[Q] Downgrade from CM11 to Jelly bean 4.1.2

Search This thread

v418h4v

Mar 2, 2013
Earth
Hi guys im an xperia s LT26i user and i have an unlocked bootloader. Im currently running cm11 rom by raymanfx. The last time i tried to flash 4.1.2 rom i did NOT wipe system and i ended up getting a bootloop and soft brick. So if i am running cm11 and if i want to downgrade to 4.1.2 do i need to wipe system, data, cache and dalvik cache? cache and dalvik is a must but if i wipe system and data will it work?:confused:

XqepX

Feb 22, 2012
You should make a full wipe probably everytime you switch your ROM. So:

- factory reset
- wipe dalvik cache
- format system

So your entire system is clear ;) and if this don't work flash latest Stock ROM first and then the ROM you'ld like to run on your phone :p

v418h4v

Mar 2, 2013
Earth
You should make a full wipe probably everytime you switch your ROM. So:

- factory reset
- wipe dalvik cache
- format system

So your entire system is clear ;) and if this don't work flash latest Stock ROM first and then the ROM you'ld like to run on your phone :p

Ok so i formatted my whole phone with the suggestions you gave and when i flashed the existenz rom by niaboc79 which is the stock rom it says "E:Error executing updater binary" and "Error flashing zip" and im on TWRP Recovery mod version 2.6.3.0

v418h4v

Mar 2, 2013
Earth
Ok i fixed it i just had to flash doomlord kernel which gets me back to cwm then flashing again fixed the problem. Thanks alot for your help though it did help me at some stages.;)