Which ROM are you running? Like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ross8425

Nov 15, 2010
nc
I bounce between slim and liquid. Love both of them. When MIUI is finished ill be on that...maybe. Slim is super fast.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

guywmustang

Dec 28, 2010
I'm running liquid smooth with ktoonsez kernel. I'm getting an idle burn rate of about 1%/hr (without touching the phone). I wonder if other combinations are better. I just got the phone a week ago and still haven't tried much. Went straight to AOSP from TW but would go back if the battery were better.... Anyone think that'd be the case?

JustSomeDude

Feb 14, 2011
Virginia
I have mostly been running CleanRom, always rock solid. But I've been running Eclipse build 4 for over a week now, I'm really enjoying it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

jcyoun33

Mar 28, 2012
Try out out miuiAndroid by Strumerjohn and Bleelas. They do some great work and great support. Miui has some great features too!

rich33389

Mar 12, 2011
Jelly beans build 6. Love aosp roms but have to many signal issues with them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium HD app

Turminator8

Mar 20, 2011
I'm rockin MIUI right now and it's pretty nice. It needs some more features though and I still have some bugs with it. I'm looking for a perfect ROM too at the moment. I guess I gotta try a few more.

Real_JESRadio

Dec 13, 2012
Davenport
johnnyenglishshow.com
Hey guys.

Currently, I am running CM10 on my verizon SIII and so far a love it! No complaints for me.

I am getting bored of it though, like anyone else would get who loves their phone, and am looking to change to something else!

Please let me know which ROM you are running, and the Pros and Cons of the ROM!

I am very interested to know, THANKS!!!

I have tried Eclipse 2.1 Build 4, Beans Builds 5 & 6, CleanROM 5.5.1, and Galaxy Mod Build 10.

Eclipse by far was the fastest. But you lose the TW features. Ran stable and never had the issues I saw on the thread.

CleanRom was great, smooth, but I missed some of the features and controls of Beans Roms.

Beans ROMs were overall the best of both worlds. Fast, smooth and even though it's themed AOSP you keep the TW features (if you like that). I had an issue with build 6 but resolved it (operator error). Build 6 has a known email issue (theme only- can't see what your typing when setting up email, but the emails can be seen fine) but other than that, I never had any problems.

GalaxyMod was a good looking ROM, and smooth, but I experienced a whole host of issues. I think most were due to some apps that re-installed automatically, and caused a conflict, but I have seen others using it with little to no problems. I'm not a fan of the theme though. The red is a little much IMHO

I think some of my issues came from using Nova and Apex launchers. Once I loaded Bean's Build 6 with the 4x5 TW launcher it was great! Although others have had no issues with Nova, I did. I also chose IMO's Leankernel and had none of the issues other's were having.

AegonTheDragon

Dec 1, 2012
Running AOKP 4.2.1 preview build, working great and the camera even works now.

tayswg20

Apr 24, 2012
Running galaxy mod build 10 with the V6 script enabled as well as kick ass kernalizer. I love to flash but i just keep coming back to Gmod. Nothing comes close to the battery life I get on this ROM, and it's pretty damn smooth. YMMV, but so far out of all the great ROMS, i keep flashing back to this one the most.

roflonmywaffle

Jul 11, 2012
Atlanta
I'm currently running ParanoidAndroid 2.99, and so far it has been the most stable and smooth ROM for me. I especially love the "phablet" layout. It makes the settings, gmail, and YouTube look really amazing.

pcar1947

Jul 3, 2010
Atlanta
Runnin JB 6 with imo kernel 1.1.
Contemplating unroot to get ota then re-root. (Don't know why ....curious I guess)

Quacker

Oct 23, 2010
I was running AOKP, but went back to CleanROM 5.5.1 once JB was officially released. I will likely switch over to Synergy once they base their ROM on the official K3 leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone want to share their success story with an AOSP rom with good battery life ?:good:

For me, it would be CM10.1 and KT kernel. Great performance and battery life.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Verizon Galaxy SIII - LiquidSmooth 2.4
    I've only had the d2vzw for a few weeks, but I've been flashing between the current cm10.1 nightly with Trebuchet (old habit from my use of the Fascinate), and what appears to be a new TouchWiz offering called BoneStock. With the latter I'm running Holo launcher HD.

Holo is impressive as a launcher and can be used on aosp ROMs too, so I may start using it all the time... One can backup settings and shortcuts between both ROM types. I do wish there was more file system compatibility between the two ROM types wrt internal and external sdcard mount points :)

I was very impressed with CleanRom, but BoneStock has a few mods that I really like and seems to show a kindred minimalism :). I tried synergy, but I'm not convinced about the multiwindow capability yet...

Haven't had time to settle on an alternate kernel for tw ROMs, and I generally just stick with the native cm10.1 kernel when running that. Lean kernel by imoseon seems very solid for both AOSP and TouchWiz versions (I don't really tweak much, mainly looking for reliability and battery life).

Overall, I'm spending more time with cm10.1, primarily because of the native WiFi hotspot function. WiFi tether doesn't seem to operate as smoothly on the tw ROMs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium
    ive noticed that on cleanrom 5.0 and jellybeans build6, gps is abysmal, but the rest is pretty great.

im on synergy now and gps lock is fixed, still checking out the rest of the features
    The People's Rom from Kennyglass123 and rompnit was successfully ported from sprint and everything is working. Fully working mms, multiwindow, it's already themed and Morphology or circuitry theme work for it. Very smooth very stable :thumbup::thumbup:

I've tried a LOT of roms in the last 2 weeks, and just recently flashed synergyrom r326 - it is the smoothest rom I have used so far and the battery is amazing. Beans rom is really tempting! For any guys who have used both beans 10 and synergy r326, can anyone give me a comparison?

Honestly I've run both and have gotten 17+ hours of battery and 3+ hours of screen time on both after allowing them to settle. If you want an AOSP look go with Beans and if you want a more pure touchwiz look go with Synergy.
    Synergy also utilizes the multi window feature and beans removed it from his build. It never bothered me, but some users claimed that it was slowing their device down. Honestly, nandroid and flash away to see which one you prefer.