[request] to korean users

Search This thread

edmarmartins

Aug 10, 2010
As all you know, Motorola had released oficial 2.3.4 Gingerbread update in your country as 16 this month (august). You Korean fellow who had upgraded your Atrix to Gingerbread, your cooperation is needed. If you got your update thru MSU Tool (Motorola Software Update) or OTA (Over the air), please, share your SBF file or zip file. This will allow International Atrix users gain access to an official update to Gingerbread and provide developers an more stable base to build their custom ROMS.

Your effort will be VERY appreciated.

Cheers.
:cool:

ds2atc

Apr 23, 2011
Seoul, Korea
There are 2 different model numbers in Korea, KT & SKT, and we have OTA update file(KT) and full nand CWM backup(also KT) which was backed up from an unlocked stock rom(there's only 1 unlocked pure stock GB Atrix exist :D, customer service guy SBFed unlocked one). Somebody already has found a method to go back to the stock rom which is using CWM restore, BL&Radio flashing. the only problem we have is removing "unlocked" message to get services. I'll upload the files later(cuz i'm working right now :( ) if those are what you wanted

edmarmartins

Aug 10, 2010
Mb860 .4.5.2a-skt-75

Thanks my friend.

I guess the correct model number is (MB860_SKT) MB860 .4.5.2A-SKT-75.

KT model is also refered as MOTOROLA ATRIX™ (MB861_KT) MB861 .4.5.2A-KT-75 at Korea Motorola website.

Anyway, we would appreciate if you upload your files and share with us.

Cheers. :D

ds2atc

Apr 23, 2011
Seoul, Korea
:D Here are the files.

OTA update file(KT MB861)
Blur_Version.4.1.210.MB861.KT.en.KR.zip(thanks to Circle)
files.ucloud.com/pf/D992523_245924_35579

CWM backup stock GB(KT MB861)
4.5.2A-KT-75.zip(thanks to Zove)
files.ucloud.com/pf/D992523_245924_35562

The way to go back to the stock GB(unlocked) Zove found is removing all update scripts except for boot related imgs from the OTA update file and flashing it with CWM.

Anyway, do you think these are enough to make gobstopper, which hides "unlocked" message without SBF? or do we need an SBF to make it?

ps. I'm a kinda newbie here, so i'm not allowed to post outside links :( just put https in front of addresses, and there is limit number of downloading files, so download them carefully :D

Reactions: ears1991

edmarmartins

Aug 10, 2010
Hi brother,

Thanks for your time and interest.

I can't make myself a Gobstopper, but I will forward that files for the one who can if possible.

Thank you. :rolleyes:

NFHimself

Mar 12, 2008
Mount Pearl
Hi,

I had a look at the OTA file, it's a regular patch job for folks already running a Korean firmware. Not really sure what the second file is for.

Code:
assert(file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "MOTO/KT_KR/olympus/olympus:2.2.2/OLYKT_U4_1.21.0/1307051364:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys" ||
       file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "MOTO/KT_KR/olympus:2.3.4/4.5.2A-KT-75/110802:user/release-keys");
So, to create a Gobstopper you need to do a dump of the partitions after the OTA has been applied. I can't apply the OTA since I don't have OLYKT_U4_1.21.0 on my phone. This is required since the existing files are checksum checked and a patch is applied to them. Unless the files are the same, the patch fails.

To do a dump of the partitions:

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p1
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p2
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p4
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p5
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p6
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p7
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p8 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p8
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p9 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p9
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p10 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p10
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p11
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p12 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p12
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p13
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p14
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p17

I did notice that there is a bootloader in there, an ap20bl.img file, if you flash that you will either brick or be with a locked bootloader. That would be how to not have an unlocked message showing. I did notice there is unlocked text in that bootloader, am checking that out now to see if it *is* unlocked, and if it has memory issues.

EDIT: It seems the ap20bl.img in there is unlocked, but it is the same as the IHOP_Bell with the memory issues. So, if you need the "unlocked" message gone, you can try the Bell ap20bl.img file. Which may or may not cause issues on your phone. The radio is 1.35.03P if anyone is interested in that.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: ears1991

xangma

May 15, 2008
Aha. The dump of the partitions isn't the same as the nandroid that is about is it? How is it different? I have just been messing about with the system.img to no avail =[

Interesting about the bootloader etc. =] Would love to get a build of this rom on my phone at some point.

NFHimself

Mar 12, 2008
Mount Pearl
Aha. The dump of the partitions isn't the same as the nandroid that is about is it? How is it different? I have just been messing about with the system.img to no avail =[

Interesting about the bootloader etc. =] Would love to get a build of this rom on my phone at some point.

Hi,

I don't use Nandroid, so no idea. If you want to create a CWM like I did, you dump all the partitions, except pds, userdata, and cache. The point is to be hash check compatible with OTA updates.

Cheers!

xangma

May 15, 2008
Hi,

I don't use Nandroid, so no idea. If you want to create a CWM like I did, you dump all the partitions, except pds, userdata, and cache. The point is to be hash check compatible with OTA updates.

Cheers!

There is some .img files in a zip in the link above. what will I have to do to make this bootable? Oh the ramdisk?

Last edited:

ears1991

Apr 23, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
If anyone is still running a stock korean rom could they check out the atrix firmwares superthread and send the OP the files so they can try and find an sbf for the korean firmware? Otherwise perform the dump as posted above straight after the OTA to 2.3.4

Thanks

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

NFHimself

Mar 12, 2008
Mount Pearl
There is some .img files in a zip in the link above. what will I have to do to make this bootable? Oh the ramdisk?

Hi,

The second link gives me some error in what I would guess is Chinese. If there are img files that might help. But really you can only apply an OTA to a stock firmware that hasn't been modified, is this case for a Korean phone. So what you want is a gobstopper for the stock korean firmware in order to apply the OTA on other phones. Either that or create a CWM zip from the OTA that takes out all references to boot, recovery, cdrom, cdt, bootloader, radio, etc and apply that to a boot and system partition image flash of the stock Korean firmware of the version that the OTA wants to be applied to.

Cheers!

kidqian

Feb 20, 2011

The way to go back to the stock GB(unlocked) Zove found is removing all update scripts except for boot related imgs from the OTA update file and flashing it with CWM.

Anyway, do you think these are enough to make gobstopper, which hides "unlocked" message without SBF? or do we need an SBF to make it?

ps. I'm a kinda newbie here, so i'm not allowed to post outside links :( just put https in front of addresses, and there is limit number of downloading files, so download them carefully :D

thx for sharing man,but the website u provide said,the number of download times exceeded the limit .plz try another one.

xangma

May 15, 2008
Hi,

The second link gives me some error in what I would guess is Chinese. If there are img files that might help. But really you can only apply an OTA to a stock firmware that hasn't been modified, is this case for a Korean phone. So what you want is a gobstopper for the stock korean firmware in order to apply the OTA on other phones. Either that or create a CWM zip from the OTA that takes out all references to boot, recovery, cdrom, cdt, bootloader, radio, etc and apply that to a boot and system partition image flash of the stock Korean firmware of the version that the OTA wants to be applied to.

Cheers!

Ok. I kind of understand what you're saying. I'm re-uploading the cwm .img backup to multiupload now for others to tinker with it.

I know i'm just being silly here. But when I was devving for some other devices a few years back, You could just flash the system.img, grab the ramdisk from the boot.img, pack it up with the kernel zimage and flash that as the new boot.img. Usually wifi wouldn't work because of the wlan.ko file or whatever, but you grab that out of the previous rom etc.

I'm guessing i'm being silly here right? I would love to start work on this official version, but I just don't know where to start. Will post the multiupload link asap.

ds2atc

Apr 23, 2011
Seoul, Korea
Hi,

Cheers!

It says download limit exceeded. I'm uploading the file again and i believe we can make a gobstopper without unlocked bootloader :D
btw, flashing all KT stock partitions and Bell BL&BP caused "failed to boot 1 error"

ds2atc

Apr 23, 2011
Seoul, Korea
daywalker said,
Definitely could use the OTA udate towards finding the stock SBF. If it's 43MB then it probably contains the radio.img (CG5)- should be about 19MB alone - that's what I need start on the right path.
Do you guys think the bp.img file whice is about 19Mb will help him to find the stock SBF?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi,

I had a look at the OTA file, it's a regular patch job for folks already running a Korean firmware. Not really sure what the second file is for.

Code:
    assert(file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "MOTO/KT_KR/olympus/olympus:2.2.2/OLYKT_U4_1.21.0/1307051364:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys" ||
           file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "MOTO/KT_KR/olympus:2.3.4/4.5.2A-KT-75/110802:user/release-keys");
    So, to create a Gobstopper you need to do a dump of the partitions after the OTA has been applied. I can't apply the OTA since I don't have OLYKT_U4_1.21.0 on my phone. This is required since the existing files are checksum checked and a patch is applied to them. Unless the files are the same, the patch fails.

To do a dump of the partitions:

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p1
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p2
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p4
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p5
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p6
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p7
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p8 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p8
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p9 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p9
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p10 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p10
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p11
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p12 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p12
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p13
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p14
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p17

I did notice that there is a bootloader in there, an ap20bl.img file, if you flash that you will either brick or be with a locked bootloader. That would be how to not have an unlocked message showing. I did notice there is unlocked text in that bootloader, am checking that out now to see if it *is* unlocked, and if it has memory issues.

EDIT: It seems the ap20bl.img in there is unlocked, but it is the same as the IHOP_Bell with the memory issues. So, if you need the "unlocked" message gone, you can try the Bell ap20bl.img file. Which may or may not cause issues on your phone. The radio is 1.35.03P if anyone is interested in that.

Cheers!