[IDEA] Extending DOT VIEW Notifications For Other Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

djmatt604

Aug 1, 2012
Vancity
This is beyond awesome.

Mohammed, have you got a thread open for this in the development section yet?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

MohammadAG

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
This is beyond awesome.

Nope, I'm not sure how well that goes with XDA's "Don’t post with the intention of selling something." rule. It wouldn't be the intention of selling, but how would that translate across to a moderator?

djmatt604

Aug 1, 2012
Vancity
Nope, I'm not sure how well that goes with XDA's "Don’t post with the intention of selling something." rule. It wouldn't be the intention of selling, but how would that translate across to a moderator?

Ah, that's a really good point. No harm in asking a mod via PM though....

TickleMeHomo69

Dec 2, 2012
Anyway to expand notifications because sometimes they are expanded some times their not.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

shorty1483

Anyway to expand notifications because sometimes they are expanded some times their not.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

For me they are on first light up always expanded, except there are more notifications.

BTW: @MohammadAG The new version with auto open Message Activity on tap is awesome! That's exactly how HTC should have been made it.

shorty1483

BTW, Viper Mod for Dot View also contains also a free and a Pro version. Dunno what user gets with the free Version of your app (buyed Pro before downloading the app :D), but as long as standard apps (Standard HTC + Hangouts, GMail) are working it shouldn't be a problem.

Two things I recognized and don't know if it's meant like that:

- I do not see Batt % near the date, I have to tap on the date and it switches to % (I use 24 hour format)?
- On first screen on when message is scrolling, the app icon is kinda displaced to the right side

Further suggestions to keep you up on working :p:

- Make the DotView layout compatible with custom DPIs (perhaps the most used ones 360dpi, 400dpi)
- Use of Nova/Apex custom icon packs (e.g. a white pack for a cleaner look)
- Option to choose Date Format (DD/MM, DD.MM.)
- "%" after battery percantage value

Last edited:

Stephen

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee Ban Time!
Staff member
This is beyond awesome.

Ah, that's a really good point. No harm in asking a mod via PM though....

XDA rules state if you offer something on XDA that is paid, there must be a free version available as well. It must have similar functionality to the paid version. To that end I'd suggest one of two things. Either open a thread in the themes and apps section that would offer a free version with a donate option etc. The free version could offer similar functionality as the paid version. If there is no free version available, this thread would have to be closed.

Many thanks,

Ghost

Last edited:
Reactions: coal686

MohammadAG

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
XDA rules state if you offer something on XDA that is paid, there must be a free version available as well. It must have similar functionality to the paid version. To that end I'd suggest one of two things. Either open a thread in the themes and apps section that would offer a free version with a donate option etc. The free version could offer similar functionality as the paid version. If there is no free version available, this thread would have to be closed.

Many thanks,

Ghost

A free version right now would alienate/piss off the users who purchased it, so no plans for that now.

I'd say keep the thread open since it's not mine. However, I won't discuss my module here anymore.

p50kombi

Dec 20, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Ok, so where can the users who have paid for the module discuss it then?

Sent from a tin of baked beans using some chewing gum, tinfoil, a piece of string and a manual written by MacGyver

GelullaBarr

Jan 28, 2010
Ploiesti
A free version right now would alienate/piss off the users who purchased it, so no plans for that now.

I'd say keep the thread open since it's not mine. However, I won't discuss my module here anymore.

you can offer free version but with limited functionality, just battery percentage and the option to open only one page with only the option to add contacts, no app, no music, no game, no other kull stuff..I don't mind even I paid, because I have more pages and the option to use music and the option to play snake and more pages to add contacts..I think you should try that, it will be better for you, more advertising, more confidence in your app because they will test iti for free.

shorty1483

you can offer free version but with limited functionality, just battery percentage and the option to open only one page with only the option to add contacts, no app, no music, no game, no other kull stuff..I don't mind even I paid, because I have more pages and the option to use music and the option to play snake and more pages to add contacts..I think you should try that, it will be better for you, more advertising, more confidence in your app because they will test iti for free.

+1

Also don't care as Full User if a free version would be released. It would be much sad not to have a proper discussion platform for talk, bug reports and feature requests / news here.

jm700wx

Sep 22, 2008
Rhode Island
As a paid user I'm perfectly fine with the free version having the same features. I'm happy to spend the $2 to support the development.

TyanColte

May 6, 2008
Almo
I just saw this tonight and instantly bought it, this was exactly what i was looking for when i searched google for "HTC Dot View More Apps" so that was an insta-buy for me off the bat. 2 Things tho, @MohammadAG found a small bug, when i play snake and then pause it, the second tap on the HTC logo wouldn't close it, i opened the case to make it go away and when i did that and closed it again whenever i double tap the screen i see the time and date but snake is still playing coz i can feel the snake dying (vibration). Also add me to the list of it working (Despite the bug). I'm running a AT&T M8 with a full RUU GPE conversion, S-Off and the whole 9 yards. Thanks for an amazing mod.

Error Log

Last edited:

Stephen

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee Ban Time!
Staff member
Moderator information

After some discussion with the moderating team we have decided to close this thread.

The only app that was provided did not fall under XDA rules. As no further development for dot view case is occurring in this thread we have now closed it.

Many thanks,

Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My upcoming Xposed module will include notifications for all apps:

qYzmISPl.jpg

(Text at the bottom auto scrolls to show all text)

And a dialer... http://i.imgur.com/0pzY76H.jpg
    And music metadata/controls.

And a game of Snake, cause why not, https://twitter.com/MohammadAG/status/467642113266421760
    The module's out (and somehow it's not in beta!):

Mod edit link removed

I've changed the menu items to a list rather than a grid, the holes are too small for a grid to work.
    Notification scroll when you first see them, then all icons are scrolled akin to how weather and temperature keep changing.

If a notification has a number, it'll show next to the notification vertically.
    Incoming calls won't appear if notifications are present.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk 2

Thanks, fixed in 1.0.3 :)
    I bought the unlock key and it is really cool, I love this mode, 2 euro is nothing, it worth it. I don't know how to play snake, how to control it and I don't know how to dial a number, I don't see any button to press after I write the number, but the other stuff realy works great

"Usage:
    **Dialer:
    Swipe up to call the number, swipe down to close the dialer. If no numbers are input, a swipe up redials the last person called.
    Swipe from right to left to delete a number, tap and hold the numbers at the top to delete all.
    A future update may add speed dial from the stock dialer.
    **Snake:
    The bottom region of the screen is divided into four quadrants, up/down/left/right. A future update will enable gesture controls if that's your thing.
    Tap the HTC logo on your cover to pause the game, tap it again to save progress and quit the game.
    **Shortcuts:
    Swipe left and right to change between shortcut pages."

Gesendet von meinem SM-T325 mit Tapatalk 2
    OTA for this module? I will donate if you let me beta :)

It's likely going to be a paid module since it's over 5k lines and it's taking me a lot of time. So I have no idea how to do a beta with that in mind.

A really cool idea would be able to display the battery percentage in simple text eg 100% that would be very useful!

That's what's next to AM/PM in my screenshot. A percentage doesn't fit, maybe I could make it smaller and it shows fine.

Or when you plug a charger it gives a charging animation.

Hmm, looking into it.