[Q] Does flashing back to stock affect T-mobile modem?

Search This thread

winky0403

Apr 21, 2012
:(:(I've flashed a T-mobile modem and using with the HSPA+ for awhile, however the Saurom ROM I'm using has some bugs like I can't reboot my phone properly and I sometimes lost signals, so my question is: if I want to flash my Note back to stock android, am I gonna lose the capability of using the HSPA+ which I'm using right now? Is there any ROM you would recommend that would be stable for the Note and still have the T-mobile modem enabled? Please give me an answer because I've been confused with this for awhile. God bless you all...:):):)

deliriousbb

Mar 1, 2009
Los Angeles
I'm using Saurom 7.1 and ICS theme on,Blaze modem and its been running great. It isn't as fast speedwise compared to my Amaze 4g but stable and fast.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-i717 using XDA Premium App on T-Mobile

Coffinfeeder

Jan 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
:(:(I've flashed a T-mobile modem and using with the HSPA+ for awhile, however the Saurom ROM I'm using has some bugs like I can't reboot my phone properly and I sometimes lost signals, so my question is: if I want to flash my Note back to stock android, am I gonna lose the capability of using the HSPA+ which I'm using right now? Is there any ROM you would recommend that would be stable for the Note and still have the T-mobile modem enabled? Please give me an answer because I've been confused with this for awhile. God bless you all...:):):)

You will probably have to reflash the tmo modem. But it might still be there as others have had non-stock modems that were still there even after flashing a stock tar file.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Sleef

Jun 2, 2010
Minneapolis
Best way to be sure would be to flash the stock radio. Though, it would be nice to know if using Odin will put EVERYTHING back to stock.

I'll bet the answer exists on the forum already but it's a good question, regardless.

Sent from my exotic rain dance using xda premium

Reactions: winky0403

Sleef

Jun 2, 2010
Minneapolis
Oops. Read the question wrong. So far as i know, once you flash a radio, it's there forever. Unless you flash a new one. Depending on how someone makes their ROM, this could change, but I'm betting that most of the devs aren't worried about forcibly making the people flashing their **** switch modems.

Sent from my sensual box of ferrets using xda premium

Reactions: winky0403

winky0403

Apr 21, 2012
Oops. Read the question wrong. So far as i know, once you flash a radio, it's there forever. Unless you flash a new one. Depending on how someone makes their ROM, this could change, but I'm betting that most of the devs aren't worried about forcibly making the people flashing their **** switch modems.

thanks for sharing. I've heard some infos about flashing back to stock could affect the radio, but I feel relieved when I saw this.

jayRokk

Jan 12, 2012
Rack City
Dont worry about the modem in GB just flash it and it'll work :)

all ive heard is that the "ICS leak" doesnt play well with TMO modem
but idk to be honest

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Best way to be sure would be to flash the stock radio. Though, it would be nice to know if using Odin will put EVERYTHING back to stock.

I'll bet the answer exists on the forum already but it's a good question, regardless.

Sent from my exotic rain dance using xda premium