[Q] Need clarifications regarding RMA

Search This thread

aswinrulez

Jul 30, 2009
Chennai
Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus
I have a nexus 5 32gb black.I was running on latest omni rom and elementalx kernel.Yesterday night i saw an update for faux kernel and so i downloaded it.Before flashing i made a nandroid backup(system,data,boot and efs) ,wiped cache and dalvik cache,flashed the kernel,restarted my phone and I went to sleep. I didnt actually see if it turned on at that time. Now in the morning when i tried to use the phone it was off and when i tried to turn it on its not turning on. I tried charging but the LED light is not glowing. I also tried to restart by holding power button and both the volume buttons for 20seconds. Still no use

Here is more information on my problem
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51379115&postcount=3644
and
post 4379 ownwards from
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2496506&page=438

So i contacted google and they said if it doesnt turn on they will replace it for free.But since i am now in India they said i would have to get it to states and i have 11 months since i bought the phone to do it. So i will be sending it this weekend. My doubt is how does RMA process work. This is what i understood
1.You contact google RMA team and they send u a link to buy new phone
2.You buy a new phone and they will take back the old phone.
3.Once they verified the phone comes under warranty they will release the money they held in ur card to buy the new phone

Now here are my doubts:
1.What does 'comes under warranty' include.My phone looks brand new. No damage outside.Its only a month old
2.If they manage to turn it on then will they take the money for the phone they send me. Will i end up buying a new phone? or would they just send the old phone back?
3.Will the shipping of old phone be handled by them?
4.Should i ship the old phone first to get the new phone?
5.How much time does it take for the whole process?
6.Am i allowed only to buy the same model or can i order the red one?
7.Can the original buyer only apply for RMA or anyone with the full box set can?
8.Is the bill required?I only have the box and all the accessories
9.Anything else i should be knowing before doing it?

Thanks in advance :)

varuntis1993

Apr 7, 2013
New Delhi
Connect your phone to the pc and see what error it shows.
As per the RMA process I bought my device from Indian play store and know about their process but its differenent from that of the states.
I have a general Idea about how it works in the US but it will be better if someone from there only could explain you further.
Anyways if your phone is not gettimg on they would also not be able to detect what happened with it.

aswinrulez

Jul 30, 2009
Chennai
Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus
Connect your phone to the pc and see what error it shows.
As per the RMA process I bought my device from Indian play store and know about their process but its differenent from that of the states.
I have a general Idea about how it works in the US but it will be better if someone from there only could explain you further.
Anyways if your phone is not gettimg on they would also not be able to detect what happened with it.

I tried conntecting it to PC but there is no change.Its not even getting detecting in any of the laptops. Ill try using wug's toolkit today.Day after im sending it to US

varuntis1993

Apr 7, 2013
New Delhi
I tried conntecting it to PC but there is no change.Its not even getting detecting in any of the laptops. Ill try using wug's toolkit today.Day after im sending it to US

Connect it to the pc, keep pressing the power button and then go to the device manager on the pc and see what it shows.
Do you get a notification sound on pc when u connect phone to PC.
looks like a hard brick in ur case but this thing will confirm it.

Last edited:

aswinrulez

Jul 30, 2009
Chennai
Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus
Connect it to the pc, keep pressing the power button and then go to the device manager on the pc and see what it shows.
Do you get a notification sound on pc when u connect phone to PC.
looks like a hard brick in ur case but this thing will confirm it.

I already tried it.Holding power button..holding vol- and power button, vol+ and power button vol+and vol- with power button with phone connected to PC..without connected..still no change and pc never made any sound