HTC 7 Mozart - How to Upgrade SD Card

Search This thread

ohj_17

Jul 15, 2013
Mandaluyong
Is there Any particular class of SD card that is applicable to install.. i dont think is Class 10 microSD is compatible in mozart eh..
thank you..:fingers-crossed:

AndrewSh

Jan 17, 2006
Minsk
forum.asusmobile.ru

ohj_17

Jul 15, 2013
Mandaluyong
Looks like the time has come for me also to replace the card in my wife's Mozart - it died today. Stock 8 Gb SanDisk - dead completely. Already removed it. No sign of life even in card-reader.

Updated

Inserted 16 Gb Transcend (class 10) - works perfectly so far....

Meaning 32GB class 10 will work fine when i install it?...tnx

AndrewSh

Jan 17, 2006
Minsk
forum.asusmobile.ru
Meaning 32GB class 10 will work fine when i install it?...tnx
try-before-you-buy.jpg

That's how I did it
icon10.gif
Disassembled phone can be easily switched on without re-assembling it. You will be able to check whether your card fits or not

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good News, there is a way to upgrade the HTC 7 Mozart and I have done it successfully .

I have attached an image of the zune screen showing the updated memory to 14.73GB

Cheers Andy

Now includes:

Video here
    and
    Photos here
    Ok Here is the link

Thanks Ralf

http://wp.me/p1azFB-J -try that

As you will see I just used an old class 2 16GB card that I had lying around, I think it is a Duracell brand !!. There were no problems with booting at all, just went straight to a message saying that the menu tiles were corrupt and asking for a reset. No noticable speed difference, but I will be getting a class 4 32Gb as soon as I can find one for a decent price.

Cheers
    Andy
    its too risky...probably i wont operate it like this...but a brilliant operation!!!
    would 32GB Class 6 work fine ? and also will this effect Updates from MS, is there any serials on SD card that have to match up or something like that ? (hope not)
    I dont know yet about a class 6 32Gb replacement, but I am going to order one and try myself, as I beleive it will be fine. I will let you know once I get it delivered.

BYW, in terms of speed comparison, I have non-scientifically compared my 16GB class2 with my wife's standard 8GB Class 4 and the results look almost identical, in fact in some tests loading into IE etc the Class 2 phone was quicker. I need to run some games though to test properly, as they run mainly from the SD card and any real speed variance will be most apparent then.

There are no serial numbers needed, what WP7 is doing is formating the card in a special way, hence the need for the hard reset. This is shown by the fact that the 8GB card removed from the phone is not Fat32 formatted when connected to a PC and therefore does not show up. Equally when you plug your WP7 phone into the usb slot, it does not show up as a Removable Disk so you cannot simply transfer files to it like with WM6 and before. It remains to be seen if it can be reformatted to use elswhere.

Hope that helps

Cheers
    Andy
    Wait until warranty has expired

Hi all

I have upgraded every laptop that I have owned, just after the warranty has expired. for example, I have just put a wireless N card and Bluetooth module in my HP Touchsmart TX2Z which has just gone out of warranty, and changed the keyboard over to a UK one. I wouldn't have done this when the device was under warranty, and I wouldn't take my mobile apart while it was still under warranty either.

It is reassuring to know that this procedure can be done though. I heard somewhere that you can actually buy those void stickers on the internet (ebay probably) along with replacement water damage stickers in case you have an accident in the bath!

Cheers

andrew-in-woking