Problems after unrooting

Search This thread

jt_lipka

Feb 22, 2013
Monroe
I unrooted my phone via the superuser. Went into twrp and did a factory reset. Rebooted. Everything is working as it should. Except for my swype and predictive text. Both are enabled. And my phone wont recognize my sd card. Just shows that the sd is blank or unrecognizable. Went to verizon and they just tried to sell me a new sd card when the one I have is only a month old. And they said they cant do anything about my swype or predictive text because its a software issue and my best bet was to google it. So I decided to come here and get some opinions on what to do. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

0vermind

Apr 13, 2010
Salt Lake City, Utah
I unrooted my phone via the superuser. Went into twrp and did a factory reset. Rebooted. Everything is working as it should. Except for my swype and predictive text. Both are enabled. And my phone wont recognize my sd card. Just shows that the sd is blank or unrecognizable. Went to verizon and they just tried to sell me a new sd card when the one I have is only a month old. And they said they cant do anything about my swype or predictive text because its a software issue and my best bet was to google it. So I decided to come here and get some opinions on what to do. Thanks in advance

Superuser shouldn't have anything to do with Swype working or predictive text. Is the SD card readable on your computer or in a different phone?

Tappin the talk

jt_lipka

Feb 22, 2013
Monroe
When I plug it into my comp it just opens up a blank folder. I try to format it with my comp and it goes to about 90 percent and says windows cant complete the format. Also before I unrooted my keyboard quit working, like it would pop up but no buttons, so thats why I unrooted. But it bugs me that my swype and predictive text dont work anymore and that verizon claims it being a software issue. Guess I can call rhe 800 number and talk to customer service about it

hopesrequiem

May 27, 2011
You're sd card might have died I'm sorry to say. Might have gotten corrupt or just failed

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

ezas

Jan 14, 2011
There have been problems with SD cards. Mostly the 64 GB class 10 sandisk cards. Google well give you hits about it, including XDA results.

Note 2 - Nexus 7 - Charge - Player 5.0 - Fascinate
<><><><><><><><><><>
Read twice, flash once

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
When I plug it into my comp it just opens up a blank folder. I try to format it with my comp and it goes to about 90 percent and says windows cant complete the format. Also before I unrooted my keyboard quit working, like it would pop up but no buttons, so thats why I unrooted. But it bugs me that my swype and predictive text dont work anymore and that verizon claims it being a software issue. Guess I can call rhe 800 number and talk to customer service about it

why would you call verizon? you voided your warranty when you rooted, vzw would be the last thing i would turn to for help. use odin and flash a stock rom.

dmonger11b

Jul 18, 2012
why would you call verizon? you voided your warranty when you rooted, vzw would be the last thing i would turn to for help. use odin and flash a stock rom.

As long as you unroot properly there's no proof of anything and your warranty is fine..

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
Op I've got to ask have you went into the Samsung keyboard settings and made sure predictive text is on and swipe is checked.

---------- Post added at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 AM ----------

And cleared data

jt_lipka

Feb 22, 2013
Monroe
Just go into settings, scroll down to input and language. Hit the settings button next to samsung keyboard and turn on predictive text

sanjeev835

Jun 23, 2014
Problem after unrooting

Dear One, i have unroot m8 device with following steps:
Changed Super ID - 1111111
Changed MID - 0P6B10000
install One_M8_1.54.401.10_odexed.zip from CWM
install Su
reset tamper
reset unlocked to locked
removed super su
flashed firmware 1.54.401.10_firmware.zip from fastboot oem rebootRUU (Single time)
changed super id to HTC__002
s-on from toolkit

Issues:
1. lots of options in settings are disabled like extreme saving mode, factory reset, brightness, home screen lock, power saving, lots of contacts already saved. after factory reset from boot loader same issue remained.
2. screen always on so battery drain fast.
3. HTC Demo (screen saver) not uninstalling.
4. Date appear in bootloader changed Apr 16 2014,19:18:09.0 to May 19 2014.
I have mic issue (caller cannot hear me) so i need to send it to the service centre.

I have boot.img backup from CWM 1.56.720.6 (original) but not stock firmware recovery could this helpful to resolve above issues.

Thanks