[Q] Custom ROM

Search This thread

You_got_owned123

Feb 7, 2012
Tacoma
As many us experienced, the OPO seems to be riddled with issues.
My biggest issues are:
-Multi-touch
-Ghost touch/Typing issues
-Camera. Often says it is not connected.

OPO has said the Multi-touch and touchscreen related issues are software. I was wondering if any custom ROM as already figured out the solution. Not being able to type quickly and correftly is extremely aggravating.

osmosizzz

Dec 13, 2010
Central Jersey. That's it
I know the issues with ghosting. It's really annoying. I've just slowed down my typing speed but it still gets annoying. It's likely a software thing. The camera issue is the camera driver failing to start. Happened on my lg g2 however the kernel dev added a button to his app that restarted the camera driver. I get the error when I use snapchat a lot. Besides those I'm really liking this phone!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

You_got_owned123

Feb 7, 2012
Tacoma
I know the issues with ghosting. It's really annoying. I've just slowed down my typing speed but it still gets annoying. It's likely a software thing. The camera issue is the camera driver failing to start. Happened on my lg g2 however the kernel dev added a button to his app that restarted the camera driver. I get the error when I use snapchat a lot. Besides those I'm really liking this phone!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Have you tried any custom ROMs? Found any solutions? Seems to be getting worse.. Really sucks.

cd69

Sep 19, 2012
Well I am pretty sure Camera issue is due to incorrect GApps installed (if you are on custom ROM), for me I have moved from CM to PA to Mahdi and never had any issues. In terms of typing issues there was a fix made on Mahdi (from CM commit I guess) and it has improved but no 100% gone yet. But as far I know it should be fixed relatively soon with CM update (big one) pending. Apart for multi touch i find the phone pretty nice actually :) Just my $.02

You_got_owned123

Feb 7, 2012
Tacoma
Well I am pretty sure Camera issue is due to incorrect GApps installed (if you are on custom ROM), for me I have moved from CM to PA to Mahdi and never had any issues. In terms of typing issues there was a fix made on Mahdi (from CM commit I guess) and it has improved but no 100% gone yet. But as far I know it should be fixed relatively soon with CM update (big one) pending. Apart for multi touch i find the phone pretty nice actually :) Just my $.02
I've heard good things about Mahdi. Now seriously considering!
Is there an eta on the next cm update?

You_got_owned123

Feb 7, 2012
Tacoma
They don't ever give ETA's, just like any other dev, and it's rude to ask them.

Transmitted via Bacon

Awe bummer.. No time line for my suffering.
Although I agree with not asking for eta when it comes to a freelance developer, I do think this is different as they are no longer a developer that does it for their leisure and pleasure, but cm now does it for a profit, profit that comes from our pockets as we pay for the phone. So in my opinion, we have a semi right to know when what we're paying for, will be fixed :)
Not trying to argue. I agree it's rude to ask other developers for eta :)

drmacrofish

Jul 24, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Awe bummer.. No time line for my suffering.
Although I agree with not asking for eta when it comes to a freelance developer, I do think this is different as they are no longer a developer that does it for their leisure and pleasure, but cm now does it for a profit, profit that comes from our pockets as we pay for the phone. So in my opinion, we have a semi right to know when what we're paying for, will be fixed :)
Not trying to argue. I agree it's rude to ask other developers for eta :)

True, although we never get eta for updates from samsung, lg, HTC or really even Google for that matter. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk