[Q] 1 GB ram is enough ? :D

Search This thread

M7mdA7md7sein

Feb 3, 2013
Alexandria, Egypt
Wish to know if this Amazing app supports Sony devices like Xperia SP ?
also is 1 GB ram enough to run it nicely or it will be laggy ? -regarding one touch themes or complicated themes demonstrated by tutorials-
Thanks In Advance :D

undernet_zero

Feb 5, 2014
I have Ace plus with 512 Ram and it is a little laggy in some themes, and very laggy in more complexed ones, I used custom ROMs that did a better job :D

can you recommend themer's theme that at least a bit more operable for everyday use, for my mini pro?
btw, what is your custom rom? does it have unusual theme? i like MIUI, but still didn't get the best ROM performance for my taste.

Reactions: M7mdA7md7sein

M7mdA7md7sein

Feb 3, 2013
Alexandria, Egypt
can you recommend themer's theme that at least a bit more operable for everyday use, for my mini pro?
btw, what is your custom rom? does it have unusual theme? i like MIUI, but still didn't get the best ROM performance for my taste.

* I didn't try Themer yet, but I am sure that it is Amazing :D
as my Ace plus resolution is : 320 x 480 pixels which is not supported by themer yet :D
but I applied some of MyColorScreen themes manually, some were great some were soo laggy

* I use Inspiration ROM: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1952839
It was a great improvement for me over the original one in Visual Style and Performance :D
Not sure if the deference is comparable to other devices' ROMs or not :D

Worked fine on my old HTC Desire S with 768MB of RAM. I think it will work fine on your newer phone with 1GB of RAM. ;)

Great :D
Hope so..
Thanks a lot :) :)

Reactions: NVardan

lockdalf

Feb 7, 2012
Kosice
well I have a Gsmart Roma R2, which with 480*800 resolution just passes the bar of support. It has 1GB of RAM and Themer works solidly even with more complex themes. I have not seen lags in the system (unless some game like Temple Run 2 was still on in the background)

Reactions: M7mdA7md7sein

M7mdA7md7sein

Feb 3, 2013
Alexandria, Egypt

lockdalf

Feb 7, 2012
Kosice
1gb ram is enough definitely, but humans want more even though its enough. :laugh:

Well, if you take into account how much RAM is actually reserved by the system (which varies phone to phone depending on add-on UIs, android versions and such), how much is taken by the apps and services running in the background (like sync account, weather, news, mail, facebook, twitter,... you get the drift). It might not be enough at all... Plus you have to take widgets into account. The more complex and the bigger amount of them running constantly takes up some memory, too.

I have noticed that Themer always takes about 40MB on my phone and that is not very light weight. I am comparing it to the last phone I had that was an entry level with amazing 256 MB of RAM so 40MB consumption would have been a killer for it. The launchers I used on it were maybe a bit less flexible when it came to theming (since I am a greedy guy and would not pay for the pro versions;o]]]) but they were still recommended by mycolorscreen for some of the builds and, if I remember correctly, they took somewhere between 11 and 17MB only.

That said, even if I have all connections (besides radio of course) turned off, I sometimes experience a slight lag with 1GB RAM. Though the phone is definitely not a high end wonder machine so I did not have huge expectations of it. The fact that it features vanilla android with few apps pre-installed and no UI modifications probably adds to the speed it runs at and that keeps me well satisfied.

So, gaming or no gaming, in the end it all comes down to the usage of the phone. If you do not play but you use many different apps on your phone (especialy if they have a background service using your internet connection), 1GB may still be not enough for you...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1gb ram is enough definitely, but humans want more even though its enough. :laugh:

Well, if you take into account how much RAM is actually reserved by the system (which varies phone to phone depending on add-on UIs, android versions and such), how much is taken by the apps and services running in the background (like sync account, weather, news, mail, facebook, twitter,... you get the drift). It might not be enough at all... Plus you have to take widgets into account. The more complex and the bigger amount of them running constantly takes up some memory, too.

I have noticed that Themer always takes about 40MB on my phone and that is not very light weight. I am comparing it to the last phone I had that was an entry level with amazing 256 MB of RAM so 40MB consumption would have been a killer for it. The launchers I used on it were maybe a bit less flexible when it came to theming (since I am a greedy guy and would not pay for the pro versions;o]]]) but they were still recommended by mycolorscreen for some of the builds and, if I remember correctly, they took somewhere between 11 and 17MB only.

That said, even if I have all connections (besides radio of course) turned off, I sometimes experience a slight lag with 1GB RAM. Though the phone is definitely not a high end wonder machine so I did not have huge expectations of it. The fact that it features vanilla android with few apps pre-installed and no UI modifications probably adds to the speed it runs at and that keeps me well satisfied.

So, gaming or no gaming, in the end it all comes down to the usage of the phone. If you do not play but you use many different apps on your phone (especialy if they have a background service using your internet connection), 1GB may still be not enough for you...
    It will work fine i can tell.
    I have Ace plus with 512 Ram and it is a little laggy in some themes, and very laggy in more complexed ones, I used custom ROMs that did a better job :D

Worked fine on my old HTC Desire S with 768MB of RAM. I think it will work fine on your newer phone with 1GB of RAM. ;)

* I didn't try Themer yet, but I am sure that it is Amazing :D
    as my Ace plus resolution is : 320 x 480 pixels which is not supported by themer yet :D
    but I applied some of MyColorScreen themes manually, some were great some were soo laggy

* I use Inspiration ROM: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1952839
    It was a great improvement for me over the original one in Visual Style and Performance :D
    Not sure if the deference is comparable to other devices' ROMs or not :D

Great :D
    Hope so..
    Thanks a lot :) :)