[REQ] SRS Sound Mod for OG!

Search This thread

banangrg

Aug 19, 2013
Pacanow
Have you tried Viper4Android? Very nice music enhancement...

Is Viper4Android compatible with OG? I downloaded zip pack from vipersaudio.com , when i was trying to flash it (i use Philz Touch Recovery , CWM based) , i got "installation aborted" message. Tell me, what i should do, because I'am very curious, i hope that mod mentioned by you is not so crappy as Noozxoide (it had only compessor working, any other fx didn't gave me any difference on very good headphones)

rimsilva

Apr 11, 2009
Yes it's. Others users have installed it. Search here in XDA the apk file.

edit: link --> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2456073

If you get a zip (probably you got it but don't install trough cwm), unzip and install as a normal apk and follow instructions,

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

banangrg

Aug 19, 2013
Pacanow
Yes it's. Others users have installed it. Search here in XDA the apk file.

edit: link --> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2456073

If you get a zip (probably you got it but don't install trough cwm), unzip and install as a normal apk and follow instructions,

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk

Oh, thank you :) Viper4Android provides really good sound, it has great benefits (but some drawbacks too).
I haven't tried Convolver yet, because i did'nt downloaded plugins yet. .

My feelings are that:
-Bass is not so powerful as I wanted, but it's quite natural
-Higher freqs are good, i think they are better than using DSP Manager
-I like so much Haas Surroround effect, but it lowers bass
-Other Surroround effects are just bad as DSP Manager Virtual Surroround effect.
-In my opinion FIREqualizer is the same as in DSP Manager

But there are the main disadvantages:
-Even if the bass is so low (i mean deep), it's distorted a bit, when there's a bit more of bass. SRS provides ultra low freq, pumping bass without any distortion.
-Midtones and sound dynamics, there's no "WOW" effect, there's no depth they are a bit flat :( I remember well how SRS made midtones were so intense, like SRS could auto-fit to every other song/tracks.

Your suggestion helped me much,anyway if someone will port SRS to our phones, i'll try this "beauty" :D
Old love will not be forgotten:laugh:

srcsntrk

Jan 15, 2012
Istanbul
Oh, thank you :) Viper4Android provides really good sound, it has great benefits (but some drawbacks too).
I haven't tried Convolver yet, because i did'nt downloaded plugins yet. .

My feelings are that:
-Bass is not so powerful as I wanted, but it's quite natural
-Higher freqs are good, i think they are better than using DSP Manager
-I like so much Haas Surroround effect, but it lowers bass
-Other Surroround effects are just bad as DSP Manager Virtual Surroround effect.
-In my opinion FIREqualizer is the same as in DSP Manager

But there are the main disadvantages:
-Even if the bass is so low (i mean deep), it's distorted a bit, when there's a bit more of bass. SRS provides ultra low freq, pumping bass without any distortion.
-Midtones and sound dynamics, there's no "WOW" effect, there's no depth they are a bit flat :( I remember well how SRS made midtones were so intense, like SRS could auto-fit to every other song/tracks.

Your suggestion helped me much,anyway if someone will port SRS to our phones, i'll try this "beauty" :D
Old love will not be forgotten:laugh:

Hฤฐ,

I also installed it but there not any change at stock music player.
How did you make it work?
Could you please tell me?
I followed all the instructions from V4A thread but no success :/
I am rooted and unloced with stock rom.

Thank you very muchhh ...

banangrg

Aug 19, 2013
Pacanow
Hฤฐ,

So...here you can have some problems because:
-stock player (you mean LG's player?), problably it won't work, you have to use any music player which support external equalizer (try Google Music Player, or Apollo).
-if you you Superuser instead SuperSu, you can have problem with V4A
-if you have any other "Equalizer app" like DSP Manager or Awesome BEATS, or AC!D or Noozxoide, you should delete them and restart the device, or just run V4A, go to V4A's Settings and try safe/compability mode, and restart of course

I not am sure, will it be working on stock, but it's working on CM based roms, you can try modded stock roms like SAVVY or Epsilon

Reactions: srcsntrk

srcsntrk

Jan 15, 2012
Istanbul
-stock player (you mean LG's player?), problably it won't work, you have to use any music player which support external equalizer (try Google Music Player, or Apollo).
-if you have any other "Equalizer app" like DSP Manager or Awesome BEATS, or AC!D or Noozxoide, you should delete them and restart the device, or just run V4A, go to V4A's Settings and try safe/compability mode, and restart of course

I not am sure, will it be working on stock, but it's working on CM based roms, you can try modded stock roms like SAVVY or Epsilon

- Yes I mean stock LG music player (Tried poweramp but no success again)
- I have superSu.
- I dont have any other equlazer app.
- I also think that it is because of stock launcher.

The last thing I havent tried yet is the Apollo music app.

And could you also please tell me where are those drivers are installled?
After I install V4A and its drivers, I do not see any driver folder in my folders.

thanks again,

twicefooled

Feb 22, 2011
- Yes I mean stock LG music player (Tried poweramp but no success again)
- I have superSu.
- I dont have any other equlazer app.
- I also think that it is because of stock launcher.

The last thing I havent tried yet is the Apollo music app.

And could you also please tell me where are those drivers are installled?
After I install V4A and its drivers, I do not see any driver folder in my folders.

thanks again,

Hello,

The problem is that sometime it is working and sometime not. I have stock and shuttle player. I have got it to work on stock as on shuttle, but not every time. You can check by selecting driver status in Vfx (for headset or phone speaker) if it is enabled as well if it is working.
When it work, its great.

I am also rooted and on stock rom.
BR

Last edited:

srcsntrk

Jan 15, 2012
Istanbul
Hello,

The problem is that sometime it is working and sometime not. I have stock and shuttle player. I have got it to work on stock as on shuttle, but not every time. You can check by selecting driver status in Vfx (for headset or phone speaker) if it is enabled as well if it is working.
When it work, its great.

I am also rooted and on stock rom.
BR

Can you confirm that it works with another music app (like apollo) except LG stock music app?

Thanks

srcsntrk

Jan 15, 2012
Istanbul

I tried it with Shuttle music app but no sucess :(
Could you please tell me the steps that I should follow?
I installed V4A and when music player is working I check the "Enable" checkbox then I check the driver status it says "Enabled: NO"; "Processing: NO".
What can I do to make it work, please help me, you can also PM me.

Thank you very much.

banangrg

Aug 19, 2013
Pacanow
I installed V4A and when music player is working I check the "Enable" checkbox then I check the driver status it says "Enabled: NO"; "Processing: NO".

Thank you very much.

I think the problem is stock rom...maybe it doesn't support external eq's. Just try stock modded like Epsilon or SAVVY. Don't worry, you can backup your app data (savegames, and various in-app settings) by using Titanium Backup. V4A is working for sure in any CM based rom. So I recommend you flashing Vanir, PAC-Man or ThinkingBrigde.

any problems that can be (if you really want to stay on your current rom):
-when you launch V4A app first time, does it asks you for SuperUser/root permission? It must asking for root permisions, without this, it won't work
-how did you installed V4A? flashing it from .zip file is not the best idea, my suggestion is downloading it from Play Store (yep, this one with chineese or japanese chars)

BTW, it was using V4A but I'm not so pleased from using it. When I found my fav presets for some songs, they were sounded (sorry 4 my english) much better, i felt they are wider in sound, but when I listened other songs, which they was surroround effects (stereo effects-yep, I am talking about electronic dance music) without modifying sound, with the same presets, all the effect was worse than without V4A. Generally, some some sound better, some worse using it. Furthermore V4A, distortes bass a bit too much, so instead of ultra loooow and clear bass, we have sth nice but distorted , even with using limiter. It's only my opinion, but trust me :) I am almost audiophile :D (lol) . I think the genius of SRS WOW HD (the same as in Desire HD) is that, it's changes own presets dynamically, depending of songs (omg, what a shame that SRS is ported for Optimus L7 but not our OG :( ).

You can try AC!D Sound Mod too, it should be working using stock rom, but I'm not sure if it's fully working, it has some partial bugs and missing some features. The most universal Equalizer at this moment is DSP Manager :p

Last edited:
Reactions: srcsntrk

srcsntrk

Jan 15, 2012
Istanbul
I think the problem is stock rom...maybe it doesn't support external eq's. Just try stock modded like Epsilon or SAVVY. Don't worry, you can backup your app data (savegames, and various in-app settings) by using Titanium Backup. V4A is working for sure in any CM based rom. So I recommend you flashing Vanir, PAC-Man or ThinkingBrigde.

-when you launch V4A app first time, does it asks you for SuperUser/root permission? It must asking for root permisions, without this, it won't work
-how did you installed V4A? flashing it from .zip file is not the best idea, my suggestion is downloading it from Play Store (yep, this one with chineese or japanese chars)

BTW, it was using V4A but I'm not so pleased from using it. When I found my fav presets for some songs, they were sounded (sorry 4 my english) much better, i felt they are wider in sound, but when I listened other songs, which they was surroround effects (stereo effects-yep, I am talking about electronic dance music) without modifying sound, with the same presets, all the effect was worse than without V4A. Generally, some some sound better, some worse using it. Furthermore V4A, distortes bass a bit too much, so instead of ultra loooow and clear bass, we have sth nice but distorted , even with using limiter. It's only my opinion, but trust me :) I am almost audiophile :D (lol) . I think the genius of SRS WOW HD (the same as in Desire HD) is that, it's changes own presets dynamically, depending of songs (omg, what a shame that SRS is ported for Optimus L7 but not our OG :( ).

You can try AC!D Sound Mod too, it should be working using stock rom, but I'm not sure if it's fully working, it has some partial bugs and missing some features. The most universal Equalizer at this moment is DSP Manager :p

Thank you very much mate :)

procut

Apr 20, 2009
Acid is the better, I used all the equalizer, but acid with fauxsound is the best.

Sent from my LG-E975 using XDA Premium HD app

rimsilva

Apr 11, 2009
If you are using ViPER4Android please try this:

Ultimate Music Effects Mods and Settings
This is a tutorial on using audio mods and settings to achieve maximum sound quality from the devices you are using. Any decent pair of headphones or earphones are capable of delivering much higher quality sound than they do using default device settings and equalizers, and you'll be surprised how far a little tweaking will take your whole music experience.

Mods You Will Need
The magic is made possible entirely thanks to ViPER's Audio,http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2191223, which you will need to install to use the settings described in this thread. Visit the ViPER's Audio page (linked above) and follow their instructions listed in their thread to get ViPER4Android FX installed on your device.
You will also need DSP Manager for a single setting in this tutorial, I've attached the APK for DSP Manager 2.0

The Settings
Once you have ViPER4Android FX and DSP Manager installed, use the following settings to take your music to a whole new level.

ViPER Settings...
MASTER POWER
Enable: This must of course be enabled to switch on the music effects.
PLAYBACK GAIN CONTROL
Enable: Enable PlaybackAGC
Effect Strength: Moderate
Max Gain: 4x
Max Output: -1.9dB
Leave FIREQUALIZER, CONVOLVER, FIELD SURROUND, DIFFERENTIAL SURROUNND, HEADPHONE SURROUND +, and REVERBERATION disabled.
DYNAMIC SYSTEM
Enable: Enable dynamic system.
Select Listening Device: Set to Common Earphone V2
Select Dynamic Bass: Set to 33%
Tube Simulator: Leave tube simulator disabled
FIDELITY CONTROL
Enable Viper Bass: Enable Viper Bass
Select Bass Mode: Set to 40Hz (I've chosen this because it significantly enhances the bass experience in music, by making the bass more "felt" than heard. This makes bass feel more powerful and realistic, but because it requires a decent set of earphones or headphones to actually work properly. By setting the Bass Boost higher for less powerful speakers, it may be possible to achieve the desired bass effect. If bass seems too weak at 40Hz, feel free to set it to 60Hz or even 100Hz as required. Because 40Hz takes real speaker power to pull off, I've noticed that for most earphones it makes bass crisp and powerful without completely overpowering music.)
Select Bass Boost: 10.0dB (for use with a Bass Mode of 40Hz on most headphones and earphones, but may be adjusted as needed on less powerful speakers)
Enable Viper Clarity: Enable Viper Clarity
Select Clarity Mode: Set to XHiFi (I've found that XHiFi enhances the highs and vocals much more effectively than Natural, and really emphasizes sounds that may not even have been heard before)
Select Clarity: Set to default (This ensures that even though highs and vocals are more prominent, they are not overpowering)
AUDITORY SYSTEM PROTECTION
Enable Cure Tech+: This setting is completely optional. Leaving it unchecked ensures that every single detail of music is still heard, while checking it slightly removes very high highs and protects your hearing.
Select Binaural Level: If you do enable Cure Tech+, I'd recommend at least a Moderate setting to truly benefit from the setting. It doesn't have too much of a negative impact, and after getting used to it, music still sounds amazing.
MASTER GATE (LIMITER)
Output gain: 0dB
Channel Pan- 0.5:0.5
Limit Threshold: 0dB

DSP Manager Settings...
The only thing you need to change in DSP Manager is setting
DYNAMIC RANGE COMPRESSION
Enable: Enable Dynamic Range Compression
Select Effect Strength: Extreme
(This brings all elements of the music to an equal volume, which makes music much more detailed and brings out sounds you never heard before, while keeping any bass or vocals from becoming too powerful)

You can double check all of these settings in the images attached.
Remember to hit the Thanks button if your music has never sounded better
NOTE: Please don't forget to thanks EttyN, here:http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48232144&postcount=1

You need to change the UI to Expert.

I've not installed DSP Manager at the moment and I've changed only the parameter in bold to 6dB, because the sound was a little bit low...

Edit: I advice to keep DSP Manager, the sound improvement is notable!

Last edited:

Keksman98

Jul 22, 2012
Hey guys,
I don't know if this fits in this thread, but you were already speaking about it.
So my question is: How to get Viper4Android flawlessy working on the Optimus G? I have tried it many times and with different versions on the stock rom (rooted of course), but when i got i to work and rebooted the phone it didnt work anymore.
It only worked with Neutron Music Player and then I rebooted the phone and it didnt work!
Please help me :)

Gesendet von meinem LG-E975 mit Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hฤฐ,

Thank you very much.