How to compile AOSP for Nexus 5?

Search This thread

bariz143

Dec 11, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Hi guys after many years i have decided to make my own AOSP source build.

I have googled it and tried many but im getting stuck on every one. All the guides on google is different from each other and its quite anoying.
Many are for other devices to. Would love to find one for Hammerhead.

Someone who managed to build a aosp source build with one guide ??

I have looked at some youtube videos to but i get acces denid on some parts and fetching issues and so on.

Would appreciate if someone could point me to right direction.

And im running UBUNTU 12.04 LTS as OS and not in Virtual Box

Best regards.

bariz143

Dec 11, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5

I tried that but it got stuck in fetching the repo. tried re sync the repo like 15 times. always stuck on the same place

How are going to compile a rom if you can't read the stickies that say not to post questions in the general forum?

Here's a great guide by reddevil.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2329228

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

going to try this one tomorow. thank you and sorry for putting this question in wrong thread

theesotericone

Sep 22, 2013
I did exactly what the tutorial says so i dont know. Can it have something to do with my ubuntu? Its a fresh install i did yesterday

Skickat från min Nexus 5 via Tapatalk

12.04 is what most people use to build so that's not it. It could be your build environment. What is it failing on when you repo sync?

theesotericone

Sep 22, 2013
Strange. Could it be your ISP cutitng you off for excessive bandwidth? Have you tried syncing any other repos? CM, DU, PA? Just to see if they finish or not?

bariz143

Dec 11, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
It stopped again. Im going to do a fresh install of ubuntu tomorow and see how it goes

If you're talking about repo sync getting stopped. That's because of your Internet connection being slow or the github servers being loaded or you might have not set the correct j flag..

Which processor/ram so you have? Try something like: repo sync -j4 (where 4 indicates the number of threads used)

Reactions: prateek.htc

bariz143

Dec 11, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
If you're talking about repo sync getting stopped. That's because of your Internet connection being slow or the github servers being loaded or you might have not set the correct j flag..

Which processor/ram so you have? Try something like: repo sync -j4 (where 4 indicates the number of threads used)

I have a Core i7 4770k with 16GB RAM and 250 mib/s connection.

Do

Repo sync -f -j4

I tried that but it didnt sync at all. And i tried sync repo only and its syncing. i did a clean install of ubuntu. ill let you guys now how it goes . thank you

habitformer

Mar 23, 2012
daytona beach

I was having the same problem 2 days ago.This may sound dumb but I actually speed tested my connection and found my modem was failing on me and my tower was lava melting hot.I had my ISP replace my modem and I got 2 new fans now things are smooth.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeah I know man I was so focused to build that I didn't notice I was building cm11 until I saw cm bootanimation and that's not what I want at all.

So I have to start from the beginning to compile Google aosp??

Delete everything in your working directory including any hidden .repo directories.

You obviously don't need to initialise the build environment again.

Start from here

http://source.android.com/source/downloading.html
    I tried that but it got stuck in fetching the repo. tried re sync the repo like 15 times. always stuck on the same place

going to try this one tomorow. thank you and sorry for putting this question in wrong thread

thats what i use
    youre probably doing something wrong
    It stopped again. Im going to do a fresh install of ubuntu tomorow and see how it goes

Google's very own aosp website gives you detailed step by step instructions for setting up and compiling aosp. Your cm folder reference is for building CM, not aosp.

Just use the Android open source project website and follow it.

Sent from my Nexus 5
    I Did The Guide In The Link.

http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/general/guide-how-to-build-aosp-source-linux-t2703036

Did this thorough guide to build AOSP using Linux Mint 16. Like it says should work with Ubuntu too. The bolded stuff are all commands done in Terminal. The AOSP I built using this is my daily driver and there is a direct download to a completely stock build done using this method. :D