[recovery-app] Partition scanner (mainly for emmc bricks)

Search This thread

hg42

Hi emmc bricked folks,

this is a emmc partition scanner which is mainly usable for emmc bricked phones (only Samsung?).
It's a companion software for my xda thread: "PIT file method to revive your phone from a MMC_CAP_ERASE brick".

The tools are started via "install zip" from a recovery.

emmc_scan_all_partitions_once.zip
emmc_scan_all_partitions_infinitely.zip

these allow fast scanning of all blocks of all emmc partitions in 1MiB steps.
The main purpose is to access each emmc block to find any bricked block in the partitions after repartitioning.
The "infinitely" variant runs checks infinitely, which may help to find emmc brick effects which only occur sporadically (if such effect really exists). Run this as long as you want. Reboot to finish.
If this freezes the last partition shown may have a bricked block inside.

emmc_find_brick_start.zip
emmc_find_brick_end.zip

these scan the whole emmc device.
emmc_find_brick_start starts scanning from the beginning of the device upward.
emmc_find_brick_end searches the end of the device and then scans downward.
If this runs up to the end or down to zero (showing a message with "completed --> OK"), no bricked block was found.
If it freezes, the block shown last with "..." at end of line is the first bricked block in that direction.
The line before with "-> ok" is the first usable block before/after the brick.

The tools above only read bytes from the emmc block devices, so it generally shouldn't harm anything.
Don't worry about the term "flash", because it doesn't really flash, it's only using the update mechanism of the recovery (edify scripting).
This is called fake flashing.

emmc_scan_write.zip

this is a very experimental scanner.

It is for experiments on phones, which have no obvious bad blocks in the partitions (scanned by scan_all_partitions_infintely without freeze) but still freeze randomly (without having problems with apps etc.).

It continuously creates a file of 10MB and deletes it after that.
The theory behind that:
* the wear leveler will assign different blocks each time the file is created
* the wear leveler may get a problem when assigning blocks to the file
* then it will freeze
* hopefully, if the file isn't deleted it will claim the bricked block(s), so they are not assigned again
* this will allow to isolate the blocks
* to keep those files containing bricked blocks, they are placed on the internal sd

note: the running counter is the amount written yet. It is not related to the partition size.

important:
The internal sd is determined by an environment variable EXTERNAL_STORAGE.
Despite it's name it should be the *internal* sd, instead SECONDARY_STORAGE contains the external sd.
I hope, this applies to all android OSes...please report if not.
For now you shouldn't use the tool, until you checked this:

adb shell set

If EXTERNAL_STORAGE isn't your *internal* sd, the tool will not help, because it writes on the external sd.

Some users wonder why it works so fast.

That's because it doesn't read each and every byte (like dd command or the "emmc brickbug check" app) but instead jumps in reasonable steps and in each step reads only the first byte of the chunk.
I think, reading each byte is not needed, because the flash memory is always used blockwise and the wear leveler (which has the bug) is working on the block level not the byte level. So a bricked block should always affect each byte in this block, which means reading one byte should be enough.
I choose steps of 1MiB (1024x1024 bytes), mainly because it's like parted etc., but unfortunately 1MB (1000x1000) doesn't work well so I was forced to use the MiB steps and calculated the other (currently rounded). May be the internal wear leveler block size is smaller (e.g. 256kiB = 256x1024 bytes), but it seems that the affected block area is always bigger than 1MiB. But I may rethink this decision...

when it's running slow

The scan method is very fast, I think the complete scan of the internal emmc should be done in under a minute, add several minutes for the external sd if scanning all partitions.

That said, if you get much slower performance, you probably hit an emmc bricked block. It seems the emmc brick can show up in two ways, either completely freezing the device or returning an error after a timeout which slows down the scan process significantly.

The word "FREEZE" in the descriptions above should be replaced by "freeze or slowdown".
So if it slows down, note the numbers at this point, like if the emmc freezes.

It's possible to use the scanner manually in adb (also from a terminal in the gui).

Extract file emmc-scan from one of the zips, put somewhere (=PATHTOSCANNER).
Eventually use
Code:
chmod 555 PATHTOSCANNER/emmc-scan
to make it executable (depend on how you extract it).

usage for find-brick-start:

Code:
PATHTOSCANNER/emmc-scan -p -f MMCBLOCKDEVICE

usage for find-brick-end:

Code:
PATHTOSCANNER/emmc-scan -p -b MMCBLOCKDEVICE

with e.g. MMCBLOCKDEVICE = /dev/block/mmcblk0 for N7000, etc.

example session:

Code:
unzip 120824-221256-emmc_find_brick_end.zip emmc-scan
adb root
adb push emmc-scan /cache/
adb shell chmod 555 /cache/emmc-scan
adb shell /cache/emmc-scan  -p -f /dev/block/mmcblk0

to scan all partitions of all flash memory devices automatically (using my algorithm to find the flash devices) simply use:

Code:
adb shell /cache/emmc-scan

for usage description use:

Code:
adb shell /cache/emmc-scan -H

which outputs something like this:

Code:
usage:
  emmc-scan [-f | -b] [-a] [-p] [DEVICE | PARTITION]
  emmc-scan -w [-a] [-p] DIRECTORY
  emmc-scan -H

operations:
  -f         forward,  scan from begin to end of device
  -b         backward, scan from end to begin of device
  -w         write to writable partitions (fill with small files)
targets
  -a         scan all partitions
  DEVICE     device    to be scanned           (e.g. /dev/block/mmcblk0 )
  PARTITION  partition to be scanned           (e.g. /dev/block/mmcblk0p10 )
  DIRECTORY  directory to be filled with files (e.g. /data, /sdcard )

other:
  -p         print position while scanning
  -c         print CR after position
  -H         output this help text

comments:
  - scanning/writing is done in 0 byte steps (0 MiB)
  - multiple devices/partitions/-a can be given with different options
  - devices are scanned with all options given before

examples:
  emmc-scan -b mmcblk0p10
    scan /dev/block/mmcblk0p10 backward
  emmc-scan -f -a -b /dev/block/mmcblk0
    scan all partitions forward and mmcblk0 backward

To use the scanner with a terminal app in the android gui,
you ommit "adb shell",
so the example session would look like this:

Code:
chmod 555 /cache/emmc-scan
/cache/emmc-scan  -p -f /dev/block/mmcblk0

There were several problems to be solved, mainly:

* seek, setpos functions not working for big partitions (only 4 byte numbers)
* dd command with skip= also not working for big partitions
* finding the emmc device(s)
* finding all emmc partitions to be scanned
* finding the end of a partition without working seek/setpos and without touching a block
* showing live outputs from the program in recovery (unfortunately doesn't work with \r)

the zips are now signed (but see "known bugs" section below).

currently tested on:

* Samsung Galaxy Note N7000

please report if it works for your phone model (e.g. finds the correct partitions) if it's not on the compatibility list.

known bugs:

* the signed zips may not work with stock recovery (1 report but no reports after changing the signing method)

Disclaimer: of course I cannot give any guaranties.

Please don't copy or link directly to an attachment. Link to the whole thread instead.
I will probably update this first post and the attachments frequently, at least until all calms down.

Attachments

• 120824-151927-emmc_scan_all_partitions_once.zip
    400.7 KB · Views: 15,446
  • 120824-151927-emmc_scan_all_partitions_infinitely.zip
    400.8 KB · Views: 8,480
  • 120824-151927-emmc_find_brick_end.zip
    400.7 KB · Views: 15,631
  • 120824-151927-emmc_find_brick_start.zip
    400.7 KB · Views: 17,907
  • 120824-220105-emmc_scan_write.zip
    402.7 KB · Views: 8,478
Last edited:

tannykim

Jan 24, 2011
Hi emmc bricked folks (and perhaps others),

I just created a emmc partition scanner which is mainly usable for emmc bricked phones (only Samsung?).

It is started via install zip from recovery.

It allows fast scanning of blocks in 1MiB steps of all emmc partitions.
The main purpose is to access each emmc block to find any bricked partition after repartitioning.

There were several problems to be solved.
Mainly
* showing live outputs from the program in recovery

Please report, if it works for each unreported phone model. I will add a compatibility list and try to fix incompatibilities.

currently tested on:

Thank you for the post,
I need to try...
However, is it okay to flash this with STOCK ICS ROM?

tannykim

Jan 24, 2011
yes, this software only reads, so generally cannot harm.
It doesn't really flash, it's only using the update mechanism of the recovery (scripting).

Please let me know if I am wrong.
I think I can only run signature confirmed flash with STOCK ROM.
Could you please confirm I can flash this with STOCK KERNEL [3.0.15-N7000XXLPY-CL474507] ?

xpomar

Sep 13, 2011
please i neeed a good help whene its ok with custom partition but after flashing stock pit i have a good black screen i cant access to nothing either with jig :(

Mario1968

Jan 1, 2012
Roma
Please let me know if I am wrong.
I think I can only run signature confirmed flash with STOCK ROM.
Could you please confirm I can flash this with STOCK KERNEL [3.0.15-N7000XXLPY-CL474507] ?

this might be, I am using custom ROMs all the time (mostly cm9).

But anyway, it's better to flash a custom kernel in these times (emmc brick is waiting).

Hi hg42, I'm on S2, but I think your work is great for all user that have bricked their devices, so any question: there is a cwm.zip for note (a temporary CWM flashable from the stock recovery like on S2)? If yes this can answer the question of tannykim.
Thank you
Mario

Inviato dal mio Galaxy S2 con Tapatalk2®
XWLPF Stock
Siyah 4.1 beta 6
Jkay V14.1

hg42

there is a cwm.zip for note (a temporary CWM flashable from the stock recovery like on S2)? If yes this can answer the question of tannykim.

yes, you are right, I didn't think of it.

So he can flash cwm.zip and from cwm flash the scanner

But again I would not stay on stock ics kernel.
Too much danger to brick again.

Btw, this cwm.zip together with the stock ics kernel will cause the brick if wiping.

Newer cm recoveries and I think current chainfire's versions don't brick with the dangerous stock ics kernel.

Last edited:

tannykim

Jan 24, 2011
yes, you are right, I didn't think of it.

So he can flash cwm.zip and from cwm flash the scanner

But again I would not stay on stock ics kernel.
Too much danger to brick again.

Btw, this cwm.zip together with the stock ics kernel will cause the brick if wiping.

Newer cm recoveries and I think current chainfire's versions don't brick with the dangerous stock ics kernel.

I do not want to stay on stock but if I do not try anything [root... Custom OS...] There will be no further issue with STOCK...
I do want to have Rocket ROM but there is no way I can get Odin file for Custom ROM. After PIT change Odin installation is more efficient from my experiences. I tried to start with GB then Root and Wipe then Flash Custom ROM in recovery, but it is not stable after these process.
I am not expert so I need someone who have better experiences and knowledge on this.......
As I already posted on PIT post, I tried more than 50 times and I found most stable method, which is
1. Odin Flashing PIT file.
2. Odin Flashing CM9 safe kernel.
3. Boot in recovery Wipe everything / format everything
4. Odin Flashing Stock ICS ROM.
I can not use my Note same as before the Bricked...[No more many apps/No more multitasking....]
However I did not have any freeze and force to restart...

Reactions: MohElShafei

MohElShafei

Jul 2, 2011
Cairo
Dear hg42,

As tannykim said, I don't know what is happening with may Note too, it do exactly that same as his SGN !!!!!!!!!
Now I'm able to locate the bad blocks .. and I'm surly out of these blocks in my eMMC structure now. I did everything to make sure that FACTORYFS, DATAFS, and UMS partitions are in clear blocks, even though, random restarts, freezing, and hanging all the time.

Note: RECOVERY, CACHE, and KERNEL are also in clear blocks (after running the Partition Scanner app).

I also did a check that certainly made me sure that the I'm in a clear area in UMS. I mounted my SGN in the PC after flashing a ROM, then I copied to/from anything in the UMS partition till its full (more than a time) and it works like a charm, with no hangs at all. That made me certain that these blocks are OK. Even though, it hangs!!!!!. In addition I did the following checks:
  • Run the Partition Scanner app and shows no errors at all.
  • Did the DD command scan method, and shows no errors in all partitions (from forest1971 post)
  • Did the e2fsck check method, and shows no errors (from forest1971 post)
  • I can wipe all partitions in Recovery without any errors or hangs at all
  • I can install all types of roms without errors, no hangs in FACTORYFS image in odin at all

Now I'm about to go mad, everything is fine, I'm out of bad blocks, even though; freezing all the time and Force Close !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY??

I noticed also that ICS stock ROM installed without the Lock Screen, strange!!!

Is there any explanation of what my phone is doing?

Thanks a lot for your efforts hg42, you rock :)

Mohamed

Last edited:

hg42

I do not want to stay on stock
I do want to have Rocket ROM but there is no way I can get Odin file for Custom ROM.

ok

After PIT change Odin installation is more efficient from my experiences.

but there should be absolutely no difference.

Either you have other problems or the emmc brick behaves different in your case.
I can imagine, that a problem like the emmc brick, which is to be located in the wear leveler could produce any kind of errors.
It may just like a faulty memory.

I remember when reviving my phone, the start offset of the bricked blocks was higher first and then moved some 100 MB.
So my very first attempt didn't work, because some good blocks changed to bad blocks, so factoryfs freezed again.

Perhaps you may scan multiple times (the more the better in this case) to be sure it works reliably...

I tried to start with GB then Root and Wipe then Flash Custom ROM in recovery, but it is not stable after these process.

what is unstable then?

1. Odin Flashing PIT file.
2. Odin Flashing CM9 safe kernel.
3. Boot in recovery Wipe everything / format everything
4. Odin Flashing Stock ICS ROM.
I can not use my Note same as before the Bricked...[No more many apps/No more multitasking....]
However I did not have any freeze and force to restart...

this shouldn't be like this. E.g. the data partition has the same size afterwards, so the maximum count of apps should be the same.
What do you mean with "no multitasking"? You cannot switch between apps or such?
With absolutely *no* multitasking the OS wouldn't work.

What happens if you install cm9 (stable) in step 4?

Btw. do you do all these tests with a clean new system without any bloat? Or do you restore apps e.g. via Titanium backup?

tannykim

Jan 24, 2011
what is unstable then?
- It keep freeze and randomly shut down

this shouldn't be like this. E.g. the data partition has the same size afterwards, so the maximum count of apps should be the same.
What do you mean with "no multitasking"? You cannot switch between apps or such? -If I want to switch between apps. Note get freeze step and do not do anything even screen stop.-
With absolutely *no* multitasking the OS wouldn't work.

What happens if you install cm9 (stable) in step 4? -I will try to flash the Rocket Rom V10 since your OP state Odin flash is best way to install the ROM I followed your OP. However, I will try and report that.-

Btw. do you do all these tests with a clean new system without any bloat? Or do you restore apps e.g. via Titanium backup?[/QUOTE]
-I did all these tests with a clean new system without any bloat. I am not sure what bloat you means but I did not have any backup since I lost all my data from the first bricked situations HaHa-

hg42

It keep freeze and randomly shut down

you may try the new indefinite scanner, may be it finds a bricked block after many iterations.

The speculative theory behind that assumes the wear leveler which assigns free blocks to a write request may sometime assign a bricked block.
This would then result in random freezes (which usually reboot the phone after many seconds, if you wait patiently).

Reactions: aDEO

hg42

signed zips (hopefully)

update:

the zips should now be signed.
Those with stock recovery, please report failure and success.

EDIT: someone reported the zips still don't work with stock recovery.
I assume I have to dig deeper into the signing

Last edited:
Reactions: aDEO

biostar

Sep 22, 2010
esfehan
sry for my bad english

when i use emmc_find_brick_start.zip , it's process Stop on 834MB
when i use emmc_find_brick_end.zip , it's Stop on 3064 MB

i use ( Q1_20110914_16GB-patched-regain-1126400-kB.pit ) pit file

any better pit file for me?

hg42

Last edited:
Reactions: aDEO and biostar

aDEO

Jul 28, 2007
Bruxelles
www.adeo.hit.bg
I updated the emmc scanner tools with another signing method applied.

Hope this works now on stock recoveries...please report success or failure

Hello hg42,

I have just flashed back a stock ICS recovery to test the signature verification, but unfortunately it failed with the standard message:

Code:
E:signature verification failed

Please, let me know if you need more tests.

Best regards,
aDEO

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi emmc bricked folks,

this is a emmc partition scanner which is mainly usable for emmc bricked phones (only Samsung?).
    It's a companion software for my xda thread: "PIT file method to revive your phone from a MMC_CAP_ERASE brick".

The tools are started via "install zip" from a recovery.

emmc_scan_all_partitions_once.zip
    emmc_scan_all_partitions_infinitely.zip

these allow fast scanning of all blocks of all emmc partitions in 1MiB steps.
    The main purpose is to access each emmc block to find any bricked block in the partitions after repartitioning.
    The "infinitely" variant runs checks infinitely, which may help to find emmc brick effects which only occur sporadically (if such effect really exists). Run this as long as you want. Reboot to finish.
    If this freezes the last partition shown may have a bricked block inside.

emmc_find_brick_start.zip
    emmc_find_brick_end.zip

these scan the whole emmc device.
    emmc_find_brick_start starts scanning from the beginning of the device upward.
    emmc_find_brick_end searches the end of the device and then scans downward.
    If this runs up to the end or down to zero (showing a message with "completed --> OK"), no bricked block was found.
    If it freezes, the block shown last with "..." at end of line is the first bricked block in that direction.
    The line before with "-> ok" is the first usable block before/after the brick.

The tools above only read bytes from the emmc block devices, so it generally shouldn't harm anything.
    Don't worry about the term "flash", because it doesn't really flash, it's only using the update mechanism of the recovery (edify scripting).
    This is called fake flashing.

emmc_scan_write.zip

this is a very experimental scanner.

It is for experiments on phones, which have no obvious bad blocks in the partitions (scanned by scan_all_partitions_infintely without freeze) but still freeze randomly (without having problems with apps etc.).

It continuously creates a file of 10MB and deletes it after that.
    The theory behind that:
    * the wear leveler will assign different blocks each time the file is created
    * the wear leveler may get a problem when assigning blocks to the file
    * then it will freeze
    * hopefully, if the file isn't deleted it will claim the bricked block(s), so they are not assigned again
    * this will allow to isolate the blocks
    * to keep those files containing bricked blocks, they are placed on the internal sd

note: the running counter is the amount written yet. It is not related to the partition size.

important:
    The internal sd is determined by an environment variable EXTERNAL_STORAGE.
    Despite it's name it should be the *internal* sd, instead SECONDARY_STORAGE contains the external sd.
    I hope, this applies to all android OSes...please report if not.
    For now you shouldn't use the tool, until you checked this:

adb shell set

If EXTERNAL_STORAGE isn't your *internal* sd, the tool will not help, because it writes on the external sd.

Some users wonder why it works so fast.

That's because it doesn't read each and every byte (like dd command or the "emmc brickbug check" app) but instead jumps in reasonable steps and in each step reads only the first byte of the chunk.
    I think, reading each byte is not needed, because the flash memory is always used blockwise and the wear leveler (which has the bug) is working on the block level not the byte level. So a bricked block should always affect each byte in this block, which means reading one byte should be enough.
    I choose steps of 1MiB (1024x1024 bytes), mainly because it's like parted etc., but unfortunately 1MB (1000x1000) doesn't work well so I was forced to use the MiB steps and calculated the other (currently rounded). May be the internal wear leveler block size is smaller (e.g. 256kiB = 256x1024 bytes), but it seems that the affected block area is always bigger than 1MiB. But I may rethink this decision...

when it's running slow

The scan method is very fast, I think the complete scan of the internal emmc should be done in under a minute, add several minutes for the external sd if scanning all partitions.

That said, if you get much slower performance, you probably hit an emmc bricked block. It seems the emmc brick can show up in two ways, either completely freezing the device or returning an error after a timeout which slows down the scan process significantly.

The word "FREEZE" in the descriptions above should be replaced by "freeze or slowdown".
    So if it slows down, note the numbers at this point, like if the emmc freezes.

It's possible to use the scanner manually in adb (also from a terminal in the gui).

Extract file emmc-scan from one of the zips, put somewhere (=PATHTOSCANNER).
    Eventually use
    Code:
    chmod 555 PATHTOSCANNER/emmc-scan
    to make it executable (depend on how you extract it).

usage for find-brick-start:

Code:
    PATHTOSCANNER/emmc-scan -p -f MMCBLOCKDEVICE

usage for find-brick-end:

Code:
    PATHTOSCANNER/emmc-scan -p -b MMCBLOCKDEVICE

with e.g. MMCBLOCKDEVICE = /dev/block/mmcblk0 for N7000, etc.

example session:

Code:
    unzip 120824-221256-emmc_find_brick_end.zip emmc-scan
    adb root
    adb push emmc-scan /cache/
    adb shell chmod 555 /cache/emmc-scan
    adb shell /cache/emmc-scan  -p -f /dev/block/mmcblk0

to scan all partitions of all flash memory devices automatically (using my algorithm to find the flash devices) simply use:

Code:
    adb shell /cache/emmc-scan

for usage description use:

Code:
    adb shell /cache/emmc-scan -H

which outputs something like this:

Code:
    usage:
      emmc-scan [-f | -b] [-a] [-p] [DEVICE | PARTITION]
      emmc-scan -w [-a] [-p] DIRECTORY
      emmc-scan -H

operations:
      -f         forward,  scan from begin to end of device
      -b         backward, scan from end to begin of device
      -w         write to writable partitions (fill with small files)
    targets
      -a         scan all partitions
      DEVICE     device    to be scanned           (e.g. /dev/block/mmcblk0 )
      PARTITION  partition to be scanned           (e.g. /dev/block/mmcblk0p10 )
      DIRECTORY  directory to be filled with files (e.g. /data, /sdcard )

other:
      -p         print position while scanning
      -c         print CR after position
      -H         output this help text

comments:
      - scanning/writing is done in 0 byte steps (0 MiB)
      - multiple devices/partitions/-a can be given with different options
      - devices are scanned with all options given before

examples:
      emmc-scan -b mmcblk0p10
        scan /dev/block/mmcblk0p10 backward
      emmc-scan -f -a -b /dev/block/mmcblk0
        scan all partitions forward and mmcblk0 backward

To use the scanner with a terminal app in the android gui,
    you ommit "adb shell",
    so the example session would look like this:

Code:
    chmod 555 /cache/emmc-scan
    /cache/emmc-scan  -p -f /dev/block/mmcblk0

There were several problems to be solved, mainly:

* finding the emmc device(s)
    * finding the end of a partition without working seek/setpos and without touching a block
    * showing live outputs from the program in recovery (unfortunately doesn't work with \r)

the zips are now signed (but see "known bugs" section below).

currently tested on:

please report if it works for your phone model (e.g. finds the correct partitions) if it's not on the compatibility list.

known bugs:

* the signed zips may not work with stock recovery (1 report but no reports after changing the signing method)

Disclaimer: of course I cannot give any guaranties.

Please don't copy or link directly to an attachment. Link to the whole thread instead.
    I will probably update this first post and the attachments frequently, at least until all calms down.
    thanks for testing this.

But now I'm sad... :) I don't see what's missing.

Any suggestions how to sign the zips?

Hi hg42, for signing the zip you can ask to Phil3759 in this thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=30120604
    And look at this link: http://www.xinotes.org/notes/note/996/

Hope this help you
    Mario

XWLPF Stock
    Siyah 4.1 beta 6
    Jkay V14.1
    Thank you for the information hg42,
    I am not sure how I can find safe spot for my GN to install....
    Also, is there any way we can change wear leveler firmware? In your theory, it has bug to made wrong administration structure. Even we had brick, there was no physical damage on the Chip.
    BTW for your shut down question.
    I did wait more than 30min but I was afraid to have over heat so I force to restart.
    Whenever I did freeze and restart process, GN got heat up so when I feel hot on GN I unplug battery to protect GN.

I am going to study more about wear leveler and I will need to find the way to fix.
    I am still believe there is nothing we can not fix.
    Thank you hg42

Hi tannykim, I've read in S2 thread that the Samsung tech have a tool for program the firmware of the bad emmc chip (0x19), but after that the device need to be jtagged because can't handle a completely empty Emmc (situation came after the new emmc firmware flash), so they decided to not release this tool:(
    I hope they find a solution to automate the flash of new firmware on emmc then flash a bootloader that permit the device to enter in download mode, all of this in one power cycle without reboot:thumbup:
    Mario

XWLPF Stock
    Siyah 4.1 beta 6
    Jkay V14.1
    sry for my bad english

when i use emmc_find_brick_start.zip , it's process Stop on 834MB
    when i use emmc_find_brick_end.zip , it's Stop on 3064 MB

i use ( Q1_20110914_16GB-patched-regain-1126400-kB.pit ) pit file

any better pit file for me?

note, this is a general android thread.

I'll answer in the PIT thread instead.
    Thank you for the post,
    I need to try...
    However, is it okay to flash this with STOCK ICS ROM?

yes, this software only reads, so generally cannot harm.
    It doesn't really flash, it's only using the update mechanism of the recovery (scripting).