Fastest XT720 Overclock

Search This thread

tjcooper17

Feb 7, 2010
Hi guys,
Just out of interest, what's the fastest overclock you guys have done with the XT720?
Thanks

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using XDA App

tjcooper17

Feb 7, 2010
1GHZ seems fairly stable. I'm trying 1.2ghz but its not quite as stable. I have got 1.27ghz but after a few minutes it crashed

jakelights

Jul 29, 2010
I'm running 1ghz. Anyone experience overheating?

Sent from my XT720 using XDA App

ranggie4

Jul 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I went to the site, got the code using my bar code scanner, the file was downloaded, but I can't start it up. Tried looking for where to place the file but did not find. Got any info bro? Really appreciate the help.

p.s. I've not loaded an other kernel apart from the one that the phone came with.

Last edited:

jtond

Feb 20, 2008
1 root ur phone
2 install milestoneoverclock 1.2 (simple google search)
3 get setcpu (optional)

i set my xt720 at 1ghz its very stable

Thank you very much!
Overclocked very easily.
I'm using overclockwidget to define speeds. It's free and seems to work perfectly.
Now I'm at 800mhz and I've reactivated all animations :)

solnyshok

Jul 10, 2006
I tested custom Vsel (voltage) values with milestone overclock, and am glad to find that 1GHz is stable with 56 vsel. same as default for 550MHz. now, seems that my battery life improved significantly over previous setting 800mhz with 66vsel.

rhythmjhan

Jul 2, 2009
I tested custom Vsel (voltage) values with milestone overclock, and am glad to find that 1GHz is stable with 56 vsel. same as default for 550MHz. now, seems that my battery life improved significantly over previous setting 800mhz with 66vsel.

how do I custom the vsel? :D

btw, at what Fahrenheit or Celsius is considered over-limit?

solnyshok

Jul 10, 2006
press options (sensor button), settings, enter rate (e.g. 900MHz will be 900000) and max voltage(vsel, 56 seems stock value for 550MHz, but I have been running stable 800MHz@43, 900MHz@51, 1GHz@56)

Then, save values, pull slider all way to the right, then click apply.
If you put too low value, phone will be unstable and reboot. I went from highest to low. i.e. started at 900MHz@56 and then decreased vsel by 1 or 2, until phone became unstable. Then I went back up +1 and it has been running fast and energy efficient since then.

Reactions: cdrom1028

solnyshok

Jul 10, 2006
I do not know about highest possible temperature. At Vsel=56 phone does NOT get hot at all, this is stock voltage after all.

spiderx_mm

I do not know about highest possible temperature. At Vsel=56 phone does NOT get hot at all, this is stock voltage after all.

I hope no one dare not to go for the highest possible temp. coz if u go over it, your processor will explode. :D

One thing i noticed is that, when the heat goes to 42C ... the frame of the battery icon on the status bar become Red color. then, you should know you've got to cool her down.

spiderx_mm

shoot!

I'm busted. i tried to set 1000000 @ 56 and forgot to un-check auto-load on start-up.

somehow, the setting is not working for my phone, and everytime it boots up. it's frozen ...

can anyone help me urgently?

------ update -------

I just found the solution myself. :D

take out the MicroSD card and put it into to the card-reader.

browse /android/data/pt.com.darksun.milestoneoverclock/files

you'll find a file name "autoload" (i thought it's a config file and tried to open it. but it's 0 Byte and there's nothing inside the file)

so i simply delete the file, put the SD card back into the phone and boot it up.

Wow!!! ... it's neat, the O/C is not loading.

then I go to the Options and put the vsel to 58. tested and working now.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    press options (sensor button), settings, enter rate (e.g. 900MHz will be 900000) and max voltage(vsel, 56 seems stock value for 550MHz, but I have been running stable 800MHz@43, 900MHz@51, 1GHz@56)

Then, save values, pull slider all way to the right, then click apply.
    If you put too low value, phone will be unstable and reboot. I went from highest to low. i.e. started at 900MHz@56 and then decreased vsel by 1 or 2, until phone became unstable. Then I went back up +1 and it has been running fast and energy efficient since then.
    that might be the SD card issue. replace the stock 8GB card with a better card. (at least, Sandisk Class 6 MicroSC)
    how do you think - which microSDHC card will be better for my XT720:
    1) Kingston 8GB Class 4 (write: 15 MB/s, read: 25 MB/s)
    2) Transcend 8GB Class 6 (write: 12,0 MB/s, read: 17,2 MB/s)
    3) Silicon Power 8GB Class 6 (write: 6~11 MB/s, read: 17~23 MB/s)
    4) King Memory 8GB Class 4 (write: 21 MB/s, read: 18 MB/s)
    ?

The values of write and read speed were taken from the internet auctions and I'm not sure if they're true.
    Where can I get universal root and setcpu from without going to the market? I have an XT711 and they dont come with google services and I havent figured out how to get the market installed yet.

Universal Androot: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=747598
    SetCPU: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=505419
    Hi,

How to change vsel because I did it on parameter, I put vsel to 56 to run at 750@56 but when I press ok vsel doesn't change.

Can someone explain what is the problem ?

Thank you

PS : I use Milestone Overclock version 1.4.7

After you set your custom parameters, move the slider all the way to the right.
    My phone never hits higher than 676 on quadrant no matter how fast i overclock it :/ i use milestone over clock. How are you guys hitting scores so high?