[APP] One Click Root/UnRoot I9000 (Eclair and Froyo) Mac and PC

Search This thread

TGA_Gunnman

Feb 5, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Team,

This One-Click Root process will copy over the rooted-update.zip or unroot-update.zip file then reboot your phone. Follow the instructions in the CMD prompt that launches.​

Rooting adds the following to your 2.1 Eclair system and unrooting removes them:
/system/xbin/busybox (version 1.17.1)
/system/xbin/su
/system/app/Superuser.apk (version 2.3.1)
and links /system/bin/su to /system/xbin/su​

Credits:
LeshaK at Samdroid: for the original rooted-update.zip.
Dr.Hani Akrim for the original rooted-update.zip for 2.2 Froyo.
gunnarhafdal : for creating the Mac GUI for my app.​

This has been tested on stock Android 2.1 Eclair and 2.2 Froyo JP2 not JP3.

PC Instructions:

galaxysi9000oneclicknew.jpg

Download the app here , mirror.

Warning: I am not responsible for bricked phones, rooting can void your warranty....

Requirements: Dot Net Framework version 4: Click Here

Rooting Instructions:
1. Make sure your phone is on USB Debug mode: (MENU > Settings > Applications > Developement > USB debugging = Checked )

2. For Windows x86 and x64 systems make sure that the Samsung Drivers are installed. You can get them here.

3. Extract the contents of GalaxyS_I9000_One-Click_Root.rar to a folder.

4. Connect your phone to your PC via the USB cable and launch the file "Galaxy S I9000 One-Click Root" file.

5. Based on the version of the Operating System you are running, click the "One-Click Root 2.1" button for Eclair or "One-Click Root 2.2" for Froyo Warning: Not Both!!. This will launch a command prompt follow the instructions in the CMD window.​

Done! You are rooted.

Mac Instructions:

oneclickrootmac.jpg

Download the app: here, mirror.

• It requires Mac OS X 10.5 or higher.

Rooting Instructions:

1. Make sure your phone is on USB Debug mode: (MENU > Settings > Applications > Developement > USB debugging = Checked )

2. Connect the phone to your computer.

3. Eject both the internal and external SD card from your computer and turn off USB storage in the notification area.

4. Click one of the buttons depending on what you want to do.

5. After the phone has rebooted into recovery select "apply sdcard:update.zip" for I9000 and I9000M and choose "Reinstall Packages" for the US models using the volume keys and then press the home button for I9000 and I9000M and the power button on the right top side for US models to start the process.​

=====================================================================

Done! You are rooted.

UnRooting Instructions:
To UnRoot follow the same instructions except click on the Unroot button. If you rooted using another process you can use this process to unroot as long as you didnt load a rom that created links to busybox. I would suggest to restore you phone back to stock ROM before even needing to unroot and if you are on stock unroot all you want otherwise what is the point of unrooting.

Getting Started with Android After Rooting:

Superuser app issue: Found out the issue with Superuser App crash. If you install new superuser 2.3.1 the app will crash if you click on the Info Tab. The first Time you One-Click Root you will need to run something as superuser which will add an item the superuser will track then the Info Tab will not Force Close and will display details of the tracked app requesting root access. New Superuser bug but easily ignored.​

Flash Clockwork Custom Recovery On your phone:
Follow this URL to find fill information on ROM Manager:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=734164

1. Install ROM Manager from Market.
  2. Launch ROM Manager and click on Backup ROM and save you android O/S stock rooted making getting back to stock un-rooted much easier..

Last edited:

swissmike

Jun 9, 2007
Does ist work with JP1 / JP2 /JP3? Anyone have tested?

Other Kits go back to JP2 to root and after back to JP3.

BlazerRazor

Apr 8, 2009
www.wkjeldsen.dk
Does ist work with JP1 / JP2 /JP3? Anyone have tested?

Other Kits go back to JP2 to root and after back to JP3.

You are correct. I haven't tested this yet, but with the latest JP3 you can not get root by simply applying update.zip. You need to switch back to JP2 kernel and then copy over busybox and su. Then flash JP3 when done again. I do not think this tool does that... I can't see how all of that can be automated.

swissmike

Jun 9, 2007
You are correct. I haven't tested this yet, but with the latest JP3 you can not get root by simply applying update.zip. You need to switch back to JP2 kernel and then copy over busybox and su. Then flash JP3 when done again. I do not think this tool does that... I can't see how all of that can be automated.

Is a SDK Install needed? Or a Terminal App? Can you post a step-by-step guide please?

TGA_Gunnman

Feb 5, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Root for jp2, am I wrong?

I'd say wait for CM6. Then flash it from rom manager when its out should not be much longer. But I do know and love the adventurous.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

SquidgyB

Oct 19, 2008
Newbury
How did you manage to automate the method when rooting JP3? I can not see how this can be automated.

Read the OP again, maybe even the whole thread (it's only two pages after all) - he says it's not tested with JP3 and that it's not automated for it either...

Oh, and while I'm being facetious, you may as well learn to use the "Edit" button rather than double post ;)

Last edited:

BlazerRazor

Apr 8, 2009
www.wkjeldsen.dk
Read the OP again, maybe even the whole thread (it's only two pages after all) - he says it's not tested with JP3 and that it's not automated for it either...

Oh, and while I'm being facetious, you may as well learn to use the "Edit" button rather than double post ;)

Sorry about the double post.

If you read through the thread you will find out that the OP replied to a guy who apparently wanted to get it working on JP3. Therefore I also asked the OP how he made it or if work for JP3. He has not replied to that, so I suspect he is only using the "flashing update.zip" method - which will not work with JP3. So, I did read the OP, you just misunderstood the problem :)

SquidgyB

Oct 19, 2008
Newbury
Sorry about the double post.

If you read through the thread you will find out that the OP replied to a guy who apparently wanted to get it working on JP3. Therefore I also asked the OP how he made it or if work for JP3. He has not replied to that, so I suspect he is only using the "flashing update.zip" method - which will not work with JP3. So, I did read the OP, you just misunderstood the problem :)

Fair play, I'm in a hospital with my missus - shouldn't really take out my frustrations in that way but these places always put me on edge :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team,

This One-Click Root process will copy over the rooted-update.zip or unroot-update.zip file then reboot your phone. Follow the instructions in the CMD prompt that launches.​

Rooting adds the following to your 2.1 Eclair system and unrooting removes them:
    /system/xbin/busybox (version 1.17.1)
    /system/xbin/su
    /system/app/Superuser.apk (version 2.3.1)
    and links /system/bin/su to /system/xbin/su​

Credits:
    LeshaK at Samdroid: for the original rooted-update.zip.
    Dr.Hani Akrim for the original rooted-update.zip for 2.2 Froyo.
    gunnarhafdal : for creating the Mac GUI for my app.​

This has been tested on stock Android 2.1 Eclair and 2.2 Froyo JP2 not JP3.

PC Instructions:

galaxysi9000oneclicknew.jpg

Download the app here , mirror.

Warning: I am not responsible for bricked phones, rooting can void your warranty....

Requirements: Dot Net Framework version 4: Click Here

Rooting Instructions:

2. For Windows x86 and x64 systems make sure that the Samsung Drivers are installed. You can get them here.

3. Extract the contents of GalaxyS_I9000_One-Click_Root.rar to a folder.

4. Connect your phone to your PC via the USB cable and launch the file "Galaxy S I9000 One-Click Root" file.

5. Based on the version of the Operating System you are running, click the "One-Click Root 2.1" button for Eclair or "One-Click Root 2.2" for Froyo Warning: Not Both!!. This will launch a command prompt follow the instructions in the CMD window.​

Done! You are rooted.

Mac Instructions:

oneclickrootmac.jpg

Download the app: here, mirror.

• It requires Mac OS X 10.5 or higher.

Rooting Instructions:

2. Connect the phone to your computer.

3. Eject both the internal and external SD card from your computer and turn off USB storage in the notification area.

4. Click one of the buttons depending on what you want to do.

5. After the phone has rebooted into recovery select "apply sdcard:update.zip" for I9000 and I9000M and choose "Reinstall Packages" for the US models using the volume keys and then press the home button for I9000 and I9000M and the power button on the right top side for US models to start the process.​

Done! You are rooted.

UnRooting Instructions:
    To UnRoot follow the same instructions except click on the Unroot button. If you rooted using another process you can use this process to unroot as long as you didnt load a rom that created links to busybox. I would suggest to restore you phone back to stock ROM before even needing to unroot and if you are on stock unroot all you want otherwise what is the point of unrooting.

Getting Started with Android After Rooting:

Superuser app issue: Found out the issue with Superuser App crash. If you install new superuser 2.3.1 the app will crash if you click on the Info Tab. The first Time you One-Click Root you will need to run something as superuser which will add an item the superuser will track then the Info Tab will not Force Close and will display details of the tracked app requesting root access. New Superuser bug but easily ignored.​

Flash Clockwork Custom Recovery On your phone:
    Follow this URL to find fill information on ROM Manager:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=734164

1. Install ROM Manager from Market.
    2. Launch ROM Manager and click on Backup ROM and save you android O/S stock rooted making getting back to stock un-rooted much easier..
    hello all i had the same problem with u all after some searching i did i found out that a person had find a solution to that ! i used it in froyo 2.2 sgs and worked like a charm where everything else failed z4root this one one click !
    as i know is another version of one click ! i show a some post b4 i do that that have worked so i tried and worked for me 2 ! sorry to the guy i cant find the page so i cant put a reference to him but i post the link of file here so to solve the problem of not working root in sgs 2.2 froyo

uploading. com/files/ get /2785e683/

sorry for the link have spaces but i am not permited to post outside links yet
    Very Good!!!
    hello all i had the same problem with u all after some searching i did i found out that a person had find a solution to that ! i used it in froyo 2.2 sgs and worked like a charm where everything else failed z4root this one one click !
    as i know is another version of one click ! i show a some post b4 i do that that have worked so i tried and worked for me 2 ! sorry to the guy i cant find the page so i cant put a reference to him but i post the link of file here so to solve the problem of not working root in sgs 2.2 froyo

uploading. com/files/ get /2785e683/

sorry for the link have spaces but i am not permited to post outside links yet

hell yeah, thanks dude, its working.. perfectly !!!
    Please pull the file and update if possible :) thanks very much I do not mean to sound like a ****.. the error code described above means one of the files is corrupted.
    Edit: I was able to root just runing root file, not the .exe