[DISCUSSION][SEMI-OFFICIAL] CM 10 for Galaxy R / Z i9103 [BETA 2.3]

Search This thread

'cooleagle'

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 19, 2012
Discuss anything & everything related to the new CM 10 build for Galaxy R / Z i9103 by Adam77Root here. Please report here first if you face any issues with this build and kindly don't flood the Development thread.

This post will be updated with what's working, what's not, new bugs found, etc as the discussion progresses.

CM 10 ROM Build Stage: BETA 2.3 (SEMI-OFFICIAL)

Flash / Install CM 10 ROM:
For Installation method, check the Development thread's first post.(Link has been given below).​

Installation Notes:
- You can flash this over any ROM, you just need to wipe cache & dalvik cache before that.
- To avoid bugs just wipe the data partition as well / Factory Reset (But remember to backup via CWM before you do that.)
- Flash Google apps for JellyBean to avoid problems with any of the google apps.​

CM 10 ROM Current Status:
What works:

- Mobile network
- Data connection / Data usage stats
- Audio
- Wi-Fi
- Video player
- Accelerometer, magnetic field, proximity, battery temperature sensors, gyroscope
- Bluetooth
- BLN feature (you need to install either the free or the paid version of BLN Control from Play Store)
- Auto brightness needs manual workaround (experimental, use this workaround to get it working: nsmart's post quoted by Adam)
- USB mass storage, MTP, PTP
- USB On-the-Go
- Camera (Can click pictures/panoramas)
- Full Hardware Acceleration with Nvidia and Samsung codecs
- CRT Off animation
- Wi-Fi tethering

What doesn't work:

- HD video recording lags
- Possibly Bluetooth tethering / A2DP
- USB tethering
- FM Radio
- Stock Sound recorder app (workaround: Use any external app like: MIUI sound recorder)
- Moving apps to SD card

NOTES: No specific notes as of now, however it'll be updated if required.

Development Thread for CM 10 ROM:
Here's the link to the Development thread by Adam77Root, but please do not ask any questions there: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1870260

Credits for CM ROMs:
I would like to Thank the following people (not in any particular order as everyone's contribution matters a lot, just stating them alphabetically):

- Adam77Root
- CallMeVentus
- dhiru1602
- dman3285
- eaglerazor123
- Epsylon3
- FranzJesus
- karthik050782
- Many more Devs from the other forums as well.

For helping us to get a bootable Cyannogen MOD 10 ROM and I hope they'll help us get a fully functional CM 10 build soon. Sorry, if I forgot anyone, please do point it out I'll add them here.

Cheers & Regards,
'cooleagle'

Last edited:

shaheen7m

Jun 28, 2011
Just one question... Will The waited and wished cm10 that is being cooked have project butter? Or should we wait until Samsung released 4.1 code for us?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my I9103

I think we wont have project butter. Epsy, adam and kartik could have the final call. I am also curious to know.

Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk 2

vipul12389mehta

Feb 27, 2012
Mumbai
I read in s3 forum that it should provided by Samsung... haven't analysed anything abt it... guys, just express or feelings here abt the changes u felt from ICS to cm10 :D

Sent from Galaxy Royale with CM10

Just one thing.......its awesome......
scrolling is so nice.....
all the lags hav just disappeared......which is damm good....
its nw my daily rom...
will report more if found any...!!

abt project butter...its hard to develop and requires sammy support...so nw u nly think..wat cld b done..!!

Adam77Root

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 3, 2012
Regarding Project Butter: Give me a method for testing it. How do we know that we have it or not?

Sent from my GT-I9103 with CM10

D™

May 23, 2012
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Watching You @!@
For Team Force

I dont know what to say. Bt thinking that we must join together and make a team like other made. Example: Team Force.
We can b member of Team force. Hey Adam,Karthik, MJ,Parmarket,Cooleagle buddies what do u say. Its time to give name of your work. Make a pic we can make our group and work as group member. :fingers-crossed: Pls suggest if i m asking it so early.

'cooleagle'

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 19, 2012
Regarding Project Butter: Give me a method for testing it. How do we know that we have it or not?

Sent from my GT-I9103 with CM10

We'll need a RED camera for that which captures 1000s of frames per second. :p

On a serious note you could compare a device which has JB released for it by the manufacturer / has JB OOB side by side with our R.

Maybe that could give you a clue if Project butter is in action or not.

khpatel4991

Jan 16, 2012
New Brunswick
Google Now still not working???
And i found phone to be smooth,is there any substantial difference between project butter and our CM10??
Music is not working properly...Freeze in between playback!!
Sent from my SPH-P100 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

The-Droidster

May 27, 2012
XDA 24 x 7
@Adam: As for the camera, bluetooth etc features that are not working, how do you plan to get them working?. I mean do we have the required drivers to get these up and running? or do we have to rely on Sammy to release an official update?

The progress looks really promising. Project butter or not, CM10 is definitely going to be a much smoother experience overall as compared to ICS. Can someone confirm whether Google Now works in this alpha version?

parmarket

May 15, 2012
Thane/Mumbai
I dont know what to say. Bt thinking that we must join together and make a team like other made. Example: Team Force.
We can b member of Team force. Hey Adam,Karthik, MJ,Parmarket,Cooleagle buddies what do u say. Its time to give name of your work. Make a pic we can make our group and work as group member. :fingers-crossed: Pls suggest if i m asking it so early.
Lol :D yes I can be good tester, since I am not into coding and all, I am structural engineer in totally different field. :p

khpatel4991

Jan 16, 2012
New Brunswick
@Adam: As for the camera, bluetooth etc features that are not working, how do you plan to get them working?. I mean do we have the required drivers to get these up and running? or do we have to rely on Sammy to release an official update?

The progress looks really promising. Project butter or not, CM10 is definitely going to be a much smoother experience overall as compared to ICS. Can someone confirm whether Google Now works in this alpha version?

Google Now is not working for me.But overall smoothness of the phone,awesome..Will update after i restore all my app and if smpothness stays tge same...
Music is a problem on phone speaker for mae

Sent from my SPH-P100 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Discuss anything & everything related to the new CM 10 build for Galaxy R / Z i9103 by Adam77Root here. Please report here first if you face any issues with this build and kindly don't flood the Development thread.

This post will be updated with what's working, what's not, new bugs found, etc as the discussion progresses.

CM 10 ROM Build Stage: BETA 2.3 (SEMI-OFFICIAL)

Flash / Install CM 10 ROM:
    For Installation method, check the Development thread's first post.(Link has been given below).​

Installation Notes:
    - You can flash this over any ROM, you just need to wipe cache & dalvik cache before that.
    - To avoid bugs just wipe the data partition as well / Factory Reset (But remember to backup via CWM before you do that.)
    - Flash Google apps for JellyBean to avoid problems with any of the google apps.​

CM 10 ROM Current Status:
    What works:

- Mobile network
    - Data connection / Data usage stats
    - Audio
    - Wi-Fi
    - Video player
    - Accelerometer, magnetic field, proximity, battery temperature sensors, gyroscope
    - Bluetooth
    - BLN feature (you need to install either the free or the paid version of BLN Control from Play Store)
    - Auto brightness needs manual workaround (experimental, use this workaround to get it working: nsmart's post quoted by Adam)
    - USB mass storage, MTP, PTP
    - USB On-the-Go
    - Camera (Can click pictures/panoramas)
    - Full Hardware Acceleration with Nvidia and Samsung codecs
    - CRT Off animation
    - Wi-Fi tethering

What doesn't work:

- HD video recording lags
    - Possibly Bluetooth tethering / A2DP
    - USB tethering
    - FM Radio
    - Stock Sound recorder app (workaround: Use any external app like: MIUI sound recorder)
    - Moving apps to SD card

NOTES: No specific notes as of now, however it'll be updated if required.

Development Thread for CM 10 ROM:
    Here's the link to the Development thread by Adam77Root, but please do not ask any questions there: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1870260

Credits for CM ROMs:
    I would like to Thank the following people (not in any particular order as everyone's contribution matters a lot, just stating them alphabetically):

- Adam77Root
    - CallMeVentus
    - dhiru1602
    - dman3285
    - eaglerazor123
    - Epsylon3
    - FranzJesus
    - karthik050782
    - Many more Devs from the other forums as well.

For helping us to get a bootable Cyannogen MOD 10 ROM and I hope they'll help us get a fully functional CM 10 build soon. Sorry, if I forgot anyone, please do point it out I'll add them here.

Cheers & Regards,
    'cooleagle'
    Don't have to wait for days. Beta-2.1 comes today.
    Hey, I would like to ask this. Does our cm10 have the so called "project butter"? :confused:

It doesn't have it, but I have an idea on making 10.1 buttery smooth. ;)

Sent from my CM10.1-powered GT-I9103
    cm test builds are currently using stock kernels so no voodoo sound improvements are included, in future it will be added by our devs.

It's already added. I'm compiling a new kernel with a lot of improvements and it includes Voodoo sound as well. :cowboy:
    If anyone wants to know names of the Galaxy R users who are active on XDA, then this is one of the best lists to check....! :D

11267447.png

Cheers ! :)