[Q] Repair Costs Display/Glas

Search This thread

deepflash

Jun 6, 2011
Fellbach
Hi guys,

unfortunately, I hit my Z2 with a metal part which cracked the glas.
Even more unfortunate is, that it was in my leather flip case but the flip wasn't close :(
It looks like the display is not affected since it is working and I can't see dead pixels.
Do you have experiences, what a repair of the glas and/or display will cost?
I already sent it to a Sony certified repair center.

Best regards

SolidR53

Jan 4, 2011
Reykjavik
forritun.org
Hi guys,

unfortunately, I hit my Z2 with a metal part which cracked the glas.
Even more unfortunate is, that it was in my leather flip case but the flip wasn't close :(
It looks like the display is not affected since it is working and I can't see dead pixels.
Do you have experiences, what a repair of the glas and/or display will cost?
I already sent it to a Sony certified repair center.

Best regards

On my daily aliexpress surf the other day I stumbled upon Z2 displays for good price, if you can do it yourself, go nuts:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Orig...For-Sony-Xperia-Z2-L50W-D6503/1851652784.html

Price: $88.95, free shipping.

Last edited:

deepflash

Jun 6, 2011
Fellbach
Thx for your reply.
I think I could do it myself but I want to keep the warranty (I also want them to do a waterproof test) and therefore I sent it in for repair.

deepflash

Jun 6, 2011
Fellbach
Well, I now received the repair cost proposal:
- Display repair: 318€
- Data Backup: 17,65€
+ 19%Tax (Germany)
====
404,53€

This is ridiculous since I paid just 125€ more for the all new phone.

Last edited:

janne303

Dec 3, 2008
I have heard that they change some items AND the display for the problems with sound. You should have sent it in and told them you were on the way to sent it in because of the soundproblem hehe

Skickat från min GT-I9100 via Tapatalk

deepflash

Jun 6, 2011
Fellbach
My Z2 is repaired now by a handy repair centrie in Munich which charged me for 195€.
That sounds much more reasonable then the 405€ of the certified centre Sony gave me.
I would not through it into the water now which I presumably wouldn't do anyway ;)

Tej XFire

Aug 7, 2014
San Francisco
My Z2 is repaired now by a handy repair centrie in Munich which charged me for 195€.
That sounds much more reasonable then the 405€ of the certified centre Sony gave me.
I would not through it into the water now which I presumably wouldn't do anyway ;)

Hey mate, sorry for asking this question, since this thread was started long ago. Does yours have scratches/blemishes after the repair ? How's the repair quality ? Did they put scratches on your display/rear panel ? Lemme know. Thanks in advance :cool: :good: