O2 XDA Stealth unbricking

Search This thread

Invince_Z

Aug 14, 2009
my O2 Stealth has been REVIVED!!

yup..the jtag method works. now i'm using the stealth with WM6.5 by slimli.

i'm working on the manual for O2 Stealth bootloader restoration and will upload it with the reast of tools required in a few days. :)

kcaH

Dec 17, 2006
yup..the jtag method works. now i'm using the stealth with WM6.5 by slimli.

i'm working on the manual for O2 Stealth bootloader restoration and will upload it with the reast of tools required in a few days. :)

Lucky you are, I am uniky, no result still. How did you solve the contact problem?

Invince_Z

Aug 14, 2009
Lucky you are, I am uniky, no result still. How did you solve the contact problem?
I solder it on stealth board. LOL (dont do that...u'll regret later)

if u can wait till tomorrow, i'll try finish up the manual. it will have proper instruction and pictures.

i'll try make it easy to understand and followed.

kcaH

Dec 17, 2006
I solder it on stealth board. LOL (dont do that...u'll regret later)

if u can wait till tomorrow, i'll try finish up the manual. it will have proper instruction and pictures.

i'll try make it easy to understand and followed.

OK, thx. I flashed mine, but no result. Think, it is due to the contact problem.

Invince_Z

Aug 14, 2009
MANUAL + Software

Both software and manual has been uploaded. Hope it'll help many who searching for ways to revive his/her Stealth due to dead BootLoader

Attachments

• Stealth_repairBootLoader.zip
    281.5 KB · Views: 588
  • MANUAL+Stealth_repairBootLoader.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 821
Last edited:

am-serv

Apr 13, 2007
My O2 Stealth

I have a problem with my O2 XDA Stealth, I can not update it, I can not use the backup, could do the hard reset and is blinking orange Patallo O2 appears as an image, but if it comes to WM5. When I do the test P.O.S.T. Engineering in basic mode Function with Flash Test test, an error checksum = cc38e05a, test fail!. :(

may be that in the process of the BootLoader solve the problem?:confused:

am-serv

Apr 13, 2007
My O2 Stealth

This is the image that comes with the error :confused:

Could someone please help me ... ... ...? :(

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

kakadiya

Feb 24, 2008
hey...
I still can update bootloader through JTAG method described in manual/method, still I cant flash any ROM, i got DSUU screen on PC hanged at "Begin format..." and nothing happens after that, device still shows connected though active sync..

I think my prob is something different than boot loader, my stealth hangs at startup screen windows logo..

Last edited:

deepthroat

Jan 27, 2008
I think my prob is something different than boot loader, my stealth hangs at startup screen windows logo..
try something different now, I rarely flashing via activesync lol. Do it now by copying all necessary files (DSUU, CUSTFILE, gbcall.nb0 - dont recall every file sorry) to root of microSD card and start flashing (pressing green and red button then power button, hold them until you see "searching image ...".
NOTE: gbcall.nb0 could be from WM5, 6.1 or 6.5

deepthroat

Jan 27, 2008
I have a problem with my O2 XDA Stealth, I can not update it, I can not use the backup, could do the hard reset and is blinking orange Patallo O2 appears as an image, but if it comes to WM5. When I do the test P.O.S.T. Engineering in basic mode Function with Flash Test test, an error checksum = cc38e05a, test fail!. :(
may be that in the process of the BootLoader solve the problem?:confused:
never got that problem before ...but before trying JTAG, try to flash via microSD first - make sure your battery is full before doing flash.

am-serv

Apr 13, 2007
My O2 Stealth

never got that problem before ...but before trying JTAG, try to flash via microSD first - make sure your battery is full before doing flash.

Hello deepthroat thanks :), To extend the description of the fault: A while ago my Stealth with wm6.1 upgrade but I was pleased that many mistakes. But then switch to wm5 with the original ROM and it worked very well .... I have a brother who have another Stealth I did the same at the same time, Dex for 6 months, presented the problem before with my stealth mention. and my brother is working well. :confused:

The Stealth of my brother and updated with WM6.5 works well. But my Stealth presents the problem I wrote above. I try to flash via microSD with a single "gbcall.nb0" with different versions of WM5 and WM61 or WM65. but my Stealth light a lamp and the screen is orange with the logo of O2. After a few minutes and do nothing, I press reset and it goes to normal with above settings with all my documents as nothing. I try to use the ActiveSync, and format the memory but does not update the ROM. :confused:

Deepthroat, What do you recommend......... :confused:

deepthroat

Jan 27, 2008
The Stealth of my brother and updated with WM6.5 works well. But my Stealth presents the problem I wrote above. I try to flash via microSD with a single "gbcall.nb0" with different versions of WM5 and WM61 or WM65. but my Stealth light a lamp and the screen is orange with the logo of O2. After a few minutes and do nothing, I press reset and it goes to normal with above settings with all my documents as nothing. I try to use the ActiveSync, and format the memory but does not update the ROM. :confused:
Deepthroat, What do you recommend......... :confused:
Hmmm ....language barrier here, i'm not sure fully understand your problem here. Please read start from here on flashing via microSD, make sure you have the file required copied to the root directory.
If that still fails, maybe you need MTTY to format NAND via PC but i'm not sure about task number to be performed. Google over this forum on subject of MTTY.

kakadiya

Feb 24, 2008
try something different now, I rarely flashing via activesync lol. Do it now by copying all necessary files (DSUU, CUSTFILE, gbcall.nb0 - dont recall every file sorry) to root of microSD card and start flashing (pressing green and red button then power button, hold them until you see "searching image ...".
NOTE: gbcall.nb0 could be from WM5, 6.1 or 6.5

have tried everything bro..

hermanwen

Oct 21, 2008
Problem

Darn. When Im soldering the part
I just broke the TMS gold part, any other place for TMS gold part replacement.

Thanks

Attachments

• broken.JPG
    broken.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 54

Andy1989

Nov 26, 2008
Ujjain
Hello,

My PC doesn't have a Parallel port so I purchased a PCI to parallel device, installed it, stil getting error"

'Unable to find parallel port' :( :( :( :(

Invince_Z

Aug 14, 2009
This is the image that comes with the error :confused:

Could someone please help me ... ... ...? :(
flash using activesync? why dont u flash using memory card instead?

hey...
I still can update bootloader through JTAG method described in manual/method, still I cant flash any ROM, i got DSUU screen on PC hanged at "Begin format..." and nothing happens after that, device still shows connected though active sync..

can u flash using memory card?

Darn. When Im soldering the part
I just broke the TMS gold part, any other place for TMS gold part replacement.

Thanks
that is bad. that is why soldering is not recommended. i dunno how to repair..but maybe u can ask some electronician to work it for u

Hello,

My PC doesn't have a Parallel port so I purchased a PCI to parallel device, installed it, stil getting error"

'Unable to find parallel port' :( :( :( :(
maybe the software not recognize ur PCI-Parallel. honestly..i kinda forgot what did i wrote inside the manual already. i'll come back later...hv to re-study the manual again. :eek:

Jbazt_katuforzs

Mar 25, 2008
Baliuag Bulacan
nothing happened

flash using activesync? why dont u flash using memory card instead?

can u flash using memory card?

that is bad. that is why soldering is not recommended. i dunno how to repair..but maybe u can ask some electronician to work it for u

maybe the software not recognize ur PCI-Parallel. honestly..i kinda forgot what did i wrote inside the manual already. i'll come back later...hv to re-study the manual again. :eek:

i sucessfully flashed my bricked steath using the jtag following the manual you've created but how come i cannot enter the bootloader mode by pressing camera, insert battery and pressing the reset button after flasshing the 2 adresses? is something i missed? can you lught light me up a little bit here? and when i press the on switch im ending up in a white screen lcd please really need your help urgently have no phone to use. thanks