What's does super wipe G2 do?

Search This thread

Fallen Spartan

Moderator Emeritus- Irish Pride, Spartan Legacy
I've recently downloaded it and was wondering what it does?
Sorry for the noob question

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

Basically it does the following:

1) Call erase_image on CACHE, SYSTEM, USERDATA, and BOOT partitions
2) Mount /sd-ext (if it exists) and delete all files from it
3) Delete all files in the /sdcard/.android_secure directory which is where all the froyo apps2sd files live
4) Run e2fsck (file system repair) on the your ext partition
5) Log all output to the /tmp/wipe.log file (if you care)

You will need to power off and reboot back into recovery after running this to install a new rom....as you won't have one on device ;)

If you forget and try to boot normally you will get stuck at splash screen, then you will have to pull battery to power off.

Reactions: pklunavat

evilcuber

Aug 3, 2010
Toronto
also i just want to double check because it dosent say on the post, this will work for htc desire z right?

RushAOZ

Mar 9, 2008
I wish i came to this ****ing thread first BECAUSE I JUST LOST EVERYTHING ON MY ****ING SD CARD.
FML

Edit: Nevermind. This build of CM9 just took ages to load up my sd card. WHAT A RELIEF.

shortlived

Apr 4, 2009
I wish i came to this ****ing thread first BECAUSE I JUST LOST EVERYTHING ON MY ****ING SD CARD.
FML

Edit: Nevermind. This build of CM9 just took ages to load up my sd card. WHAT A RELIEF.

Lol! Hey you should maybe backup your sdcard to your computer so you don't have to freakout everytime you flash a rom.

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using Tapatalk

RushAOZ

Mar 9, 2008
I normally do. I have an ext hdd that **** the bed on me a few days ago. Lost over 160 gb of ****. I just haven't gotten around to it lol let's hope I don't jynx myself and my main hdd doesn't break too :-/

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've recently downloaded it and was wondering what it does?
    Sorry for the noob question

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

Basically it does the following:

1) Call erase_image on CACHE, SYSTEM, USERDATA, and BOOT partitions
    2) Mount /sd-ext (if it exists) and delete all files from it
    3) Delete all files in the /sdcard/.android_secure directory which is where all the froyo apps2sd files live
    4) Run e2fsck (file system repair) on the your ext partition
    5) Log all output to the /tmp/wipe.log file (if you care)

You will need to power off and reboot back into recovery after running this to install a new rom....as you won't have one on device ;)

If you forget and try to boot normally you will get stuck at splash screen, then you will have to pull battery to power off.
    Uh...in the the superwipe thread it tells u lol

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App
    sorry about this but i cant find the link to the superwipe thread. can someone give me a link to it?

Here you go
    [TOOLS] SuperWipeG2(+) and Guhl's EFS GPS fix