(ROM)(08-05-15)(UNOFFICIAL)(4.4.4)CyanogenMod 11.0(GPL)(HYBRID)

Search This thread

Light1984

Apr 3, 2011
Chuck,

I am s-off and have the latest radios. I get the com.android.phone loop crashes on a clean install with no gapps installed. I think maybe my phone just doesn't like kit kat. Pretty much ready to get a new phone at this point, love my rez, but I'm pulling my hair out with this one.

Reactions: Chucktr

Chucktr

Oct 4, 2012
Glendale, AZ
www.trcompu.com
TRY to wait till March..

Chuck,

I am s-off and have the latest radios. I get the com.android.phone loop crashes on a clean install with no gapps installed. I think maybe my phone just doesn't like kit kat. Pretty much ready to get a new phone at this point, love my rez, but I'm pulling my hair out with this one.

To all my fellow Rezers. IF'n you are thinking of replacing your phone... you might want to wait till March. HTC is releasing an M9. It is supposed to be super. In fact it is supposed to be a replacement for the M8 Prime that they were gona release. Don't know how you all follow the phones -but- search the Web for HTC M9.

We are working on the 3.4 kernel and Lolipop. Got the 3.4 kernel to boot up to the White HTC screen and loop... but that is it. This was in conjunction with our current CM11. The other team members are trying to get CM12 and I am trying to just get the 3.4 kernel to work with CM11.

I/we have NOT left you ..... Just trying to make the next release worth while.

Thanks,
-Chuck

P.S. To the original Poster --- Please try this:
Goto Installation_ref
That is directly to the Install section on my CM11 Web Page. Follow all the directions -and- for the gapps I "alway" use the Banks 7-2 mimimal gapps... which can be found in our download section. I then install the apps that I need or just want. These can be found on my Web Page at:
Favapps_ref
Have been using that combination of stuff forever. The Next 3D makes it seem like a new phone. IF you like the big clock that is obtained thru the HD Widgets. The rest of the stuff is ... well it is just stuff.. :p

javad_lotfi

Oct 9, 2014
please

When i use this rom or any custom rom for My REZ it cannot send sms.
I receive sms but can't send it.
please Help...
I try to set smsc in *#*#4636#*#* but it dosn't set and will empty character

majedali611

Mar 16, 2014
send SMS

When i use this rom or any custom rom for My REZ it cannot send sms.
I receive sms but can't send it.
please Help...
I try to set smsc in *#*#4636#*#* but it dosn't set and will empty character

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=56664779#post56664779

1. Open the file /system/build.prop with a root-enabled text editor, then:

- comment out the line " telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice = 1 " by inserting a "# " in front of it
(you could try setting it to 0 instead, but just commenting out works fine for me)
- find the line " ro.telephony.default_network = " and change its value to 0 instead of whatever it is now.

2. Save the file (you can open it again afterwards just to make sure the changes have indeed been saved) and reboot.
3. Go into Settings, Mobile Networks and re-do an automatic search for your provider, it should reconfigure the phone with the correct information.

Please try to understand that:
- This is an english forum, and it's difficult to help people when you don't understand perfectly what they mean. People are not ignoring you, but if they don't have any detailed information about the problems they can't help much.
- The developers are providing these ROMs free and working on their spare time, don't ask for update dates or just complain of things not being perfect for you without providing information to help.
- GSM is not the original market for this device, so problems with GSM may be harder and slower to troubleshoot and fix due to most people using this phone on Verizon or other CDMA networks, rather than on GSM.

Chucktr

Oct 4, 2012
Glendale, AZ
www.trcompu.com
Alllllrighty now... we have some news...

#1. I have been successful in getting a new repo sync on CM11. It compiled whilst I was at work ...4.68hrs on my 'old' machine. Did it on the old one for two reasons. One - My new PC is setup to work with/on CM12 which requires openJDK 7. CM11 requires Oracle JDK 7. Two different Java's ... two different machines. Old one takes longer, 8hrs, -but- that is only on a FULLY clean/wiped build. I just did a "make clean" and then the "repo sync" and then the "build". Still need to install and test it. IF it is ok I will put it up for you all to download.
And Two - I wanted to see IF there was a difference in operation and reliability on an openSuSE 12.3 build versus an openSuSE 13.2 build. As soon as my preliminary tests are done ... in other words it will install... I will put it up so we can ALL test it.:p

#2. The batteries... I started experiencing some problems with my phone. Looked like my latest CM11 was the culprit -but- it was not. The problem was my aging battery. Now y'all might find this interesting. I purchased the "larger" battery shortly after aquiring my ReZound phone. This was, and still is, my first and only "SmartPhone". Before purchasing I read up on the popular ones at the time. Seems that they all had the same complaint. Battery usage. So I decided to get the larger battery right off and hopefully avoid the battery problems. I also read that you can extend the "shelf Life" of a battery by placing it in the refridgerator. So I did. Now 3 years later my larger battery is failing. So I "thawed out" the other battery, the one that came with the phone, and placed it in my phone. Powered on the phone and the battery registered 93% Battery!!! I seem to remember it lasting longer than others were saying when I was using it. Then I heard that the shelf life of batteries was not good so I decided to put the new larger battery in the phone. Then I heard about the refridge trick and I put my "original" battery in the the Fridge. It will be part of my testing of the newest build.

#3. The other news was partially given above. I am working on CM12 for the ReZound and having successes and failures. Unfortunately, at the moment it is mostly failures. But there is hope... at least on my part. So stay tuned.

-Chuck
-Oh Darn!!- Been away from this to long!! I forgot the two "cherry-pics". Have another build going and because those two items were the only changes made ... it should be faster. However, the "wrong" build did load up. :silly:

Last edited:
Reactions: dr_grudge

Chucktr

Oct 4, 2012
Glendale, AZ
www.trcompu.com
(ROM)(02-25-2015)(4.4.4)CyanogenMod 11.0 -- IS UP!!

Ok my fellow ReZounders, the latest CM11 version is up. Testing has been minimal -but- it:

#1.) Will install
#2.) Bluetooth works on A2DP.
#3.) Bluetooth works for Voice Calling and Listening.
#4.) Can send text messages.
#5.) Hangouts work.
#6.) Internet browsing works
#7.) PlayStore works

.... and lots of other stuff. GSMr's please read the message at the top of the first page.

Battery users ... please read my message just before this one.

-Chuck

P.S. My battery held up today using the newest build -and- the battery was/is the Original Battery that came with the phone. Now then I use the "Battery Doctor App". I haven't set it up with this new build yet -but- it is installed and giving me all the statistics. It is an app that I have been using for quite some time now. Even with my other battery that has apparently given up the ghost. Went to work at 10:00am and just now got home and checked it at 5:18pm and I still have 60%. Course I didn't do anything with it cause of work -but- Bluetooth was enabled even though I did not have my Plantronics stuck in my ear, WiFi was enabled and so was the Mobile data. So, theoretically, it was looking for signals... constantly all day long.

Last edited:

Chucktr

Oct 4, 2012
Glendale, AZ
www.trcompu.com
Your chance to help in development...

I have two computers. One I got 7 years ago. It came with Windows XP Media Center and was a pretty powerful machine ... for the time. However, here in the Android World it was taking 8hrs or more to do a Full/Clean Build. So I got another machine. A new Intel i7 quad core with 8GB of RAM. The old one was/is a Pentium D two core machine with only 4GB max. On the "new" machine I can do a Full/Clean build in an hour. Main reason I got it.

However, it came with Windows 8.1 and some new forms of hardware. IF you are interested you can read about my trials and tribulations at:TR - i7-QuadCore.html
Now then, like most of you, I wanted the latest 'OS' on my 'new PC'. So I installed openSuSE 13.2 on the Linux side. I'm not so sure that it is creating as good an image as the 12.3 version. The "latest" is from my 12.3 machine -and- I have indicated so on the version on AFH, our downloads section. I am creating a new release on the "new" machine doing the same steps. A "make clean", a full "repo Sync" and then a build. In the future, or at least the near future, I will mark the builds with "which system" they were built on.

That is how you can help. IF you have a complaint please note which system was specified .... cause I am suspicious of the "new" one.

Thanks,
-Chuck

el Filou

Feb 15, 2008
The batteries... I started experiencing some problems with my phone. Looked like my latest CM11 was the culprit -but- it was not. The problem was my aging battery.
Out of curiosity, what kind of problems did you encounter?
I regularly recharge my old devices that are not used anymore in case I need them again, but while doing some tests on my Evo 3D (bought in may 2012) I noticed that now it sometimes shut down or rebooted spontaneously, and also that sometimes it just cannot 'get' the battery state, like if the battery wasn't present (even the official Sense ROM reports 'battery state unknown' :confused:). I'm wondering if old batteries develop some fault after some time even if they still report good health state.
I had to replace my Rezound's (standard) battery last summer after only 18 months of use because it lasted only 1/4 to 1/3 of the time it did when new, I couldn't even get through half a day of normal use with it anymore. :( The Rezound is definitely a battery killer, the worst smartphone I ever owned when it comes to autonomy. :crying:

Chucktr

Oct 4, 2012
Glendale, AZ
www.trcompu.com
Some of the same symptoms...

Out of curiosity, what kind of problems did you encounter?
I regularly recharge my old devices that are not used anymore in case I need them again, but while doing some tests on my Evo 3D (bought in may 2012) I noticed that now it sometimes shut down or rebooted spontaneously, and also that sometimes it just cannot 'get' the battery state, like if the battery wasn't present (even the official Sense ROM reports 'battery state unknown' :confused:). I'm wondering if old batteries develop some fault after some time even if they still report good health state.
I had to replace my Rezound's (standard) battery last summer after only 18 months of use because it lasted only 1/4 to 1/3 of the time it did when new, I couldn't even get through half a day of normal use with it anymore. :( The Rezound is definitely a battery killer, the worst smartphone I ever owned when it comes to autonomy. :crying:

I was experiencing the same problems. It took me a few days to actually determine that it was my battery and NOT the OS. However, I have since found that part of the problems were the OS. As I stated in a previous message, and IF I didn't I'm stating it here, I had some "minor" problems, both wih my "Newest PC" and with "CyanognMod Updates". ALL 3 at the same time!!

Yes the battery problems can cause the phone to "Spontaneously Re-Boot" -and- the phone can lie about the battery state. These things are not perfect and strange things can, and do, happen. In a previous message I related how I had "Stored" my Original Battery in the ReFridgerator and now after 3 years have started successfully re-using it.

So #1 Battery Problems have been temporarily fixed, #2 the PC Problems have been corrected and #3 I finally got some decent UpDates from CyanogenMod.

Thanks,
-Chuck

Chucktr

Oct 4, 2012
Glendale, AZ
www.trcompu.com
My Smartphone Future...

Hi there.

Some of you are curious as to the future of this site ... and the ReZound. Well, this past week-end they released a few "new phones" and one of them was the one I have been waiting for, for a long, long time. Only to be disappointed.

One of the reasons that I purchased the ReZound in the first place was because of the Camera. The still shot camera. I never took any videos until we started experiencing the problems here. Since then the only vids that I have recorded was the Paul McCartney Concert and some test vids in trying to fix the Camcorder problem. Course IF I had been smart I would have Re-Installed ICS before the concert and then not have had to Re-Boot after every 3.:p But, hindsight is 20/20... or so they say.

Now the real meat of this message is..... I have been waiting and waithing for the M9 to be released. It was... with complaints about the Camera!! One of the parts that I am mostly interested in. There is also the "excuse" that the phones tested were "pre-production" and that the "problems" experienced would probably NOT be there in the "Released" version. We'll see. The Verge had a good write-up on the ReZound... 3 years ago -but- they did not have a favorable one on the M9 this time. Again the main complaint was the Camera.

In addition the prices mentioned were in the $649.00 range straight out, with the usual $200.00 price plus a 2 year contract. However, my Rez dropped from the $250.00 with a contract -- that I paid -- to only $90.00 plus contract in less than 3 months. So, we will wait for 2 things... a lower price and a better camer report. Besides, 6 months ago, they were talking about an M9 Prime that was supposed to be a real top dog. Maybe it will have the better camera.

In the meantime, I/we am/are still working on the Camcorder problem. The fix is just around the corner... I can taste it. :silly:

Thanks,
-Chuck

For your viewing pleasure: ReZound vs M9 vs M8 and the Verge Camera Report:M9 Camera
-and- overheating-warning-pops-htc-one-m9-running-antutu-benchmark-app-mwc.html

Last edited:

sojrner

Aug 24, 2010
Rom is solid, I run my rez simless as a media player (YouTube, Pandora, Amazon, play, local flac server) and occasional picture taker. Runs wonderfully on this build. Recently ordered new batt as mine started physically bulging as well as random reboots. Been running for 3 years though, so decent life. Batt problems are a thing.

Still like the hardware on the ole rezzy though. Great combo of stuff.

Chucktr

Oct 4, 2012
Glendale, AZ
www.trcompu.com
More info ...

Just had a lengthy discussion with Reven Tech... used to be OP before me. CM11 is no longer being UpDated. That is from CyanogenMod.

BUT we will still be UpDating CM11 for the ReZound. The M9 is NOT getting good reviews. So I will be here longer than I was expecting. My Rez is still functioning well ... now that I have a decent battery in it. I'm gona try one of those newer extended batteries ... has 3240mah of power. The old extended battery had 2750mah. -But- for now we will use the "original" battery. Want to see how long it lasts after spending 3 years in the Refridgerator. And yes I saw an add for a 4000mah batt... BUT it was $89.

Software changes... and changes... and so do the devices that use it. Our phones and our computers. As I mentioned in previous messages, I purchased a "faster" machine in order to continue on this project.... It was a good excuse anyway. The other PC that I started this adventure on was/is 7 years old and only has a 2 core processor with a max of 4GB of RAM. Can't believe I said that.... I started with an 8080 and 16KB of RAM back in 1978/79. My how things have changed...

Also ... my two main things in work are : fixing the Camcorder and installing the 3.4 kernel.

Anywho, the main thing I am trying to get across is ... I stated before that I would include, in the folder description, the Host OS that the ROM was built on. Therefore, IF you have a problem, please state which folder in the downloads that you obtained the build from.

Thanks,
-Chuck

Light1984

Apr 3, 2011
Installed the 2-25-15 build and it is running well so far. Thank you! Only problem I am having is with the gallery. It crash's sometimes. I did install the kitkat sdfix from the market place so I can save to my external card, that may be messing things up.

DaDroidDude

May 21, 2013
Hmmm Installed and I get nothing

Hello all.

I had 10.1.*
It was working well with the exception of random reboots.

So I tried 10.2 and couldn't get it to boot after installation.

So I tried 11.
I wiped everything using TWRP.
Installed and it says it installed.
Rebooted and I get a completely blank screen.

I've tried twice.

Same results each time.

Any ideas why?

Thanks
B

Uncleheff

Oct 21, 2013
Martinsville
I'm officially back! I just received my new (to me) Rezound! I've been following this thread since it started. One of the original devs on here was Neo. Here is the coolest part.... I have his old rezound! Yep the one he used when he was building ROMs for the rezound. My little geeky excitement lol. Thanks neo
I know I'm a dork but I think it's cool.

Uncleheff

Oct 21, 2013
Martinsville
Two things about this ROM...
1. Is there supposed to be a headset icon in the status bar when earphones are plugged in?
2. I noticed when I exit the app I'm using for online music (slacker), while music is still playing, the sound stops coming out of the earphones and starts coming thru the phone speaker. Also when I swipe down the notification shade it goes back to the earphones and returns back to phone speaker when notification shade is closed.
This could be due to a bad headphone jack but I thought I would mention it just in case. So glad to be back?

Last edited:

Chucktr

Oct 4, 2012
Glendale, AZ
www.trcompu.com
A Reply to ALL...

Hi there!!

Since there are so few of us anymore I'll make this reply to ALL instead of individually. Hope no one is offended.

Anywho, since Cyanogen is no longer making UpDates to CM11... I haven't placed anything in our repo/downloads. NO!! The ReZ has NOT been forgotten. Personally I am trying to get the 3.4 kernel installed and I'm having a little bit of a ruff time. Got a faster PC -but- the searches still take a long time. Searches for variables and where they originate and where they get their values. And on top of all that... I'm trying to learn 'git'. Haven't done enough with it to be real comfortable.

As for the earphones...
1. Is there supposed to be a headset icon in the status bar when earphones are plugged in? Yes -and- No. How's that for an answer?:confused:?
Hey we gota have fun. But that is the real answer. IF you plug in the headphones -and- do NOT have the music player going ... there will NOT be an icon. However, IF you start up Apollo you will see the headphones in the status bar ONLY IF you are not in the Apollo App -but- still are listening to the music. Lots of double talk 'ey. When in Apollo you will see the Apollo headphone logo at the top.
2. I noticed when I exit the app I'm using for online music (slacker), Now here we have a problem. I do NOT have slacker and I have NEVER tried it. I have ALWAYS used the player that is the default standard. The only trouble I have with the music stopping, and it doesn't really stop, it just cuts out ... is when I am using my Plantronics Bluetooth to listen to the music when outside. The wind and/or other noises makes the Bluetooth "think" that I want to talk and it cuts out the music... for a brief moment. At present I am listening to "Jumpin' Jack Flash" via my
Sony MDR-J10 h.ear Headphones with Non-Slip Design (White)
and I can move all around on my ReZ and it does NOT drop out from the headphones to the speaker. In fact when I pulled the headphones "out of the jack" ... it did NOT switch to the spaekers. The music quit. I was able to restart it and hear it thru the speaker and then plug in the headphones and still keep the music going.

Got Neo's old ReZ... cool. I'll tell him IF you haven't already. He is still a little involved. He is the one that got me this "Position" as the OP of this Site or Thread... whatever you want to call it. We have a "Team" chat where he, and others, help me get things fixed.

For those having problems ... Make sure that you have the "Latest UpDates" to the phone firmware. My signature at the bottom of ALL of my replies contains the necessary info --- and there are instructions in these messages... and on my personal WebPages.. as how to install the UpDates. The main, or home, page is: http://www.trcompu.com/ IF you look along the Right Side you will see a button for the ReZ. The first page is the one I started before I even received my phone. Along the top are selections to my other pages -- one being the CM11. I also have lots of other pages on CM10 and CM10.1. In all these pages you will find info on how to do things -and/or- references to other places with info. -And- read/search thru these messaes.

That's all for now ... have fun with your phones,
-Chuck

Last edited:

Uncleheff

Oct 21, 2013
Martinsville
Hi there!!

Since there are so few of us anymore I'll make this reply to ALL instead of individually. Hope no one is offended.

Anywho, since Cyanogen is no longer making UpDates to CM11... I haven't placed anything in our repo/downloads. NO!! The ReZ has NOT been forgotten. Personally I am trying to get the 3.4 kernel installed and I'm having a little bit of a ruff time. Got a faster PC -but- the searches still take a long time. Searches for variables and where they originate and where they get their values. And on top of all that... I'm trying to learn 'git'. Haven't done enough with it to be real comfortable.

As for the earphones...
1. Is there supposed to be a headset icon in the status bar when earphones are plugged in? Yes -and- No. How's that for an answer?:confused:?
Hey we gota have fun. But that is the real answer. IF you plug in the headphones -and- do NOT have the music player going ... there will NOT be an icon. However, IF you start up Apollo you will see the headphones in the status bar ONLY IF you are not in the Apollo App -but- still are listening to the music. Lots of double talk 'ey. When in Apollo you will see the Apollo headphone logo at the top.
2. I noticed when I exit the app I'm using for online music (slacker), Now here we have a problem. I do NOT have slacker and I have NEVER tried it. I have ALWAYS used the player that is the default standard. The only trouble I have with the music stopping, and it doesn't really stop, it just cuts out ... is when I am using my Plantronics Bluetooth to listen to the music when outside. The wind and/or other noises makes the Bluetooth "think" that I want to talk and it cuts out the music... for a brief moment. At present I am listening to "Jumpin' Jack Flash" via my
Sony MDR-J10 h.ear Headphones with Non-Slip Design (White)
and I can move all around on my ReZ and it does NOT drop out from the headphones to the speaker. In fact when I pulled the headphones "out of the jack" ... it did NOT switch to the spaekers. The music quit. I was able to restart it and hear it thru the speaker and then plug in the headphones and still keep the music going.

Got Neo's old ReZ... cool. I'll tell him IF you haven't already. He is still a little involved. He is the one that got me this "Position" as the OP of this Site or Thread... whatever you want to call it. We have a "Team" chat where he, and others, help me get things fixed.

For those having problems ... Make sure that you have the "Latest UpDates" to the phone firmware. My signature at the bottom of ALL of my replies contains the necessary info --- and there are instructions in these messages... and on my personal WebPages.. as how to install the UpDates. The main, or home, page is: http://www.trcompu.com/ IF you look along the Right Side you will see a button for the ReZ. The first page is the one I started before I even received my phone. Along the top are selections to my other pages -- one being the CM11. I also have lots of other pages on CM10 and CM10.1. In all these pages you will find info on how to do things -and/or- references to other places with info. -And- read/search thru these messaes.

That's all for now ... have fun with your phones,
-Chuck

I told neo.... Even got a signature on the inside of the phone before he sent it to me?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE!

Major break through's tonight.

All of us have been working very hard since release date (yesterday) and long before then. You may not know this, but with the updates CM has made we lost all sound ability. We've been working all day to try and get sound back along with fixing other issues. A final test by kkozma fixed audio once again and one by Flyhalf fixed camera and camcorder. There have been a few other minor fixes along the way and improvements to the rom source altogether. I will make mention of those in a little bit.
    This is a good day folks. I will let you know once the build is uploaded and the o.p. is updated

-Neo
    Built today fresh. Will upload in a little while.
    Alright. If anyone wants to test my ion build can be found here. http://flyhalf205.com/?dir=roms/vigor

Camcorder is broken so don't say anything about it :) Check video playback for me and Gmail. Thanks

FYI camera does work on ION now :) but camcorder is broke
    Here's another test build with yet another tweek to the memory map. I found a few places where it was running out of memory and crashing the EGL.

cm-11-20140104-UNOFFICIAL-vigor.zip
    md5sum: 0ceacbcf00d840fbdcd9a9b63e10dabf
    Forget cm, what I have planned will blow the rom out of the water, heavy mixture of like 6 different ROMs.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk 4