[NIGHTLY] UNOFFICIAL CM9/ICS For Droid 4 For MotoICS Leak

Search This thread

vyruz1986

May 5, 2009
Heist op den Berg
When going to the gallery app to look at a picture, the picture just keeps loading.
After that the camera app also says 'couldn't connect to camera', a reboot fixes these until you try to use the gallery app again.
Anyone else seeing this?

jgardner

Feb 8, 2008
When going to the gallery app to look at a picture, the picture just keeps loading.
After that the camera app also says 'couldn't connect to camera', a reboot fixes these until you try to use the gallery app again.
Anyone else seeing this?
Yep, having that problem as well. Seems to mess up any image viewing (for instance from es file explorer) as well.

olegfusion

Sep 24, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Guide how to make cm9 working with GSM (abroad US):
before flashing need to edit build.prop:
telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=1 to 0
ro.mot.phonemode.vzwglobalphone=1 to 0
ro.telephony.default_network= set to 3
ro.telephony.gsm-routes-us-smsc = 1 to 0

for quick apn settings use attatched file (replace in /system/etc/)

good luck

Attachments

• apns-conf.rar
    20.7 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Lum_UK

olegfusion

Sep 24, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
May be I'm repeating it now, but may somebody say how I can turn off keyboard backlight when it's under the screen and unused? it seems like when display is turned on, backlight keyboard is on always too, either when ununsed. thanks

bonesjones

Dec 9, 2009
Birmingham
No, the latest CM9 builds will work with any of the ICS leaks. They just haven't update the maserati_ota_from_target_files to reflect the changes in the updater script.

This is definitely fixed in the latest CM9 builds.

Well I've done everything I can think of to start over, every thing I use the arrows are messed up, in stock its fine. Anyway to manually remap keys then? Its only the arrows, and its in all apps.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

joojoobee666

Jul 9, 2008
Got it working thanks!

Here's my section now that its fixed, does it now match yours?
It works fine now..

key 103 DPAD_LEFT
key 104 PAGE_UP
key 105 DPAD_DOWN
key 106 DPAD_UP
key 107 MOVE_END
key 108 DPAD_RIGHT
key 109 PAGE_DOWN

key 103 DPAD_UP
key 104 PAGE_UP
key 105 DPAD_LEFT
key 106 DPAD_RIGHT
key 107 MOVE_END
key 108 DPAD_DOWN

That's what have. The edits to fix were already pushed to the repo . Here's the commit log. https://github.com/STS-Dev-Team/and...mmit/480472844f5f56f8c885e19bc1012950e5f62221

I would guess you're somehow missing those changes.

Lum_UK

May 24, 2012
Bristol
dj.lum.uk
OnePlus 5T
Guide how to make cm9 working with GSM (abroad US):
before flashing need to edit build.prop:
telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=1 to 0
ro.mot.phonemode.vzwglobalphone=1 to 0
ro.telephony.default_network= set to 3
ro.telephony.gsm-routes-us-smsc = 1 to 0

for quick apn settings use attatched file (replace in /system/etc/)

good luck

The setting I put in bold, I had to set to 1, not zero or com.android.phone would crash on voice calls.

This is on a UK giffgaff (O2) SIM.

bonesjones

Dec 9, 2009
Birmingham
key 103 DPAD_UP
key 104 PAGE_UP
key 105 DPAD_LEFT
key 106 DPAD_RIGHT
key 107 MOVE_END
key 108 DPAD_DOWN

That's what have. The edits to fix were already pushed to the repo . Here's the commit log. https://github.com/STS-Dev-Team/and...mmit/480472844f5f56f8c885e19bc1012950e5f62221

I would guess you're somehow missing those changes.

That's what I used to have. And I knw you're right cause I wouldn't be the only one with this issue. Just don't see how. Just wiped again before I serup the newest build Sunday. Oh well its fixed now.

problematic

Jan 11, 2011
Go figure, I get CM10 on my EVO 4G before my Droid 4. Hopefully its coming soon!!!

I wish everybody would read hashcode's twitter.

Not going to be dramatic. Summary: All devices are going to a unified kexec kernel which will better support ‪#JB‬. It takes time. ‪#Patience

I'll post on http://blog.hash-of-codes.com with more detail later. But the result is: JB will be much better than what our ICS is now.

Reactions: mj084

bonesjones

Dec 9, 2009
Birmingham
It'll be like a blast from the past!!
I remember the awesomeness of the d1. We can have that again with our newer phones soon!

thelolotov

Nov 27, 2009
There's a new build, I'd suggest refraining from installing it, I did, and now I'm having a host of problems. Play Store doesn't work, bunch of apps disappeared, etc.

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently you need to reinstall gapps after installing this. No huge changes.

Last edited:

bonesjones

Dec 9, 2009
Birmingham
There's a new build, I'd suggest refraining from installing it, I did, and now I'm having a host of problems. Play Store doesn't work, bunch of apps disappeared, etc.

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently you need to reinstall gapps after installing this. No huge changes.

U gotta install gapps after any rom. :)

tomf80

May 11, 2009
Hmm, the RomBot link isn't working anymore.
It seems the ICS-LEAK subdirectory in the Maserati folder is gone.
Are the regular cm-9 ROM's not ICS leak-based?

I noticed that too.

Does the CM9 ICS-LEAK version still have the bluetooth audio cutting out bug that AOKP does? Transmitting to a bluetooth audio device causes audio to cut out for me, freezing the phone for a second or two while it is cut out. This seems different from the bug mentioned elsewhere.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FLASHING ROMS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND COULD POTENTIALLY DAMAGE YOUR PHONE -- WHILE I MAKE EVERY ATTEMPT NOT TO LET THIS HAPPEN, IT'S STILL A RISK THAT YOU'RE TAKING. IF SOMETHING BAD SHOULD HAPPEN TO YOUR PHONE, PLEASE DON'T BLAME ME -- HENCE THIS WARNING.

This isn't so much a ROM announcement as it is a direction to find the unofficial nightly builds of CM9 for the Droid 4 (based on Motorola ICS leaks)

Download Here from ROMbot

Download GApps Here (04/29 Goo-Inside GApps Link).
    FLASH THE GAPPS.ZIP FILE AFTER YOU FLASH THE ICS.ZIP

WHAT do I need to run this ROM?
    - Rooted
    - Running a Motorola ICS leak (.206, .208, .211, etc)
    - I recommend that you run Safestrap v2.00 to install this. Here's how to use Safestrap
    And you can download Safestrap for the Droid 4 (v2.x for ICS-leak users) here:
    Safestrap « Hash-of-Codes

WHAT can I expect to work right now?
    - 4G and basic phone function
    - All sensors
    - Camera, Panorama and Face-unlock
    - Video Recording
    - HD YouTube
    - Netflix

Current Known Issues?
    - Data connection is a work in progress. It's MUCH better than it used to be in the old ICS builds, however there is always room for improvement. Due to the "global" data connection style of stock Motorola ICS, this problem will probably continue to be worked on. Feedback is always appreciated, but if you see it posted already then there's a good chance I know about specific issues.
    - Currently, there is a bug in the rotation display of the phone. What I mean is, that when you take the phone and rotate it, the display will squeeze in on itself and then pop back out. This is a *known* issue and I'm working very hard to fix it.
    - The CM9 built-in Wifi Tether won't work. You need to use the "Wifi Tether" app that's bundled into the ROM. Once you open it, hit [menu] and "Settings". Select "Change Device-Profile" to "Generic ICS".
    - I'm sure there's more, I'll update this list here in a bit.

WHO works on this?
    Myself and @DHacker29 work as a team to build AOSP-based ROMs (and device setups) for several Motorola phones. Typically, I do the coding work in C, C++ or Java while DHacker maintains the blobs, runs merges with CM/AOKP sources, and solves device issues which require less coding.

WHAT is a "nightly"?
    It's an automated build ran from a script. It basically: deletes the current set of output files, sync's with github, and then attempts to do a brand new build. It can break at times, in which case we'll fix it (usually this happens when there are framework changes which didn't get merged).

WHY would I want this?
    - Since we work on several devices, this is how we decided to start keeping builds up-to-date. Rather than spend several hours a week on builds and uploading. This happens automatically every night around 2am PST.
    - It's up to you the community to identify good "stable" builds.

Feel free to follow me on Twitter as I do sometimes make announcements there before I do forum postings:
    Hashcode (@Hashcode0f) on Twitter

We maintain all of our code at github:
    https://github.com/o...ns/STS-Dev-Team

Screenshots:
    [ COMING SOON ]
    Reserved for future use
    Well I can assist in your issue.

I too was skeptical at first about safestrap but its pretty self explanatory.
    You have the concept down that it backs up your original system 1 and creates a system 2 to then be altered and flashed without touching system 1.

I had the Droid X and that had a locked bootloader as well.
    From my research a locked bootloader just denies the "lowest" level of access to the phone which includes flashing radios and kernels.

Other than that, Yes you can install D4 Safestrap which acts just as CWM Recovery in order to flash this Rom and or others.

Remember when flashing to ENABLE safestrap before you flash and always backup, wipe data, cache, and dalvik

Hope that helps explain some of it to you.

I have ICS this beta running on my D4 like a champ
    Just tried installing using safestrap and bootlooped. Had to hard reboot to get back to safestrap recovery and back in to stock ROM. Anyone else tried this yet? Might try again tonight when I get home and let the battery charge up a bit.

Sent from my DROID4 using XDA
    I was able to get it installed and working just fine under safestrap. Did you wipe data, cache, and dalvick?
    I was able to get it installed and working just fine under safestrap. Did you wipe data, cache, and dalvick?

That was it. First time I've used safestrap. I figured since I did not have a previous ROM installed in Safemode that I did not need to wipe. Went back in, wiped data and cache and now I am in business. Looking good Hash!

One question though, I tried to wipe dalvik and it said it could not find sd-ext. Any idea what that is about?

Edit: Feels so good to be flashing ROMs again!!!