[Q] Wifi Xoom. How do I get back to original state?

Search This thread

flipper2006

Jan 22, 2009
Hollywood, FL
I have a Wifi Xoom and I'm seriously thinking of returning it before my 14 days are up. It is rooted, and using the Tiamat kernel, and unlocked, how do i get this back to original way. What is the easiest way.

I really like the unit, but not to justify 600.00 with no source and no idea when source would be out. I find battery use ok, but not great, the apps are good, but i have a color nook and with NookieFroyo, and I find myself using the Nook more then Xoom. If there was Rom's etc, but at this time, we are kind of in holding pattern. Don't even know when the MicroSD will be on. Anyhow, what is the method to get everything back to normal.

Thanks

I

Ignotus

I have a Wifi Xoom and I'm seriously thinking of returning it before my 14 days are up. It is rooted, and using the Tiamat kernel, and unlocked, how do i get this back to original way. What is the easiest way.

I really like the unit, but not to justify 600.00 with no source and no idea when source would be out. I find battery use ok, but not great, the apps are good, but i have a color nook and with NookieFroyo, and I find myself using the Nook more then Xoom. If there was Rom's etc, but at this time, we are kind of in holding pattern. Don't even know when the MicroSD will be on. Anyhow, what is the method to get everything back to normal.

Thanks

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1011196
found in the same section. just search next time and you will find it.

ggrant3876

Jun 17, 2009
Wichita Falls, Texas

Thanks
I received this in a pm this morning from stevenege, as I didn't want to root my wifi xoom until I could unroot it.

It is not un-rootable nor re-lockable as of right now, the files have not been released yet for the public. 3G yes, WiFi no :-(.

It will come though, and everything will be awesome.

flipper2006

Jan 22, 2009
Hollywood, FL
Right, so how do i return this? I dont think any store would notice it, but i just will a factory reset and clean everything off it? I only rooted so i could use Adfree and Titanium Backup.

BeagleBoy

Mar 27, 2008
You can unroot it, but you can't re-oem-lock it.

If you flash the wifi system.img and boot.img found elsewhere, it will be back in a freshly unlocked but not-rooted state.

-Jim

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

I

Ignotus

I returned my xoom to staples because i tested a theme and bricked it. it was still rooted and they didn't ask. they just wanted my order number so they can exchange. same process with a return. they aren't going to run test to check if it is rooted. just factory and return.