only reason I keep my WinMo is I have TomTom on it, but from now I will like to try Android on NAND on my TP2.:)

However, Thank you for the suggestion. For me it does make sense as you say, that the problem shall be Rom/Radio related.

Caldair

Dec 28, 2008
Eric Z, i am sorry that my suggestion caused you more problems. That is the last thing I intended. I wish you better luck with nand. (hey and if nothing else at least you will only have one OS to think about!)
Again, sorry I wasn't more help.

Eric Z

May 16, 2011
Copenhagen
Eric Z, i am sorry that my suggestion caused you more problems. That is the last thing I intended. I wish you better luck with nand. (hey and if nothing else at least you will only have one OS to think about!)
Again, sorry I wasn't more help.

No don't be sorry. It was my own fault;) And it doesn't matter that the WinMo took hard reset. The GBX build has no problem except that wifi.

Eric Z

May 16, 2011
Copenhagen
Dear Arrrghhh and Caldair:

Now it is highly likely that my wifi problem has nothing to do with the GBX0C Build or my TP2. I have done more tests about the network yesterday, and the problem is a little complecated. Looks like a combination of how my dorm's network is set up, and what router settings are.:confused:

So I think this case is off topic now can be closed. Just want you know and thanks for the time you spent on it.:)

moparfreak426

R.I.P.
Mar 22, 2012
East/Middle TN
having a problem..... now when I either pick android dualboot, out try to run Haret it says biting linux, bills up there bar then freezes.... fix?

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using xda app-developers app

mazak23

Oct 21, 2010
Kernel update for Android on SD card.

Hi.
I am looking here and there and confused.
Is there any zImage and modules newer than 2.27 for Rhodium?
I mean for SD installation, as I found few 2.35 or 2.39 and it looks that they are for NAND only.

Last question as I am not sure, installing Android in NAND will remove Windows completly? If so is there any way to save it somehow, to put it back later to unit instead of stock one.

I am on GBX0C Rhod 100.
Regards
Mazak

Last edited:

Caldair

Dec 28, 2008
having a problem..... now when I either pick android dualboot, out try to run Haret it says biting linux, bills up there bar then freezes.... fix?

This sounds like what happens when you try to boot while WM is overclocked. Do you have overclocking set at startup in WM by any chance?

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007

So you had a fully functional Android build... and suddenly it's not working?

Nothing changed...?

I bet something changed. There have been a few things that break at random, like SD card detection seems to sometimes flake out - and formatting the card with the HP Tool (backup&restore data on card is fine) fixes it.

You can try that, but I doubt it'll fix your problem. Have you run HaRET.exe without a startup.txt? Does it even run? What does it show in the box?

Hi.
I mean for SD installation, as I found few 2.35 or 2.39 and it looks that they are for NAND only.

Last question as I am not sure, installing Android in NAND will remove Windows completly? If so is there any way to save it somehow, to put it back later to unit instead of stock one.

I am on GBX0C Rhod 100.
Regards
Mazak

.35, .39, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4 all run on HaRET / SD my friend. 3.3.x seems the best so far, 3.4 seems close.

If you install Android over WinMo then the only way back to WinMo would naturally be flashing back. You're basically flashing another ROM on, just think of it like that. All the normal backup procedures and wiping caveats apply as any ROM flash...

fishingmedic

Apr 6, 2009
CT
Hi.

I am on GBX0C Rhod 100.
Regards
Mazak

Take a look here for the latest and greatest kernels. 3.4 are the latest cutting edge. http://autobuild.wirelesstcp.net/

Yes, flashing NAND will remove all Windows and no there is no way to save it other than reflashing the ROM you previously had. There are ways to mass load your previously loaded cab files, etc, but there is no way that I know of to just reload the winmo rom and all of your files again at once.

Try reformatting the sd card with the HP tool. That happened to me quite some time ago and pulling off all data, reformatting and then putting all data back helped. Unless of course you made some changes that you didn't note and that is when the problem started. If it just started without having made changes try a reformat.

Edit: Arrrghhh beat me to it... I figured he'd still be sleeping at this hour but I guess not lol

Last edited:

mazak23

Oct 21, 2010
Take a look here for the latest and greatest kernels. 3.4 are the latest cutting edge. http://autobuild.wirelesstcp.net/

I tried all of them and not even one is working for me. What I am doing is :
delete old zImage and modules*.tar.gz and copy new one from link you provided.

It seems some trouble with initiating SD card, I don't have ADB now so cannot post any logs, but it hangs on black and white screen.
But when I copy back zImage (1.5 MB ) and module*27.tar.gz it's starting without hanging.

The new zImage files from link are over 2 MB size.
Is it allright?

Caldair

Dec 28, 2008
Well then I am sorry, I don't know how else to help you. They work fine for me on my HTC Touch Pro2 AKA: Rhodium model rhod100 running radio 4.49.25.91 with a 32g RetailPlus Class 10 card running GBX0C from post 1 of this thread.

EDIT: OK, I am glad it works for you. Sorry for the sarcasm above. ;)

Last edited:

moparfreak426

R.I.P.
Mar 22, 2012
East/Middle TN
now last line when booiting Linux its 3.010000] [c0462b4>] (kernal_init+0xb0/oxdc) from [<c0009aa4>] (kernal thread exit+0x0/0x8).... is farthest supported kernal got gbxoc 3.0.1 or something?

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
I tried all of them and not even one is working for me. What I am doing is :
delete old zImage and modules*.tar.gz and copy new one from link you provided.

It seems some trouble with initiating SD card, I don't have ADB now so cannot post any logs, but it hangs on black and white screen.
But when I copy back zImage (1.5 MB ) and module*27.tar.gz it's starting without hanging.

The new zImage files from link are over 2 MB size.
Is it allright?

Are you using EVERYTHING from the first post build?

HaRET.exe and the startup.txt files were changed to allow for the new (bigger) kernels.

now last line when booiting Linux its 3.010000] [c0462b4>] (kernal_init+0xb0/oxdc) from [<c0009aa4>] (kernal thread exit+0x0/0x8).... is farthest supported kernal got gbxoc 3.0.1 or something?

What are you talking about?

Perhaps you need to slow down and read the threads and FAQ a bit before you break something.

Same question I posed above also applies to you. Make sure you're using EVERYTHING from the GBX0C zip - don't reuse ANYTHING from other builds.

mazak23

Oct 21, 2010
Are you using EVERYTHING from the first post build?

HaRET.exe and the startup.txt files were changed to allow for the new (bigger) kernels.

What are you talking about?

Perhaps you need to slow down and read the threads and FAQ a bit before you break something.

Same question I posed above also applies to you. Make sure you're using EVERYTHING from the GBX0C zip - don't reuse ANYTHING from other builds.

I did it again, copy from Download in first post, unzip, add ts-calibration and STARTUP.TXT and all *.csv files (still don't know why I got 11)
But still get some errors and cannot go thru.

Maybe it is something wrong in my STARTUP.TXT as it is from my Froyo 7.1.
Where can I find better one?
Or maybe someone will find the error.
set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msmvkeyb_toggle=off gsensor_axis=2,1,3 pm.sleep_mode=1 physkeyboard=rhod100_uk"
boot

Last edited:

moparfreak426

R.I.P.
Mar 22, 2012
East/Middle TN
yeah. thats the startup.txt I have..... downloaded the whole package again and didn't apply yet but everything looks same as I have

mazak23

Oct 21, 2010
I found the problem!

I don't know why I was trying to use STARTUP.TXT from Froyo.
I copy STARTUP.TXT from zip and IT WORKS!!!
It is exactly in STARTUPS folder, how I was blind...brrrr

Thanks all of you.
Specially arrrghhh as he told not to use anything from other builds.

@mopafreak426

It looks little different:
set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set initrd_offset 0x00a00000
set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msmvkeyb_toggle=off gsensor_axis=2,1,3 pm.sleep_mode=1 physkeyboard=rhod100_uk"
boot

so better do as I and it must work

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey folks,

This is a completely new build, with all the new changes baked in. We wanted to do a semi-official test release to collect bugs and hopefully do a formal official release with everything settled. The main pain point is the CSV files (see pre-install prep).

So a brief overview:

• New acoustic routing code baked in. Should fix most if not all audio routing problems, and will provide more debugging if stuff does go wrong. Also allows for more granular tweaking, see the CSV files.
    • GPS fixes for GB - GPS not only works in GB now, but it doesn't kill sleep! I was able to use GPS, get a solid lock, and put the device to sleep no problem.
    • BT should work & well with the new acoustic code. Post results.
    • RHOD users now have a choice of kernels. .35+ all have the new acoustic - so .35, .39, 3.0 and 3.1 are all fair game now... This is bundled with .27!!
    • Keep in mind, autobuild .27 kernels will produce no audio in this build... Obviously the bundled kernel will work, and the absolute newest .27 autobuild kernel does work now - Feb.27 2012 or newer.
    • rootfs tweaks - first, it will detect which kernel you're on (.27 or .35+) and automatically apply the correct firmware. Second, is it will always copy/extract the modules... failures there were getting annoying, and this is surefire if brute-force...
    • Few Easter egg apk's...
    • Probably a lot I'm forgetting, this might change ;)

Pre-Install Prep REQUIRED!!!

This step is crucial, and I forgot all about it! You must copy all of the *.CSV file from your WinMo ROM - these are in the \Windows\ directory. There's a very easy way to do this. It involves the Total Commander app for WinMo (Direct Link for the perpetually lazy...) (included in EnergyROM and others probably).

Now you're in Total Commander looking at your \Windows\ directory. Whew... lots of files. Fear not! Hit the "CTRL" button, then the green "Plus" button. This opens the Select/Unselect files dialog. Put in *.csv, press "select" and voila. All CSV files are selected. Now - File -> Copy/Move -> I want you to copy these (should be 10) files to the ROOT of your SD card. No folders!!! This is hardset right now, until we get it all implemented into the build properly. Thanks!

Install

Assuming you've done the pre-install prep; this is installed just like the other XDAndroid builds - grab your startup.txt (don't forget rel_path= if you don't have it at the root of the SD!), ts-calibration and boot!

Download
    Caveat List

• CDMA users might get a crash in phone.apk and no service on boot. If waiting doesn't resolve the issue, then reboot. Should come up fine...
    • BT might still be flaky
    • The CSV files from my RHOD400 are attached for the lazy. I'd like to gather CSV's from each RHOD, I'm curious if any ROM devs have changed them out either... This could get interesting. If you folks don't mind, post up your CSV's, point out differences with mine, etc... We're trying to figure out how to unify these, if possible! Thanks!
    Please post back any issues, enjoy!

GBX0C Changelog
    • Camcorder: Now works (tested on rhodium).
    • Acoustic: Bug-fix : correct random loss of dual(rear)-mic.
    • MMS: Bug-fix: Slides with zero duration on Sprint.
    • Gps: Bug-fix: Init/de-init sequence fix (correct gps not starting up after being unchecked in Settings).
    • Gps: Bug-fix: End gps session with a correct rpc call (relevant to amss6125 devices).
    • Gps: Bug-fix: Don't send delayed position requests after session has ended (possibly relevant to Navigation issues).
    • Gps: New feature: Xtra (aGPS) -> verified to work on rhodium/cdma raph.
    • X1 specific: Screen rotation patch.
    • Added tytung's GPS injector app to AndroidApps\Other as well as updating/cleaning up some apps in AndroidApps.
    • Modified rootfs for newest apsta firmware & wifi firmware - wifi tethering now works flawlessly in the newest kernels! .27 is still bundled for the record...
    Bump. New build guys.

(check the site, the link will be the same but timestamp will update... Not on the filename, on the actual site.) Sorry, I didn't want to make it look like a whole new build, so I kept the filename the same. You should just be able to hit the link in the first post as usual ;).

Everyone should grab the full bundle. It includes a new .27 acoustic kernel that should fix some problems, and there's a lot of userland fixes:
    • MMS should be fixed for Sprint users
    • XDAndroid will now show as the provider
    • GLES put back in (whoops)
    • Network-based location put back in (which was working before, but this last boot it didn't...? Let me know on this guys, I might need another update... Definitely seems broken!! What the heck. There'll be another update, sorry folks.)
    • hyc's dmesg binary baked into the rootfs (timestamps... in dmesg!)

There was A LOT of acoustic changes in this build (hao0907047407 - try again, perhaps you have sound now?). Download the full bundle, and REPLACE EVERYTHING!! I've added a lot of updates across the board, and I don't want people running partial stuff.

You should be able to reuse your data.img...

I'm still not able to get netloc to work... I am just scratching my head as to why it worked at first and now it doesn't. I'll keep working on it, but so far that seems to be the only thing I set out to fix that isn't.

Bring on that feedback guys!
    First post updated, new build. Enjoy, please report back. Changelog in the second post. I will update the changelog further, that's just detule's changelog of what's changed on the userland side of things... I still have some things to add from stuff I did. Thanks!
    OK, I finally got around to building and signing a new image. All went fairly well - sorted out the NetLoc problem (thanks detule), and along with a lot of patches and fixes from detule as well, we have ourselves a great build!

I'm having a few troubles before I release, and want to make sure I iron everything out before I do...

So first, XTRA is now working out of the box. I got a GPS lock within a few seconds in my basement... so yea. Wow. NetLoc again is also working. There's some acoustic fixes, along with the Sprint MMS fix. Finally, the camcorder should be fixed. Now I still don't think the RHOD100 cam patches have made it to the kernel - but again, that's a kernel issue, nothing to do with the userland side of things. Plus with the new firmware and the new kernels, wifi tethering now works FLAWLESSLY!! Hooray! Kudos to hyc for finding that gem out...

Unfortunately I will still have to bundle .27 for the older devices, sorry folks. I know it hasn't had an update in ages, but as most of you already know the newer kernels are working really quite well.

On to the issues, hopefully dumb ones. First, I got GPS to give me a lock but it won't disappear from the status bar. I remember someone mentioning this, but I don't remember the solution other than rebooting. Is this a bug? Anyone else confirm/figure out the cause/fix for it?