Desperate situation with P735 ROM upgrade - Please help

Search This thread

pupakota

Sep 29, 2009
do not miss xuanmei's post, i am sure, he knows what to do(i spent last 3 days reading their hermetic forums and i am sure he knows answer).

AsusP

Jan 26, 2012
Bootloader photo

Trying everything but no way to enter bootloader mode, while pressing all possible combinations of keys.
The "most" i succeeded is to obtain an all white non-responsive screen after what i had to remove the battery and put it back again to make the device become responsive to commands...

Should i make photo of the all-white screen, is that the bootloader? I saw no other info on it.

PS: It's not the first time i see the white screen, i've got it a few times while using some ordinary programs like Opera Mobile - when it would crash, the device would become irresponsive in the same way.
Was a failed ROM upgrade attempted on this device?
By the way, the condition of the device is (surprisingly) new, there is no evidence of any physical damage or anything similar.

Last edited:

pupakota

Sep 29, 2009
when you see today(so not on HOLD=ON), and make soft reset(reset hole) while holding dpad right.

btw, you surely did not try all combinations, hence pressing dpad up + sr will lead you to hard reset screen..
vide material:
http://www.hardreset.eu/asus_p735_hard_reset_soft_reset_en.html

so, again, i think that bl mode is dpad right+sr.

about whitescreen - most probable is....loose hardbutton board connector.i read about this somewhere. it is not serious thing.

Last edited:

AsusP

Jan 26, 2012
Well, i've tried all the combinations close to the one you described. I have no clue what is dpad right, i guess the directional button to the right, well if that's it then i can only confirm that the device doesn't react to that combination at all. Still trying other stuff.
-
Ok, i can just definitely confirm: after having tried EVERYTHING, the device DOESN'T react or enters any mode.
After the first attempt to enter the bootloader or hardreset mode the RESET button gets DISABLED and i can't do anything with it, even just reset the device if i want to.
This device seems completely LOCKED against any sort of modifying or upgrade.

Last edited:

pupakota

Sep 29, 2009
Well, i've tried all the combinations close to the one you described. I have no clue what is dpad right, i guess the directional button to the right, well if that's it then i can only confirm that the device doesn't react to that combination at all. Still trying other stuff.
-
Ok, i can just definitely confirm: after having tried EVERYTHING, the device DOESN'T react or enters any mode.
After the first attempt to enter the bootloader or hardreset mode the RESET button gets DISABLED and i can't do anything with it, even just reset the device if i want to.
This device seems completely LOCKED against any sort of modifying or upgrade.

dpad is whole up/down/right/left set under the screen(all directionals)...

you are trying combinations when device is unLOCKed("HOLD" button UP), and turned on, right?
i mean, this is stupid, but you are unlocking device normally, right?
machine's on, you can see today(just system, whatever) on screen, and then you are pressing dpad right and resetting while holding dpad?

maybe dpad is not working at all?

Attachments

• Imfgfage2.jpg
    Imfgfage2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

AsusP

Jan 26, 2012
Yes, the device is definitely unlocked. Dpad rights is working correctly in everything else i use ex. text messages. Device condition is quite new.
I'll keep trying and see what happens. No issue on doing the same operation on my P525.

AsusP

Jan 26, 2012
No one has knowledge whether is possible to enter the bootloader mode through software? The keys/function on this device seems to be simply blocked.

pupakota

Sep 29, 2009
sorry mate that i cannot help you, imho, bl mode cannot be locked, so i am out of ideas, wth is going on.
probably something trivial, but i have no idea.
it's hard to believe that bl mode is accesible only when file is on card, but..

AsusP

Jan 26, 2012
Hi, i will for sure find a way to enter the bootloader but what i would really appreaciate your help for is in making a 6.1 english Rom for this device... Thanks.

pupakota

Sep 29, 2009
i would really appreaciate your help for is in making a 6.1 english Rom for this device... Thanks.

I managed to dismount any rom for 735 i found, organize OEM and port sys part. i managed to prepare xip part too, but i have difficulties in turning whole thing back into pseudo"abi";
while whole porting operation seem to be simple as with 525(even if any of autokitchen tool used for 525 535 etc is NOT working;/), there are weird things that are building my concern about effect(weird decryption error for..somethingsomething in this case - everything that's needed is properly processed, so i am not sure about encrypted part, it's radio, ext, whatever, maybe..i can say it is safe to skip it, but..).
i am sure, that any rom build is real(it is just WM after all), but i did not manage to get ANY really useful info from any of chinese forums, where i can see many builds for 735 - all kitchens are gone, or are downloadable after registration that i cannot complete for reasons unknown(forum's declining safe-code, weird;/).
after years with PDA's i learned, that making something for device i cannot even see is risky business.
i would not be afraid, if device's mine(i made rom for 525 in 17minutes since mailman came with package, i even did not look what was flashed into - i just took a look on bootloader mode and its protection regarding wrong rom image), but i cannot be responsible for someone's else machine(and choices).

what's puzzling at this moment is bootloadr mode issue.
imho, i'd flash this device with unpacked abi file(one from exe), if this issue is solved.
then we may talk about further steps.

btw, i'd recommend custom 6.5 21916, not 6.1 build - 219xx has significant improvements in some areas(image loading, flash performance, etc), what led me to leave 6.1 build, especially when 6'5s memory usage became similar to 6.1's after heavy modding of mentioned 6.5 build.

Last edited:

AsusP

Jan 26, 2012
Still trying on any possible way to resolve the bootloader issue, trying different things and seeking advice on other forums. Hope it'll be solved soon. Seen your reply just now and gonna study it. I thought there was a chinese guy on XDA btw, maybe he's got some hint.. Wishing you a nice weekend.

AsusP

Jan 26, 2012
Ok, i see..do as you think is better... Concerning the risks, yes, i'm aware of them and i'm completely taking the responsibility if the device breaks. I can't do anything with it in this state anyway.

AsusP

Jan 26, 2012
Near capitulation

Hi... I tried everything possible, even codes for all other Asus devices, just can't enter the Bootloader. I guess this is a damned device. If you have no second opinion i'm just gonna exchange it for a P535 or something else from the place i bought it. If only another owner of a P735 could join this conversation and benefit from it and maybe resolve to question - and finally accomplish the creation of the first-ever ROM for the P735 after the 6.0.
Huge thanks to Pupakota and others for all your efforts.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    tell me, what exactly are you trying to use to flash, abi file, exe file, what is it?

cit:
    You can extract ABI file and flash you device through SD card
    sooo..it seems, that updater BUG is reason, not roms itself here.
    funny is, that rom cooking for this machine is quite real, if tools i can see are working.

--------------
    upd: ok, so, if i see it right, all you need is to:
    fully charge battery,
    extact exe, get abi,
    copy abi to empty sd card(NOT SHDC!),
    go to bootloader(hard to say how - try dpad right + soft reset) and
    wait.
    when update's done, do hard reset.
    --------------

of course, i cannot say at this moment, if whole process is safe, it works fine with zinc device(that seem to have identical flash procedures and SAME cross-lang error when manufacturer way of flashing is used(exe)).

i will try to get more info from my mate asap. cross your fingers, and wait a bit.

here's tool you may try to get abi file from original asus updater EXE file:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=368401

if it's not working, there's another one, maybe more universal,
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=511158

btw, are you from Pakistan? :)