[SOLVED][Q] [C6506] [CWM 6.0.4.7] Restore - Baseband/IMEI Unknown

Search This thread

pete4abw

Mar 29, 2014
Running AOKP KK 4.4.2, I made a full backup of my system using CWM Recovery 6.0.4.7. I reinstalled stock ROM 4.2.2 10.3.1.A.2.67 to check for upgrades. (Sony removed all 4.3 upgrades for the C6506.

After that, I reflashed the boot.img, and restored my backup. On boot, the cell signal was "No Service". Looking at status, no Baseband, No IMEI, and no service.

Only way around it was to restore the stock ROM and then do a clean install of AOKP. I have been unable to restore a CWM backup.

I had my charger plugged in during both backup and restore. While I did read there was a bug with CWM and chargers, before I try this again, does anyone here have a suggestion or workaround? Be a shame not to be able to use Backup/Restore.

Thank you.

apitruia1

Feb 18, 2014
I have same issue after restoring back obtained by CWM for AOKP ROM 4.4 kitkat network is lost......best way is to restore the backup first and get all the data and apps in place .....................
And then dirty flash the AOKP ROM zip and gapps you will get the network back.

This will get you all your apps and data back ...some of the data is lost like progress in temple run so also back up all apps and data by Titanium backup. Apps can also be restored with data if something is missing.

Sent from my Xperia ZL using xda app-developers app

pete4abw

Mar 29, 2014
I have same issue after restoring back obtained by CWM for AOKP ROM 4.4 kitkat network is lost......best way is to restore the backup first and get all the data and apps in place .....................

This will get you all your apps and data back ...some of the data is lost like progress in temple run so also back up all apps and data by Titanium backup. Apps can also be restored with data if something is missing.

Seems awful kludgy. I am glad to know there is a problem, but this workaround is good to know. I still think the bug portends something more serious. For example, I lose my home screen settings (I only backup user apps). Oh well.

Thanks and keep posted if you learn more.

scifan

Dec 7, 2008
So, which baseband worked fine, and what do you currently have installed on your phone?

Btw, you you can flash the baseband only part of the ftf...

And I hate that my 6506 reports that it's a 6503... I should do something about that.

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk

pete4abw

Mar 29, 2014
So, which baseband worked fine, and what do you currently have installed on your phone?

Btw, you you can flash the baseband only part of the ftf...

And I hate that my 6506 reports that it's a 6503... I should do something about that.

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk

Sony only publishes open source AOSP for the 6XX3 models. The 6502, 6503, and 6506 have identical hardware except for radio frequencies supported. So any AOSP flavor will cause slight loss of functionality in terms of frequencies covered.:(

I tried reflashing just the baseband after this issue. It did not help. For me (although I did not try the dirty flashing method yet), the only thing that worked was to reinstall clean AOKP on top of clean Sony Firmware. Anything with a backup and restore resulted in no baseband/IMEI.

pete4abw

Mar 29, 2014
THAT is a good suggestion

When I do a restore I always do a full wipe first, then install system (+ gapps if wanted), then restore data only. Maybe this would work?!

Now, have you experienced the problem we are describing here? Have you tried the dirty install method proposed? Curious now. I like the idea of installing data only. Will try. Thx

pete4abw

Mar 29, 2014
[SOLVED] [C6506] [CWM 6.0.4.7] Restore - Baseband/IMEI Unknown

Yeah, I hope it helps. Please tell me here!

Kudos for your suggestion. I went from stock --> unloick bootloader --> install boot.img --> install custom ROM zips and Gapps --> restore DATA only using CWM Recovery. On first boot, everything is fine. Baseband, IMEI shows fine.

Thank you again. this is a terrific solution and should be pinned. (@MOD). Cheers.:cyclops:

Last edited:
Reactions: detective zero

detective zero

May 20, 2013
Hamburg
Kudos for your suggestion. I went from stock --> unloick bootloader --> install boot.img --> install custom ROM zips and Gapps --> restore DATA only using CWM Recovery. On first boot, everything is fine. Baseband, IMEI shows fine.

Thank you again. this is a terrific solution and should be pinned. (@MOD). Cheers.:cyclops:

Wow, great. Glad, I could help you!

chrisbdu

Apr 11, 2014
Thankyou

:good

jason.jhake23

Dec 20, 2013
help me please

hi can i ask if that your c6506 compatible to my c6502?..same here lost imei and base band can you give me the backup you have?...im just newbie..please help me:crying::crying::crying::crying:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When I do a restore I always do a full wipe first, then install system (+ gapps if wanted), then restore data only. Maybe this would work?!
    Now, have you experienced the problem we are describing here? Have you tried the dirty install method proposed? Curious now. I like the idea of installing data only. Will try. Thx

No, I didn't have that particular problem. But I often had problems with restores when coming from other ROMs/kernels. This always worked for me...
    [SOLVED] [C6506] [CWM 6.0.4.7] Restore - Baseband/IMEI Unknown

Yeah, I hope it helps. Please tell me here!