Cant flash rooms&recovery

Search This thread

uNb0rN1

Jun 10, 2012
Orsova
Hello,
Few days ago i got my N5 device,today i unlocked boot and rooted with "root-windows" tool.Then i got the free room manager app and flashed new recovery.I tryd to install cataclysmal room but it fails.i tryd to change recovery with sdk but it also say :"cant open recovery.img"
the wind xp also dont show me the device in my computer.i transfered the room with ts file explorer via lan.(drivers are installed and works).
can someone helf me to fix it pls?thx

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Please provide more details. Please provide errors for flashing rom in recovery.

Also please supply exact error when fastboot flash and also exact command you typed

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Bad means the zip is corrupt. Needs re-downloading

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit

Reactions: uNb0rN1

uNb0rN1

Jun 10, 2012
Orsova
ill redown direct on device so ill not use tf ecplorer to transfer.any idea why i cant flash recoverys?thx again.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
No idea. Id need a screenshot of your cmd prompt to diagnose..

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Ill make an screen shoat in 1 hr after room redownloads bec i have to turn off phone

Cmd prompt is on your computer. If you're not fastboot flashing recovery, how are you doing it? I thought you said win xp?

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

Reactions: simms22

uNb0rN1

Jun 10, 2012
Orsova
Cmd prompt is on your computer. If you're not fastboot flashing recovery, how are you doing it? I thought you said win xp?

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

i use fast boot but now i downloading room on phone so if i turn it in boot mode ill cancel my downloading.

what app are you talking about?

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
i use fast boot but now i downloading room on phone so if i turn it in boot mode ill cancel my downloading.

what app are you talking about?

the flashify app can be used to flash your recovery, if you already have root. if not, fastboot will be your friend.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

it installed me the recovery but not the touch version..it worked.

good, you got lucky :)

but then why are you saying it wont? or did it just install it for 1 time use?

uNb0rN1

Jun 10, 2012
Orsova
the flashify app can be used to flash your recovery, if you already have root. if not, fastboot will be your friend.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

good, you got lucky :)

but then why are you saying it wont? or did it just install it for 1 time use?

ah you are talking about sdk tutorial.yea i tryd it but after these commands:cd Desktop/android-sdk-windows/platform-tools
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

it says cant open recovery.img

i mean the sdk tool dont work to install... not room manager.i thought it dont let me install room bec of recovery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bad means the zip is corrupt. Needs re-downloading

-----------------------
    Sent via tapatalk.

ill redown direct on device so ill not use tf ecplorer to transfer.any idea why i cant flash recoverys?thx again.

you can flash the recovery via fastboot, or you can use the free flashify app to flash your recovery. the flashify app would be easiest(you need root).
    Ill make an screen shoat in 1 hr after room redownloads bec i have to turn off phone

-----------------------
    Sent via tapatalk.

and if you are using rom manager to flash your recovery, dont, it doesnt work.
    and if you are using rom manager to flash your recovery, dont, it doesnt work.

...just don't use it for anything ;)

-----------------------
    Sent via tapatalk.