Please Help - Rebooting LG G2 Wrong Rom

Search This thread

bmc613

Sep 20, 2013
Hi guys, first post here so please bear with me.
I recently bought a used LG G2, its the Sprint model from the USA. The previous owner had it rooted, and flashed a stock T-Mobile rom or might have been a custom T-Mobile rom.... needless to say, the model of the phone changed to D801 (the T-Mobile Variant).
So when I use LGFLASHTOOL to flash the Sprint *.tot file, it gives me an error message stating that the hardware model does not match the software I am trying to install, because the phone basically now thinks its a D801. The phone, however is the LS980 from Sprint. As well, *#06# is giving me a "null" IMEI. The previous owner never gave me the box ,so I don't even know the IMEI number for the phone. I'm really frustrated having bought the phone and now can't even use the stock firmware. Does anyone know how I can put the sprint firmware back on using the kdz method ? Or perhaps how I can override LGFLASHTOOL to flash the Sprint *.tot without it checking the hardware.
Please help, I'm out a lot of money if I can't figure this out. BTW the phone is no longer rooted, and keeps resetting itself. I had reflashed the stock T-Mobile rom because he told me it was tmobile (really was his own custom t-mobile rom) so now i dont even have TWRP on or root.
Again, the phone constantly turns on and off and I'm desperately seeking help. Thanks in advance.

P.S. Also wondering if its impossible to know imei if it says null.... but restoring the Sprint rom is my main priority.

ferrojasaguilar

Jan 27, 2013
Do you have access to recovery like twrp? If so, just flash a sprint Rom, any rom. That way the next time you use LGFlashTool it will detect it as a LS980.

Edit: I see that you don't have twrp. ..

Sent from my LG Flex