Attention ALL DEVs!!!

Search This thread

marcos.lennis

Nov 7, 2010
Miami, FL
The Samsung Admire (SCH-720R)(Metro PCS) community is in desperate need of CWM, Custom Kernel and ROM for this great phone. We need any willing developer to pitch in on this. I know nothing about code, but I am willing to test new projects.

We were able to obtain root which allowed us to remove bloatware from the hpone allowing it to run smoother. But we all know that it is not enough to have this phone running to its maximum potential.

If you are interested and willing to help us out, please feel free to contact me through here or by sending me a PM.

Thank you in advance for all your work and dedication.

Reactions: pantmunu
B

BoiPhresh

Also willing to try things with my phone don't care if I brick I have insurance

Sent from my SCH-R720 using xda premium

dsexton702

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 14, 2011
South Lake Tahoe
im not sure if Koush is going to help, im pretty sure all he does is add a version of CWM into Rom Manager

krylon didnt get CWM from koush he sent it to him

could be wrong though :D

Fluidification

Feb 26, 2011
Also willing to try things with my phone don't care if I brick I have insurance

insurance from what company? if tmobile, it is the biggest fraud I have seen. They will give a new battery for free, but if the phone is damaged, they will charge you for a contract price phone without the contract, so instead of 600 bucks, 200 bucks. Also, they will send it in to be verified "damaged". If they can repair it, you will get your old phone back.

QUIETLYloud

Jun 25, 2011
Holyoke
insurance from what company? if tmobile, it is the biggest fraud I have seen. They will give a new battery for free, but if the phone is damaged, they will charge you for a contract price phone without the contract, so instead of 600 bucks, 200 bucks. Also, they will send it in to be verified "damaged". If they can repair it, you will get your old phone back.

That's why you report it missing, the deductible is $130 on sgs4g and you can do that twice in a twelve month period, so Tmobile is not always bad

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

bkoon1218

Apr 25, 2011
New York
Maybe the Samsung Admire community can raise a fund for some developers. The SGS4G forum did it twice for Whitehawkx and RaverX3X. They've turned out really successful too.

Just throwing out a suggestion. *shrug*

Reactions: marcos.lennis
B

BoiPhresh

That's why you report it missing, the deductible is $130 on sgs4g and you can do that twice in a twelve month period, so Tmobile is not always bad

I don't know T-Mobile had the admire but I was talking about metropcs and I have a girly who makes sure I'm taken care of whenever I go in

rickyc19

May 15, 2011
Austin
Does the samsung admire have its own forum? I couldn't find one...

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App

bkoon1218

Apr 25, 2011
New York
Does the samsung admire have its own forum? I couldn't find one...

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App

It doesn't seem like there is one. :/ I just tried searching for it.

Maybe the people who have it could keep a look out when it comes up.

The model number is SCH-r720, in case if anyone's interested.

krylon360

May 10, 2010
Seattle
I'm surprised no one has contacted me.... :p

well, I will need a test phone. Much like I did with the SGS4G. The SK4G was an easy build due to its configuration.

Luckyduck is the person who sent me the test phone to begin with. I had CWM booting for the phone the day after I got it. Just needed to be tweaked for the correct config which is what took so long.

Just let me know.

Reactions: pantmunu and KB0SDQ

bkoon1218

Apr 25, 2011
New York

well, I will need a test phone. Much like I did with the SGS4G. The SK4G was an easy build due to its configuration.

Luckyduck is the person who sent me the test phone to begin with. I had CWM booting for the phone the day after I got it. Just needed to be tweaked for the correct config which is what took so long.

Just let me know.

I was gonna mention your name, but I was unsure if you wanted that possibly bad XDA attention. :x

krylon360 phone fund ftw?

Last edited:

marcos.lennis

Nov 7, 2010
Miami, FL

Just let me know.

Krylon360, where do u live?

dsexton702

Apr 14, 2011
South Lake Tahoe

Just let me know.

so the legends are true!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just let me know.
    I say we start donating and stop asking.

Krylon360, do you have a PayPal account where we can donate to? The phone is only $130 + Tax. Does your area has a Metro store? Let us know please so that we can start the phone fund.

Thank you in advance.

i live in extended metropcs area, so no store here. I'd have to find it being sold online off contract.

donation link is right over
    <------- there
    The Samsung Admire (SCH-720R)(Metro PCS) community is in desperate need of CWM, Custom Kernel and ROM for this great phone. We need any willing developer to pitch in on this. I know nothing about code, but I am willing to test new projects.

We were able to obtain root which allowed us to remove bloatware from the hpone allowing it to run smoother. But we all know that it is not enough to have this phone running to its maximum potential.

If you are interested and willing to help us out, please feel free to contact me through here or by sending me a PM.

Thank you in advance for all your work and dedication.
    Maybe the Samsung Admire community can raise a fund for some developers. The SGS4G forum did it twice for Whitehawkx and RaverX3X. They've turned out really successful too.

Just throwing out a suggestion. *shrug*
    We need as krylon symbol to shine in the sky! Lol