[request] to korean users

Search This thread

NFHimself

Mar 12, 2008
Mount Pearl
http://www.multiupload.com/02249JZ851

Re-upload of the CWM backup of the new Korean Gingerbread release =D

Hi,

Had a look, you really should get rid of the pds.img it's unique to your phone and someone else should never flash it. You don't need android.secure, cache or data either. If you flashed all the rest of the partitions and didn't have an unlocked bootloader you will likely get a signature mismatch unless the untouched partitions happen to be using the same signature. This is OK for backing up your own information, but transfer it to another phone and you may get a soft brick at best, hard brick at worst, especially if you mess with the pds.img. (If you just want to run the GB, just flash boot and system (osh maybe) using moto-fastboot)

I mention it because one of the goals was to get rid of the unlocked message and you would be using a locked bootloader for that which wouldn't be tolerant of signature mismatches. To avoid that you need the rest of the partitions as I mentioned before.

Cheers!

xangma

May 15, 2008
Hi,

Had a look, you really should get rid of the pds.img it's unique to your phone and someone else should never flash it. You don't need android.secure, cache or data either. If you flashed all the rest of the partitions and didn't have an unlocked bootloader you will likely get a signature mismatch unless the untouched partitions happen to be using the same signature. This is OK for backing up your own information, but transfer it to another phone and you may get a soft brick at best, hard brick at worst, especially if you mess with the pds.img. (If you just want to run the GB, just flash boot and system (osh maybe) using moto-fastboot)

I mention it because one of the goals was to get rid of the unlocked message and you would be using a locked bootloader for that which wouldn't be tolerant of signature mismatches. To avoid that you need the rest of the partitions as I mentioned before.

Cheers!

Hey this is only me re-uploading the file that that other dude posted =P I'm only interested in the boot.img/system.img =D Will have another mess about now

koydickey

May 14, 2009
Hey Men,do you have another file for MB860_SKT version
CWM backup stock GB(SKT MB860)4.5.2A-SKT-75
If you have this file,plz be kindly to upload or PM me,THX

Last edited:

boohking

Jan 12, 2012
hi any news on upgrading my froyo 2.2.2 to gingerbread???

need official OTA update file for my MB860 SKT version please... T_T

ashokbishnoi

Aug 12, 2011
Jodhpur
sorry, the link is not working

Re-upload of the CWM backup of the new Korean Gingerbread release =D[/QUOTE]

xangma, can you provide me a working link....after using the file myself i will upload it on some other server so that everyone can access it...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    :D Here are the files.

OTA update file(KT MB861)
    Blur_Version.4.1.210.MB861.KT.en.KR.zip(thanks to Circle)
    files.ucloud.com/pf/D992523_245924_35579

CWM backup stock GB(KT MB861)
    4.5.2A-KT-75.zip(thanks to Zove)
    files.ucloud.com/pf/D992523_245924_35562

The way to go back to the stock GB(unlocked) Zove found is removing all update scripts except for boot related imgs from the OTA update file and flashing it with CWM.

Anyway, do you think these are enough to make gobstopper, which hides "unlocked" message without SBF? or do we need an SBF to make it?

ps. I'm a kinda newbie here, so i'm not allowed to post outside links :( just put https in front of addresses, and there is limit number of downloading files, so download them carefully :D
    Hi,

I had a look at the OTA file, it's a regular patch job for folks already running a Korean firmware. Not really sure what the second file is for.

Code:
    assert(file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "MOTO/KT_KR/olympus/olympus:2.2.2/OLYKT_U4_1.21.0/1307051364:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys" ||
           file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "MOTO/KT_KR/olympus:2.3.4/4.5.2A-KT-75/110802:user/release-keys");
    So, to create a Gobstopper you need to do a dump of the partitions after the OTA has been applied. I can't apply the OTA since I don't have OLYKT_U4_1.21.0 on my phone. This is required since the existing files are checksum checked and a patch is applied to them. Unless the files are the same, the patch fails.

To do a dump of the partitions:

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p1
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p2
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p4
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p5
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p6
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p7
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p8 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p8
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p9 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p9
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p10 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p10
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p11
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p12 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p12
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p13
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p14
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p17

I did notice that there is a bootloader in there, an ap20bl.img file, if you flash that you will either brick or be with a locked bootloader. That would be how to not have an unlocked message showing. I did notice there is unlocked text in that bootloader, am checking that out now to see if it *is* unlocked, and if it has memory issues.

EDIT: It seems the ap20bl.img in there is unlocked, but it is the same as the IHOP_Bell with the memory issues. So, if you need the "unlocked" message gone, you can try the Bell ap20bl.img file. Which may or may not cause issues on your phone. The radio is 1.35.03P if anyone is interested in that.

Cheers!