[ROM][CM9-Kang] h0tsauce "9" 20120817 *reborn*

Search This thread

babymatteo

Aug 30, 2011
SoCal
Hope there's a fix for the camera soon..it takes pictures just fine...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1337454196832.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1337454196832.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 366

NightHawkUndead

Feb 23, 2012
Dalton, GA
Google Pixel 6 Pro
fix for the s-pen mouse pointer, may also improve touch response from the spen and landscape should be better with the pen.
http://www.mediafire.com/?6utbcs00sbcnfbp

file is in /system/usr/idc
rename old sec_e-pen.idc to sec_e-pen.idc.bak
push/move new file to /system/usr/idc/
*adb command - adb push sec_e-pen.idc /system/usr/idc/
*or use root explorer or other root explorer type app
set permissions to rw-r--r--
reboot

Worked perfect. Much better now. :D:beer:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

rayandreas

Oct 11, 2011
bakersfield ca
Looks good at 192 dpi no fc's at the moment.

Just factory wipe/cache
Flash rom
Flash gapps
Reboot

And no problems here
Don't really care for the keyboard though

I am also running apex launcher and its pretty flawless at the moment .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

ofr those who are flashing for the first time, this is the exact wat to do it...

happy flashing!

sindroidx

Apr 3, 2012
I see a lot of people are stating the 4G icon doesn't show, instead "H" shows. I do not see this, 4G is showing on my phone, anyone care to explain when I may see the H so it doesn't confuse me later?

(I am new to AT&T so the H is different to me)

samomamo

Jul 17, 2010
Thats why theres TIBU and other backups, Its about having the apps data still, but thanks.

Biggest dog on the block, Note!! Now ICED out!

Its just when I install a new rom I never restore anything. I just install again from market just not to have problems bro. I understand we want to restore the data, but we can't be sure if restoring is not going to make some problems. That's all.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

EvoXOhio

Mar 23, 2011
Sorry if this has been addressed, but I noticed that /sdcard points to the external one. How do we access the internal sdcard from the phone?

garypix

Apr 1, 2010
Los Angeles
I see a lot of people are stating the 4G icon doesn't show, instead "H" shows. I do not see this, 4G is showing on my phone, anyone care to explain when I may see the H so it doesn't confuse me later?

on cm9, 4g means lte, H means hspa+, 3g means 3g

Reactions: sindroidx

JamieD81

Nov 11, 2009
Duncan

Its just an icon, the 4g icon isn't present in aosp/cm9
You still have your 4g network.

jayRokk

Jan 12, 2012
Rack City
Whoever said intagram works, I still get the black out pic upload

Works perfectly for me... tried both tablet mode and regular and I've had no issues... I've uploaded a lot of pictures already too

Only issue I've had is camera being glitchy but that's part of the rom

peoples_flip

Apr 24, 2011
Toronto
Thank you OP for this ROM. Smoothest ROM for the i717 thus far. Yes the camera has some glitches but it still takes pictures nonetheless. Currently running this ROM using a DPI of 280 and all my apps have been restored via TB. Loving CM9!

Iphony89

Apr 25, 2012
Works perfectly for me... tried both tablet mode and regular and I've had no issues... I've uploaded a lot of pictures already too

Interesting, still doesn't work for me

dman3285

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
Rome, Ga.
This from from galaxy s2?
If you go to setting and advance it says galaxy s2.
It's not big deal.. this rom working very good.

Thanks.

Of course it would be from the gs2. Since cm does not officially support this device yet, there is nosource to build it specifically for the i717. So, it has to be ported for now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using xda premium

Reactions: assaace

Ship It City

Aug 11, 2011
San Diego / Las Vegas

ive flashed this rom 2x and still no instagram cant upload any pics just freezes phone what magical thing did you do to get it to work ??

also which keyboard is it that has the numbers on top that the other ICS roms have ?

Reactions: VoluntaryMan

ryanbmw51

Jun 9, 2011
Winter Park, FL
No response on the question about inverted apps? Just curious...I like that stuff...its good ****

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    h0tsauce "9"
    Latest release: 9.20120817
    CyanogenMod 9 + custom kernel + extras + latest fixes

This is a Kang of latest CyanogenMod 9 repo, 100% built from source, with patches applied, and a custom kernel. Patches I include are typically un-merged submissions or features that have been rejected from CM, AOSP and Codeaurora.

The builds I post are my "daily driver". I only post updates when source code changes are beneficial to our platform, add functionality, or fix usability bugs.

Sources

h0tw1r3 Github
    Cyanogenmod Github

Changes

Refer to TXT files of related build

Installation

I personally recommend using Team Win Recovery Project instead of Clockwork Recovery Mod for installing ROM's. It integrates very well with Goo Manager.

1. Download latest release from goo.im or use Goo Manager.
    2. Reboot into recovery (TWRP preferred.)
    3. Format Cache & Clear Dalvik.
    4. Flash zip downloaded in step #1. If you're NOT coming from a CM9 based rom or upgrading, you must "Factory Reset" (format data and cache partitions 3x).
    6. Install Google Apps downloaded in step #1.
    7. Format Cache & Wipe Dalvik, yes... again.
    8. Reboot

If things seem to be weird, repeat the steps again.

Problems / Support

I do not provide support through this forum, only release announcements. I am happy to investigate issues but they must be submitted to the github project.
    If you are using this, building this, or whatever, please try to help out and contribute back to the project if you fix something. I've put a LOT of work into getting this going, and so have the other guys on the 8660 team. It's not even merged to CM mainline yet, and we are keeping the repositories open for now. There are still issues but I expect to have most things resolved in the next week or so.

The build in the OP is not indicative of the current state of development, a ton of work is not even committed yet.
    Just an FYI for everyone reporting issues and asking for solutions.
    This is a great big step for our device, but keep in mind this is based off of code for another device with binaries and drivers etc for our device compiled in.
    It is also the very first release, and a damned good one at that.
    You should have seen some official releases of CM7 for other devices in their early stages, much less polished than this.
    So before you start pulling your hair out about why this is flakey or why that isn't working properly and asking for fixes and solutions, remember this little guy is less than a day old and unofficial.
    Understand that this is going to have quirks and bugs and probably not any fixes for most issues today.
    Much respect to h0tw1r3 for sharing this and we all look forward to more good stuff.

thanks and enjoy the ride!
    Uploading release 8 to goo.im now (65%....) Current CM9 ICS branch, UCLF5 (latest leak) kernel & proprietary binaries, and a ton of patches from AOSP, CM9 and CAF. Will update the OP later with patch notes, time for bed.
    Uhhhh, okay... I'll bite: Why is it discontinued? GPL issues?

Recent posts from a senior moderator have prompted me to take a serious look at my responsibility and liability for publicly distributing software based on the GPLv2.

Therefore I have placed discontinuation notices on my development threads and will no longer be providing software releases (binary blobs).

This does not mean I am leaving the development community. I will continue to support other developers on XDA, stay active with my kernel fork on github, and spend more time on collaborating with the cyanogenmod development team.