Who Know How to Disassemble TF701T?

Search This thread

AngryDinosaur

Jan 23, 2011
Boston
I am, after receiving two tablets with the Problem of a lose bezel.

• Move slowly in every step
  • alright first, power off tablet
  • locate the two screws, one in each docking port ( be careful of the screws they are very tiny ) ONLY TWO SCREWS TOTAL
  • use the screwdriver to push towards the glass from inside the docking port. ( be careful, push slowly the glass is only held down with plastic clip )
  • Use prying tool to lift up the glass, focus on the area thats loose.
  • apply a thin layer of glue ( i used Krazy glue ) to the glass edge
  • push glass back in place and screw the screws back

I should have taken pictures :(

Reactions: pelago and Kashban

AngryDinosaur

Jan 23, 2011
Boston
Sorry, no, I had to send the third one back to because a loud crack is to be heard when softly whincing the tablet. I'm not going to repair faulty devices on my own as long as there is warranty.

Now I wait for the next charge of TF701 (newer than 11.2013) to see if Asus has addressed this problem.

good luck

pantera1989

Sep 2, 2012
Sorry to revive an old thread but I have no idea how to seperate the lcd from the digitizer. My problem is much worse than a lose bezel. The tablet fell and well..shattered. Digitizer is gone but LCD is ok. So I found on ebay a digitizer on it's own but before buying it, I want to first know how to seperate the LCD so I can reuse it.

Attached is the disassembled LCD + Digitizer.

I got to this part but can't figure out how to take out the LCD. I don't know if you can see, but there are like plastic clips all around the LCD. How do I take it out? I am not even sure if it is taped or not at this point. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
There are a couple of good videos on YouTube about screen replacement on the TF300 and 700 - which are basically the same. One is by FixPhone Land, the other by AJ parts UK. The latter is the better one IMO.

pantera1989

Sep 2, 2012
There are a couple of good videos on YouTube about screen replacement on the TF300 and 700 - which are basically the same. One is by FixPhone Land, the other by AJ parts UK. The latter is the better one IMO.
I got to the part where I have the glass/digitizer/lcd bit in my hand but I will not go through the effort of seperating the glass from the digitizer. A new digitizer and glass will cost €105 with shipping, and I do not think it is worth repairing. I will assemble it and sell it as broken for parts.

Thanks anyway.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am, after receiving two tablets with the Problem of a lose bezel.

• Move slowly in every step
    • alright first, power off tablet
    • locate the two screws, one in each docking port ( be careful of the screws they are very tiny ) ONLY TWO SCREWS TOTAL
    • use the screwdriver to push towards the glass from inside the docking port. ( be careful, push slowly the glass is only held down with plastic clip )
    • Use prying tool to lift up the glass, focus on the area thats loose.
    • apply a thin layer of glue ( i used Krazy glue ) to the glass edge
    • push glass back in place and screw the screws back

I should have taken pictures :(