Logitech or Zagg Keyboard Case

Search This thread

randsom2708

Sep 3, 2013
I don't have either available to me to see in person, but am down to one of the two for my new Note 12.2. Would appreciate any and all input in helping make my choice, really can't make up mind, reviews all seem to go both directions.

Thanks much!

hendav

Jun 11, 2010
I owned the zagg first and returned it for the logitech. The logitech keyboard is superior in every way.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Mike02z

Feb 3, 2012
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 9 Pro
The Zagg is a nice keyboard but a horrible cover.

First, it offers little to no shock protection. It can be diffulct to "unsnap" the tablet from the keyboard and it provides no cover for the back of the tablet. I also don't care for the way it holds the tablet. Seems to put pressure on the glass but that just may be my OCD.

That said, I like the keyboard and the way it functions. I chose to keep my WAWO case and just sit the keyboard in front of it.

If I had it to do over again, I would pass on the Zagg but since I don't think there is a better keyboard yet for the 12.2, I'm keeping mine as it does the job of providing a decent keyboard. If you are looking for a cover, this is not it in my opinion.

tonyz3

I have the Zagg and as i agree with mikes assessment of this is not a case. I prefer the zagg over the logi. The zagg seemed to type better for me, is alot lighter - i repeat alot. Slimmer, looks nicer. (Note - a matter of preference) If you want it for keyboard functionality and a case than dont get it. I use a cocoon sleeve made for an 11inch macbook with the zagg and it works well. Also slip the cocoon into another messenger bag when i travel for work. talk about ocd. So the lack of protection is not an issue for me..... :) The zagg would be great if it was backlit and came in a metal option. When i tried the logi the only things that turned me off were the wieght, thickness and it seemed to slip from the tabs too easy.

soundneedle

Dec 7, 2010
Los Angeles
I have the logitech and have problems with sudden onset of lag. I know it's not the tablet--I tried on the note 12.2, tab 8.4 and moto x. All experience the lag. This is my second one as the first one also had the issue.

Thinking it's just me since no one else has noticed this. It works initially and then input lag sets in. FYI, I type about 70WPM which isn't terribly fast. The logitech cannot keep up when it starts this lag.

Reactions: that_same_guy

wingdo

Apr 28, 2010
Chicago
I currently have both cases, but the Zagg will be going back. While I do not care for the folio size of the Logitech, and wish it gripped a bit better, the keyboard itself is like typing on a regular laptop keyboard. I can see myself using it for long periods of time with HWord. The Zagg is light and thin which is nice, but I can't see myself typing on it for long periods of time. It feels cramped compared to the Logitech. If I wanted a cramped feeling keyboard for a tablet, I'd stick with my Note 10.1

soundneedle

Dec 7, 2010
Los Angeles
I just figured out it's an app causing this lag not the keyboard itself. I downgraded the xposed module called Xposed Additions and all is good now. That said, I much prefer the logitech over the zagg. The zagg is too limited in its uses. Meaning, the logitech offers more comfortable viewing---I like resting my hand on the table while it's standing, for example. It also folds down onto the keyboard.This is a great position while in a car, and the back texture really keeps it from sliding on my lap. The zagg feels to cheap for its price. Edges are sharp, and removing it is really awkward.

The only thing I don't care for is how it closes. Seems wonky. Little bumper pads never line up and easily shift out of place. Logitech needs a better way of closing. I like how easily the tablet comes out of the holding tabs. Nice compromise between having it in a case and (easily) taking it out.

I have the logitech and have problems with sudden onset of lag. I know it's not the tablet--I tried on the note 12.2, tab 8.4 and moto x. All experience the lag. This is my second one as the first one also had the issue.

Thinking it's just me since no one else has noticed this. It works initially and then input lag sets in. FYI, I type about 70WPM which isn't terribly fast. The logitech cannot keep up when it starts this lag.

Last edited:
Reactions: that_same_guy

woowdy

Jul 28, 2012
Springfield Mo
well logitech offer petter shortcuts and it is a better cas. I would say go with the logitech pro

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

randsom2708

Sep 3, 2013
Thanks for all the feedback . . . much appreciated . . . I ordered the Logitech case and will let folks know what I think of it after it arrives.

A question for those of you with the Logitech, does it have the auto on feature of some of the other cases?

BuckNekkid

Mar 5, 2012
Toronto
Haven't tried the Logitech, but the Zagg has been used all day and is infuriating. It misses keys every few keystrokes.

Testing seems to indicate this is a problem only with the 3edc keys and the spacebar missing every now and then.

Forgot connection, re discovered, still same issue. Seems to be hardware related. Will take back for a swap.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I just figured out it's an app causing this lag not the keyboard itself. I downgraded the xposed module called Xposed Additions and all is good now. That said, I much prefer the logitech over the zagg. The zagg is too limited in its uses. Meaning, the logitech offers more comfortable viewing---I like resting my hand on the table while it's standing, for example. It also folds down onto the keyboard.This is a great position while in a car, and the back texture really keeps it from sliding on my lap. The zagg feels to cheap for its price. Edges are sharp, and removing it is really awkward.

The only thing I don't care for is how it closes. Seems wonky. Little bumper pads never line up and easily shift out of place. Logitech needs a better way of closing. I like how easily the tablet comes out of the holding tabs. Nice compromise between having it in a case and (easily) taking it out.