Camera Not working [STOCK][C690X][4.4] Update to 14.3.A.0.681 [Root & XZDR][LB/UB]

Search This thread

silverfox013

Oct 21, 2010
Camera Not working [STOCK][C690X][4.4] Update to 14.3.A.0.681 [Root & XZDR][LB/UB]

I would like to add to the thread mentioned below that I also have the camera not working.

Sony Xperia Z1 > Xperia Z1 Android Development > [STOCK][C690X][4.4] Update to 14.3.A.0.681 [Root & XZDR][LB/UB]

Device: Xperia Z1, 6903.
BootLoader unlocked
Previous Rom: [ROM] iHackers v3.0 [Xperia Z1] [ 1 2 3 ... Last ]

Previously the camera worked fine.

Admin: I've been flashing Roms since my Xperia X10, I am an experienced IT Guy with 15 years linux experience. I just never posted before because I always found my answers but this time I think I need to notify user: [NUT] that there are more users with this problem, reported on page 31.

Please allow me to post directly to the thread in question.
Thank you.

LoTableT

Nov 23, 2010
La Spezia
i solved downgrading to 136 then flashed stock 681 official

After i installed CWM6 recovery and flashed SU Package from chainfire website.

But battery draining too fast

Last edited:
Reactions: silverfox013

hush66

Apr 6, 2010
I have read that others who have done a factory reset, had their problems resolved.

No need to be so hostile, I was just trying to help. Won't help you in the future.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Reactions: HellRoot

silverfox013

Oct 21, 2010
I have read that others who have done a factory reset, had their problems resolved.

No need to be so hostile, I was just trying to help. Won't help you in the future.

Not being hostile at all mate. It's just that your solution doesn't make any sense, would have brought me grief if I followed your advice, and no I haven't read anywhere of anyone reseting to factory having solved this particular problem.

So a technical explanation would have made a difference!

snggwt

May 18, 2007
karad
same thing, after flashing 14.3.A0.681 my phone camera is not working (Z1 /unlock bootloader/rooted /before flashing this rom /my device was working perfectly)....
waiting for solution. start to flashing old rom 1136

Last edited:

silverfox013

Oct 21, 2010
I ended up flashing a stock kit Kat ftf. No root but at least I have a working phone. With camera and no glitches. I will look into rooting and installing recovery next time I get a chance.

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Not being hostile at all mate. It's just that your solution doesn't make any sense, would have brought me grief if I followed your advice, and no I haven't read anywhere of anyone reseting to factory having solved this particular problem.

So a technical explanation would have made a difference!

Actually a Factory Reset is recommended every time after an Upgrade to clean up the installation. @hush66 is right, It was said 100 times here on XDA and before wipe everything you should had do a Factory Reset. Maybe it will not fix your problem but it does for some Battery Drain and some other stuff. Never reject a tip, but try by your self if you don't have nothing to lose.

jerpelea

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 7, 2006
Lund
sites.google.com
hi Guys,

i have flashed my device again when camera was not working with same 4.4 ftf rom and now camera seems to be working again

can you confirm this fix for your device

br
J

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
I dont have any backup
Ta backup

please read the post again, it does not say that, it says to flash a FTF again

At the very least I so hope you have learned to read before you start going flashing or unlocking your phone.

You have unlocked your bootloader so its very easy

Flash a 757 FTF
Flash XZDR dual recovery kernel (From [NUT]s download page here http://nut.xperia-files.com/) (Extract the boot.img, flash it with fastboot flash boot boot.img, then enter recovery and flash the whole .zip)

Then flash supers.zip from chainfire http://download.chainfire.eu/420/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99.zip

then enter recovery (Philz and goto philz settings and enable verify root on exit, then reboot and conform to fix root)

hell_no

May 16, 2014
please read the post again, it does not say that, it says to flash a FTF again

At the very least I so hope you have learned to read before you start going flashing or unlocking your phone.

You have unlocked your bootloader so its very easy

Flash a 757 FTF
Flash XZDR dual recovery kernel (From [NUT]s download page here http://nut.xperia-files.com/) (Extract the boot.img, flash it with fastboot flash boot boot.img, then enter recovery and flash the whole .zip)

Then flash supers.zip from chainfire http://download.chainfire.eu/420/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99.zip

then enter recovery (Philz and goto philz settings and enable verify root on exit, then reboot and conform to fix root)
okay i try it , but if that same problem . i downgrade into 4.3 until waiting problem solved

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I would like to add to the thread mentioned below that I also have the camera not working.

Sony Xperia Z1 > Xperia Z1 Android Development > [STOCK][C690X][4.4] Update to 14.3.A.0.681 [Root & XZDR][LB/UB]

Device: Xperia Z1, 6903.
    BootLoader unlocked
    Previous Rom: [ROM] iHackers v3.0 [Xperia Z1] [ 1 2 3 ... Last ]

Previously the camera worked fine.

Admin: I've been flashing Roms since my Xperia X10, I am an experienced IT Guy with 15 years linux experience. I just never posted before because I always found my answers but this time I think I need to notify user: [NUT] that there are more users with this problem, reported on page 31.

Please allow me to post directly to the thread in question.
    Thank you.
    i solved downgrading to 136 then flashed stock 681 official

After i installed CWM6 recovery and flashed SU Package from chainfire website.

But battery draining too fast