[Q] NT16GB with CM11 becomes unstable when battery low

Search This thread

mikeataol

Nov 21, 2013
I noticed my NT with CM11 nightly installed(http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2560827) becomes very unstable when battery drops below 50%. For example, menu pops up by itself, apps launch by themselves, screen changes by itself, and you name it. It is like it has its own mind! But once I plug in the charger, then everything goes back to normal. Anyone else has this issue or is it just me?

I have only seen it really bad if I had flashed the 10 touch LCD firmware, and on the units Ive seen it, reverting to stock LCD firmware corrected it.

50% seem unusually high for that, but even using stock B&N software there have been reports of whacky behaviour when the battery gets low.

digixmax

Jan 17, 2011
I have had this problem with both stock ROM and CM10.x (2-touch) when my battery is in the 20-30% range. 50% is indeed a bit high for the NT to act up.

You might want to look into the battery calibration apps (I myself have not used them). Some of these apps suggest the optional step of letting the battery completely discharge after a calibration, but personally I would skip that optional step as there have been reports of difficulty in recharging NTs that are completely discharged.