VoIP Finally

Search This thread

ardec1

Mar 26, 2005
El Dorado
I have been trying to set up a VoIP client on my Windows Mobile phone for a long time, starting with the HTC Wizard which I could never get to work.
I have finally managed to get a VoIP client with a really nice interface working on several phones that I have tried it on.
I am using ViaTalk as my provider but it should work with any VoIP provider.
It works great (with a slight delay, nothing that I can't live with) on an unlocked HTC Sprint Touch Pro 2, a T-Mobile HD2, a HTC Diamond and an HTC Fuze.
The application is by NCH software out of Australia and it is free to use, or if you want to unlock all of the features of the application, download and register the business edition.
Here is the URL for the download:
http://www.nch.com.au/talk/pocket.html

Or if you would like, PM me and I will be happy to send it to you as an attachment to an email.

Only known issue is when the phone goes in to power saver mode it drops the WiFi connection but that should be an easy fix, right now I am simply pressing the power button and it comes right back and the connection is still alive.

Attachments

• ptalksetup.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,090
Last edited:

hecthork

Mar 22, 2010
Perú
www.facebook.com
thx you man, i'm trying this app since yesterday; works good!! easy to configurate, i'm using the free version because; i don't have 2 line, i don't use conferente mode... but it will be interesting trying these features xD

ardec1

Mar 26, 2005
El Dorado
How does this app compare to AgePhone?
I really couldn't tell because I have never tried AgePhone.
I have tried most of the different VoIP clients mentioned throughout this site but I have never been able to get one to work right until I tried this one.
It could be that I am too stupid to configure them right or it could also be that they simply don't work very well, I can't say.
As for PortSIP, I never got it to work right and the developer dropped off line a while back as far as I can remember.
This little VoIP client that I am using has got a clean interphase, it is easy to configure, it does not require any special "helper" apps. so I am happy with it.
Hope that some of you enjoy it too.

Franky24

May 20, 2007
I sincerely don't know the use of that softphone over the built-in VoIP for WinMo (WM65VoIP.cab, ultimate.VOIP.WM6.5.cab - available in several threads here) - except you need 2 lines? Especially as these guys do not use the WinMo address book! I don't want to manually add 600 adresses to any additional phone book.
The above mentioned cabs integrate into WinMo and use WiFi or 3G-connections. The phone rings as ususal and displays who called (from WinMo address book). The call is even entered into WinMo callog (only disadvantage: You don't see if a call was made/received via GSm or VoIP). I use them on my TP2 (WinMo 6.1), HD2 (WinMo 6.5.5) and even had a cab file for HTC Artemis (WinMo 5). All works/worked pretty well

So what's the use of these softphones?

Cheers, Franky

Reactions: afn691

R^7Z

{R^7Z trim]
Only known issue is when the phone goes in to power saver mode it drops the WiFi connection but that should be an easy fix, right now I am simply pressing the power button and it comes right back and the connection is still alive.

I have mine set so that the light always stays on until I turn it off(I turn off auto back-light, my preference). So, no issues there. Additionally, I think there is a setting or app that will allow WiFi to run even while the phone sleeps. Or perhaps it is set into a low-power mode until the power key is pressed?

FrancisB1

Oct 12, 2009
Howto in France ?

It seems great but how could I make it work in France.

My provider (mobile or at home) is SFR.

Thanks in advance to all for your answers.

ardec1

Mar 26, 2005
El Dorado
Setup file attached to original post

I finally got around to attaching the setup file to my original post so it can now be downloaded directly from this site

sadat007

Feb 6, 2010
Hi,
I suggest to please change the title to "Express Talk for WM".

I already tested it on my Ultimate 8502. I can call but can not receive incoming call. It ring but after receiving, it stop ringing with no active call and no sound. Any solution?
thanks
sadat007

user9999

Dec 16, 2008
After installing Pocket Talk and configuring it I get the message that my handheld device is blocking UDP port no 8000 and 5060. Of course it isn't but I can't make callas. Has anyone had the same problem?

SoulSeekerHS

Nov 28, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Asus Zenfone 9
installation unsuccessful

It fails to install for me...

I connect my HTC Mega (Windows Mobile 6.5, moded rom), I start the setup, my phones screen shows the installer but than says "Installation of NCH Swift Sound Pocket Talk.CAB was unsuccessful"

Doesnt matter if I choose MainMemory of StorageCard.. there is plenty of free space on both of them.

Any Ideas? Are there any prerequisites? I checked the NCH forum but couldnt find any help...

PS: trying to install directly from the .cab it leaves on my storage card wont work either

I sincerely don't know the use of that softphone over the built-in VoIP for WinMo (WM65VoIP.cab, ultimate.VOIP.WM6.5.cab - available in several threads here) - except you need 2 lines? Especially as these guys do not use the WinMo address book! I don't want to manually add 600 adresses to any additional phone book.
The above mentioned cabs integrate into WinMo and use WiFi or 3G-connections. The phone rings as ususal and displays who called (from WinMo address book). The call is even entered into WinMo callog (only disadvantage: You don't see if a call was made/received via GSm or VoIP). I use them on my TP2 (WinMo 6.1), HD2 (WinMo 6.5.5) and even had a cab file for HTC Artemis (WinMo 5). All works/worked pretty well
Cheers, Franky

Myself some hours ago said:
I'm also using WMVoIP and my phone is enabled by default to use VoIP when wi-fi gets enough data traffic, so I don't need other VoIP apps except for second lined. Usually I switched off the phone radio and whitched on the wifi radio and VoIP wasd enabled as default phone line.
But my problem is now I can use VoIP over 3G at no penalization from my phone provider, and I can't set my phone to use VoIP by default.
Is there a way to set VoIP the first option and phone the second one, using 3G (not wifi) ?

Editing: I found this xda-dev's app here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=730303 and it works fine with one SIP line, in my Kaiser, even using 3G instead of wifi.
Thanks !

Last edited:

alteclansings

Dec 23, 2011
It works fine on my HTC Touch Pro cdma with wm6.1.
But I don't like the fact I can't use my original contact list...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have been trying to set up a VoIP client on my Windows Mobile phone for a long time, starting with the HTC Wizard which I could never get to work.
    I have finally managed to get a VoIP client with a really nice interface working on several phones that I have tried it on.
    I am using ViaTalk as my provider but it should work with any VoIP provider.
    It works great (with a slight delay, nothing that I can't live with) on an unlocked HTC Sprint Touch Pro 2, a T-Mobile HD2, a HTC Diamond and an HTC Fuze.
    The application is by NCH software out of Australia and it is free to use, or if you want to unlock all of the features of the application, download and register the business edition.
    Here is the URL for the download:
    http://www.nch.com.au/talk/pocket.html

Or if you would like, PM me and I will be happy to send it to you as an attachment to an email.

Cheers, Franky