How to Unlock Your Bootloader [Atrix HD/RAZR HD/RAZR M ONLY!] by Djrbliss

Search This thread

pianoman102

Apr 16, 2011
Nashville
So i'm hung up on windows with the run.bat. It hangs up at the daemon started successfully. It doesn't do a thing. I'm rooted and its on debugging mode and i've ran it as an admin. What am i doing wrong?

Reactions: saumilm

deeje00

Jan 8, 2011
Do you have the correct drivers installed? Did you extract the files first?

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

saumilm

Mar 7, 2011
Subsidy Locked

I have rooted & unlocked the BL.

Now,

I am getting "Subsidy Locked: Please contact your service provider"

Can someone please guide me on what to do next??

saumilm

Mar 7, 2011
That's sim unlocking code. You need to buy it.

Thank you very much Dan Rosenberg.

I already have bought it... and since i entered the code 10 times...it got Carrier Subsidy Lock...

I thought Rooting & Unlocking will remove the restriction but it did not do anything...

So now even though phone is successfully unlocked... SIM lock is still there!!!

:(:(

What should I do now?

Thanks for help!

Last edited:

saumilm

Mar 7, 2011
You could try flashing other region radio to your at&t atrix hd. Preferably, you can try radio from mexico or canada full flash.

Can you please provide me some more information on where to get the files & steps to do it??

Thanks a ton!!

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

You could try flashing other region radio to your at&t atrix hd. Preferably, you can try radio from mexico or canada full flash.

Hi,

I have found following link

http://sbf.droid-developers.org/dinara/list.php

I can see 2 firmwares of Canada & 1 of mexico..so I think I can use any of these right?

But the link does not have steps on how to do it...Please help me on that!

fyi, I am currently on 4.1.1 ... do I need to take care of anything else??

Thanks a ton again :)

skeevydude

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
I already have bought it... and since i entered the code 10 times...it got Carrier Subsidy Lock...

I thought Rooting & Unlocking will remove the restriction but it did not do anything...

What should I do now?

Thanks for help!

Oooo...this could be bad. If you enter the incorrect unlock code too many times you won't ever be able to unlock your phone. Its usually somewhere between 5-10 incorrect tries. If a code fails and you've ruled out typos, get your money back and go with a different unlock provider.

Only flash (with RSD) the fastboot that your phone came with. Flashing say MR via RSD on an unlocked bootloader from AT&T can cause problems. Once unlocked you need to learn the fastboot commands and you need to flash everything with fastboot. Its also a lot safer only flashing what you need to flash versus flashing everything that can be flashed. This paragraph is double true if you ever see a new fastboot for us since it'll probably lock our bootloaders if we use it. IMHO, the Motorola fxz's, sbf's, and tools are inherently evil and will f you over if they can -- they have before and they will again -- once unlocked, use the Android tools and do it the Android way (fastboot flash xxx yyy). Anyone with Moto modding experience will agree with that.

BFRAPV42

Apr 22, 2013
Spokane
^^^True I work for At&t and if its a subsidy unlock code it makes your phone ALMOST useless. You can contact att and ask for it (it will take a few days to do it) and there's certain criteria to me, or you can do it online through your att account. PM me if you have unlock ?'s saumilm

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

deeje00

Jan 8, 2011
This is to unlock bootloaders man not the network settings. As for receiving ota's no you won't get official ones. But you'll be able to flash it after it comes out if wanted. If you want to remain stock though there's no purpose in unlocking the bootloader.

Sent from my PACMAN MATRIX HD MAXX

Reactions: saumilm and dalbig

NYSEAN1

Oct 9, 2010

What should I do now?

Thanks for help!
Try flashing back to stock via RSDlite....it should remove that issue then use the correct sim unlock code...it will work as far as I know.

deeje00

Jan 8, 2011
Generally you can't undo the subsidy lock. Also why try the same code 10 times? If It didn't work the first time double check the way you entered it and try again. Still nothing? Get a refund and go somewhere else.

saumilm

Mar 7, 2011
Hi

I flashed Mexico rom & now am able to see the carrier name but its not connecting to network... can you pls help me on this

TecknoFreak

Inactive Recognized Contributor
FAQ's

How to I Get Rid of the ANNOYING "Bootloader Unlocked Warning" Boot screen?
-Once you have unlocked you bootloader and are afraid of the annoying "Bootloader Unlocked" warning which comes everytime you reboot.

here is a solution by @tucstwo which replaces it with the moto logo.
Just make sure you've got your drivers installed, USB debugging is enabled and that you have UNZIPPED this package BEFORE you run it.

Download Link Below

http://d-h.st/JSx

Unzip
Plug in Phone
Hit "Run"

Did anyone have been successful doing this?
I have tried and no luck so far

bdgarel

Mar 23, 2013
dayton/cincinnati
FAQ's

Do I need to ditch safestrap?
-No. You can leave Safestrap where it is for now.

Can I flash a normal recovery?
-Yes, at the moment there are existing CWM and TWRP (new and recommended recoveries that Hascode made. Stock recovery is inside the FXZ files and it can be flashed alone.

Can I Flash Anything I can do now?
-Yes, but things need to be developed at this point, this is NEW territory for Motorola

Can I now flash different kernels or radios?
-Yes, you can flash ANYTHING you want

Is my phone basically the same as the Dev edition now?
-Yes, from what we can gather, anything that boots on the dev edition will also work on your unlocked device

-Once you have unlocked you bootloader and are afraid of the annoying "Bootloader Unlocked" warning which comes everytime you reboot.

Just make sure you've got your drivers installed, USB debugging is enabled and that you have UNZIPPED this package BEFORE you run it.

Download Link Below

Unzip
Plug in Phone
Hit "Run"

id love to be able to make this (rid of warning) work for mac's myself but have no idea how any chance sombody else does

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Reference : http://vulnfactory.org/blog/2013/04/08/motorola-bootloader-unlocking/
    unlockedbootloader_320.png

Instructions

The tool may be downloaded here. It may be used as follows:

1. Extract the entire contents of the zip file.
    2. If you are using Windows, ensure you have installed the latest Motorola USB drivers available for your phone.
    3. Ensure your device has been rooted and you have a working installation of “su”.
    4. Ensure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your device.
    5. If you are using Windows, navigate to the extracted directory and execute “run.bat”. If you are using Linux or OS X, navigate to the extracted directory in a terminal and execute “./run.sh”.

Download >>http://vulnfactory.org/public/motopocalypse.zip

@Djrbliss Wins the bounty of $835

Donate to Dan [LINK] to say thanks

Details on how DJrbliss did this : http://blog.azimuthsecurity.com/2013/04/unlocking-motorola-bootloader.html
    FAQ's

Do I need to ditch safestrap?
    -No. You can leave Safestrap where it is for now.

Can I flash a normal recovery?
    -Yes, at the moment there are existing CWM and TWRP (new and recommended recoveries that Hascode made. Stock recovery is inside the FXZ files and it can be flashed alone.

Can I Flash Anything I can do now?
    -Yes, but things need to be developed at this point, this is NEW territory for Motorola

Can I now flash different kernels or radios?
    -Yes, you can flash ANYTHING you want

Is my phone basically the same as the Dev edition now?
    -Yes, from what we can gather, anything that boots on the dev edition will also work on your unlocked device

Download Link Below

Unzip
    Plug in Phone
    Hit "Run"
    any one got a link to TWRP?

http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/vanquish/twrp-2.4.4.0-recovery-vanquish.img

Here's the RAZR HD thread with instructions Pretty much the same as the CWM ones I posted, only you have to make a backup first thing when it boots into TWRP after its install.

I've read that Hashcode is going to write a TWRP just for us so I'm going to wait until then.
    This is to unlock bootloaders man not the network settings. As for receiving ota's no you won't get official ones. But you'll be able to flash it after it comes out if wanted. If you want to remain stock though there's no purpose in unlocking the bootloader.

Yeah I got the drivers installed im gonna reinstall and see if that works
    *I reinstalled the drivers and the only driver not installing is Motorola Networking Interface
    If this dont work ill return to stock and reroot my razr m
    Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

i think that's the coz if u are on custom rom return to stock enable usb debugging usb drivers on pc and then try again it should work