[Q] lumia 1520(RM-937) on T-Mo USA

Search This thread

elknimrod

Mar 10, 2008
I want the lumia 1520, but I'm on T-Mobile in the US. I will never got to AT&T for very good reasons, so please don't suggest it. The one offered for sale here is the rm-937 which doesn't cover the 1700 band needed for TMO lte , and I understand it's not possible to change the phone to cover it either.

My question is: is anyone using the rm-937 on TMO US? If so, how are the data speeds? Are there other issues that should be known about the phone/carrier relationship?

When ATT finally brings out the 32gb version, I may try to unlock that and use it on TMO, but I've heard that path is fraught with issues too.

I've also heard rumors that TMO may adopt the lumia 1520, but at this point that's all it is; rumors.

Thanks for any info and/or advice, these XDA forums are one of the top resources on the net.

Ed
-still on my 5 year old HD2 with an XDA custom rom, but it still works well.

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
HSPA+ will get you (in my experience) about 14Mbps down and 7 up... LTE is better than twice that (30-35 down, about 12 up), but most of the time it doesn't matter anyhow (heck, it's faster than my home net connection).

blakkheartt12

Aug 20, 2007
I want the lumia 1520, but I'm on T-Mobile in the US. I will never got to AT&T for very good reasons, so please don't suggest it. The one offered for sale here is the rm-937 which doesn't cover the 1700 band needed for TMO lte , and I understand it's not possible to change the phone to cover it either.

My question is: is anyone using the rm-937 on TMO US? If so, how are the data speeds? Are there other issues that should be known about the phone/carrier relationship?

When ATT finally brings out the 32gb version, I may try to unlock that and use it on TMO, but I've heard that path is fraught with issues too.

I've also heard rumors that TMO may adopt the lumia 1520, but at this point that's all it is; rumors.

Thanks for any info and/or advice, these XDA forums are one of the top resources on the net.

Ed

Check out new egg. Do search for 1520.3. It is the unlocked international version that has AWS band. They only have the all black and the white left. Yellow version is gone. Here is a pick of the bands that is printed on the box.

Reactions: compu829

compu829

Nov 5, 2006

Ed
if there is a certain Lumia 1520 that supports AWS HSPA+ (Looks like there is, based on previous posts) You should be able to pick up any 1520 and reflash it with a variant that supports it. (I am basing this on how you can "convert" a 520 to a 521 by reflashing via NCS...)

blakkheartt12

Aug 20, 2007

Ed

Oh forgot to mention the version on new egg is 32GB and has the QI charging system instead of the at&t mess they put in there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ed

Check out new egg. Do search for 1520.3. It is the unlocked international version that has AWS band. They only have the all black and the white left. Yellow version is gone. Here is a pick of the bands that is printed on the box.