what kind of case do you use ?

Search This thread

egasseMneddiH

Aug 28, 2013
Longwood
I don't use one. I have never dropped my Nexus 4, and think a case takes away from the design and experience the manufacturer intended you having. I just have a few scratches on the back. I do use a screen protector though.

Flipz77

Jul 15, 2014
Milan
Google Pixel 4 XL
A set of 10 monocolor gummy silicone shells :D 1 € each, and I can switch colors as I prefer :p black, white, yellow, orange, red, purple, blue, light blue, green and a fuchsia one I obviously don't use outside but I keep for covering up the phone as it's charging at night - I sleep on a bunk bed and the cable goes all the way up to the side shelf, so charging it without a cover is NOT an option. I use the fuchsia one for that in order not to loosen up the others too much as the charger I use has got a fairly bulky plug.
When I'm at home, however, I don't use any of them 'cause all of my floors are wooden and we all know our n4 looks and feels best uncovered.
What does not look and feel good is a broken glass, so whenever I go outside I grab one of the colors and don't really have to worry about how I pull it out of my pocket and stuff. Anyway (fingers crossed) it's never fallen to the ground and I've had it for one year. Needless to say I've got protectors front and backside.

Sorry for the poem :D

Last edited:

alanferned

Aug 14, 2014
abroad trucase

My dad uses a matte black TPU case that he bought on Amazon for 10 dollars, looks and feels nice too.

SetPT

Apr 3, 2012
I bought a Meifeng Quicksand Ultra Slim in October. It's simple the best. It holded on until like a month ago when it started to peel off. Since then i bought 2 clone cases and they didnt have any quality. They didnt fit right, they didnt protect as much, and i couldnt find more Meifengs. Today i found them on Ebay, only 2 left, one gray and one blue. Bought them both!

The best case for Nexus 4.

ramjet73

Jan 12, 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii
I bought a Meifeng Quicksand Ultra Slim in October. It's simple the best. It holded on until like a month ago when it started to peel off. Since then i bought 2 clone cases and they didnt have any quality. They didnt fit right, they didnt protect as much, and i couldnt find more Meifengs. Today i found them on Ebay, only 2 left, one gray and one blue. Bought them both!

This may be a clone (or re-branded version) of the Meifeng Quicksand?

Not bad for $8 with free shipping. :good:

ramjet73

SetPT

Apr 3, 2012
This may be a clone (or re-branded version) of the Meifeng Quicksand?

Not bad for $8 with free shipping. :good:

ramjet73

Looks like a really good clone!! But its hard to tell :\

It's a shame that meifeng stopped doing those cases for our phone!

Nexus 5 has better cases :\ I feel like only meifengs quicksand cases have that premium quality. I paid 5€/6.6$ for each! But i dont think i can find them again...

Flipz77

Jul 15, 2014
Milan
Google Pixel 4 XL

I wouldn't say that this kind of case "protects" that well... An impact on the "naked" edges is still gonna shatter the glass. It's a matter of taste, I understand,, but why risk the back glass (with bumpers) or, much worse, the front glass with this kind of case?

ItsTommyBoy

Mar 29, 2013
I use the main-stream ringke fusion case and have tossed it up, down, all around in my college dorm room without anything happening to it. I've dropped it a few times, but nonetheless the case has protected my Nexus 4 very well.

wolfen69

Feb 25, 2012
Woodstock, GA USA
I use the main-stream ringke fusion case and have tossed it up, down, all around in my college dorm room without anything happening to it. I've dropped it a few times, but nonetheless the case has protected my Nexus 4 very well.

Yeah, Ringke Fusion cases are good, while not too bulky. I just wish they made the clear fusion case for the N4.

Reactions: vincentallen2

webdevoman

Aug 31, 2011
Acase.. Saved my phone numerous times. Has a hardshell with a separate rubber inner. Best case I've ever had.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

utsmaster18

Nov 25, 2010
Acase.. Saved my phone numerous times. Has a hardshell with a separate rubber inner. Best case I've ever had.

I have the same case. Definitely very strong in terms of protection but one thing is that it is bulkier than a ringke fusion. I've dropped the phone a couple times from 4 feet and not a single scratch anywhere. That's why I'm hesitating to move to lighter case because I know this one works very well.

One good feature which also has a downside is that the case envelops the phone so that if the phone were to fall flat, the screen wouldn't make contact with the ground. But this also affects typing as you can't get right to the very edge. Not a problem for me because I use SwiftKey Flow but can be a problem for others.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

webdevoman

Aug 31, 2011
Yes, it is a little bulky but with an all glass phone I think it is needed.

I also know what you mean about the lip but it is there to protect the screen.

I'm hoping my next phone will be one where a case is not needed. The nexus 4 is awesome but very fragile. If not for this case though I would have had to upgrade months ago. lol

markrwhittle7

Mar 30, 2014
Preston
Ringke Fusion

I've been using the Ringke Fusion case pretty much since I got my N4. Absolutely love it. Lightweight, slim, shows off the N4's dotted back design and the soft touch plastic used in the case is similar to that around the phone itself. Also the feet on the back lift it just enough to get sound out so you can use the speaker when the phone is on its back on a flat surface :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have been using the Ionic Guardian case for a while as my everyday case, really like it, and it is pretty cheap, under $10 for most colors. I also have a red Turtle Armor case that I use sometimes, it is pretty cheap but works well and has a holster. I did use a Mybat Tuff case for a while, it was great, but I just can't find it.

Been looking at the Boxwave Active series case lately, might order one with my next Amazon purchase to see what it is like, although for the price you can get an Otterbox, Trident, or Ballistic case.
    I've actually found that using no case, at least on this phone is the best for me. For one, I'm not afraid of dropping my phone because I rarely do. But for another reason, I find cases tend to make the phone buttons harder to use. I bought a legit SPIGEN case per my friend's recommendation but as soon as I got it I hated it. Buttons become harder to press because its no longer raised out of the body as much, and the thing I hate most is that the case was actually slippier to hold than the phone naked, because this phone has the side grip. With the case, I would have to use slide2wake/lock to make daily use easier but I like the slim feeling of the phone so there's no case for me. I've yet to find a good case for this phone so if people have one, let us know, I'm curious.

I have a Ringke Fusion and find this case actually makes the buttons easier to press. There have been a handful of times without the case that I have to physically look at the phone to find the buttons.

Using a white Ringke Slim and loving it.

There's one problem though, the bit covering the front on the top left is larger than all the other ones, causing my phone to wobble when face-down on a table. Anyone else have this problem?

No problem with my Fusion but I did read some reviews. See if they will do an exchange for you.

As stated I have the Ringke Fusion. The added protection is great. I've dropped it a couple times and the bumper has handled it like a boss! Still being able to see what makes this phone so beautiful is a bonus! Why get a N4 if you're just going to cover up what makes it so pretty?

But, I digress, I think I'm going to opt for something like ghost armor as dust/dirt has gotten between the case and the phone and has marred the plastic fairly well. Does not appear to be any damages to the glass, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. Also, the case seems to have vertically scratched the chrome trim around the bottom edge of the device.

You guys know where can i find a red gel soft case? i bought one blue for 3€ but it's not so soft..:(
    nillkin white....cant find ringke anywhere in my country
    You might be interested in this thread.

ramjet73

Yeah, Ringke Fusion cases are good, while not too bulky. I just wish they made the clear fusion case for the N4.