[Full guide][XM single] How to have full root and use gl2sd,link2sd[]

Search This thread

ansebovi

OK so I must create a folder in SD card named "0" (zero or capital O?.) and move all my internal memory data to that folder (should I move all the Internal memory data or just the data in "O" folder?.) and flash the zip via CWM recovery? Right bhai? And what about my SD card data? Will it gets formatted in this process?

create zero "0" ,,,put all of folder and files of external memory card[not internal data and folder] into the zero folder which is in created by u in external memory card...and then use universal init.d from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1933849
use it and activate init.d then flash or manually copy the script which is extracted from that zip to system/etc/init.d/ and give permission with rwx-rwx-rwx and reboot

Last edited:

syedafzal.shah

Dec 29, 2013
warangal, Telangana

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-26-01-07-47.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-26-01-07-47.png
    106.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

syedafzal.shah

Dec 29, 2013
warangal, Telangana
create zero "0" ,,,put all of folder and files of external memory card[not internal data and folder] into the zero folder which is in created by u in external memory card...and then use universal init.d from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1933849
use it and activate init.d then flash or manually copy the script which is extracted from that zip to system/etc/init.d/ and give permission with rwx-rwx-rwx and reboot

But here in that original thread he says to copy internal memory "ForCyanogenMod 11and other 4.4Hide1.Create on external sdcard folder0and move there all data from internal storage2.Flash via recovery ZIP attached below– External memory as before linked to actual sdcard– Internal memory now linked to external sdcard: files located in folder0– No access toreal2 GB internal memory " and not said about universal init.d.. I am running CM 11 BETA 5 on Xperia M single Sim with baseband 4.3 unlocked bootloader

Last edited:

ansebovi

But here in that original thread he says to copy internal memory "ForCyanogenMod 11and other 4.4Hide1.Create on external sdcard folder0and move there all data from internal storage2.Flash via recovery ZIP attached below– External memory as before linked to actual sdcard– Internal memory now linked to external sdcard: files located in folder0– No access toreal2 GB internal memory " and not said about universal init.d.. I am running CM 11 BETA 5 on Xperia M single Sim with baseband 4.3 unlocked bootloader

k try with that method...if that doesnt work use mine...since i m not using cm11 ..i dont know the method....but the method i gave works on 4.3/..

syedafzal.shah

Dec 29, 2013
warangal, Telangana
did u uninstalled the game? if yes..it will also get delete
Oh yes.. I uninstalled that... Cha... And after I swap the Memory, what should I do to undo the process? If I remove the memory card and install any file will its install in internal memory? Or if memory card stops working or gets formatted, or I insert any new memory card does the files install on SD card or internal memory?

ansebovi

Oh yes.. I uninstalled that... Cha... And after I swap the Memory, what should I do to undo the process? If I remove the memory card and install any file will its install in internal memory? Or if memory card stops working or gets formatted, or I insert any new memory card does the files install on SD card or internal memory?

apps will be installed in internal only...but the data or obb files of big games will be stored in sd...

ansebovi

Can I flash another Rom or another Beta version of cm 11 after swapping my memory?? And if flash another rom on build of cm, where will it be installed then?? @bobobo , @ansebovi

bro please understand this,,.this swap is a script which runs on phone...it is not depend on sd....so if u change ur rom..script will be deleted ...so sd will be again in normal state[as external]...u should place the script again...and rom are always installed in system ...it will never ever on sd..

syedafzal.shah

Dec 29, 2013
warangal, Telangana
bro please understand this,,.this swap is a script which runs on phone...it is not depend on sd....so if u change ur rom..script will be deleted ...so sd will be again in normal state[as external]...u should place the script again...and rom are always installed in system ...it will never ever on sd..
OK OK.. Thanks yaar... You are very helpful.. Thanks a lot... Good to have people like you..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi guys ...this is for those need full root and the locked bootloaders of M who are wondering y the phone reboots when mounting on gl2sd...and tried a lot to fix it...
    so here the fix...
    definitely not by me....
    u have to be rooted for this....

[B]Follow the instructions...[/B]
    FOR ROOT[Half root]:
    1. use http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2529561 to root ur device
    2. now download and install Busybox[https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stericson.busybox&hl=en]
    3. now open busybox and wait till it loads...after that make sure the path is /system/xbin then give smart install

till now your phone rooted and busybox installed but u will be having reboot if u try to edit system app..or mounting RW in system or link2sd,gl2sd reboot on mount..[some says this as Half root]...follow next for reboot fix[full root]

FOR REBOOT FIX [Full root]:
    u should use the busybox for this fix to work...so dont miss the above procedure..
    1. Download the http://www.2shared.com/file/e9sDTGJk/rootfixer.html? Tool By Anto Kus
    2. Unzip it somewhere you remember
    3. connect ur phone to pc
    4. then run supersu.bat when prompted grant root access on phone
    5. your xm will reboot,Once phone reboots wait for pc to detect phone again then finish supersu.bat then unplug device
    6. Done!

Upto this strictly for M user...
    the guide below can be used in any android device

Guide to use SD card for storing apps and Games
    FOR storing apps:use LINK2SD:
    Get the app from here:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buak.Link2SD
    first guys XM/Mdual dont support ext4....please format ur sd 2nd partition to fat32...then u can link the apps....or else u will endup in bootloop...
    use mini partition tools for windows...its easy to use...and easy to create a partition....
    and connect your phone with MSC mode to PC for partitioning with the mini partition...which will in settings/xperia/usb connectivity/usb connection mode..
    see here http://www.xperiablog.net/2011/12/12/link2sd-guide-never-worry-about-internal-memory-limits-again/
    and follow the procedure in that site after 3rd step that is backup sd step in that site....[dont try to use that method of rooting...its not for m,just use guide for Creation of partition] ...
    and how to link all given on above site...so now we can link apps which is going to be stored on SD 2nd partiton

FOR storing Game data and how to play game:use GL2SD:
    get the app from here:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.slf.ListglApp
    Guide:
    first whatever game u need to play...use some website to download them ...bcoz u wont have space required in internal sdcard if u want to download from playstore...
    so i assume u have downloaded the game apk + data from some website....and u have extracrted the zip or rar to somewhere in pc...
    1.copy the apk to sdcard1...[Note:sdcard1 is ur external sdcard]
    2.see the data folder...
    mostly data folder has game name inside them mostly android/obb/game name/ or android/data/game name/ [game name will start as com.xxxxxx.yyy] structure will be followed and
    some gameloft or reputed company will have their company name/games/game name/ [game name will start as com.xxxxxx.yyy] structure for games
    3.now if it has .obb format file inside the above given structures...then copy game name folder and place them in sdcard1/obb/ [eg:sdcard1/obb/com.rockstar.gta3/xxyyyy.obb]
    or if it has many folders and files inside the above structure....then copy the game name folder and place them in sdcard1/data/ [eg:sdcard1/data/com.rockstar.gta3/]
    4.now install game.apk from sdcard1 and open gl2sd
    5.click mount [the joined chain symbol at top] and click play the game...if u didnt see game on list ...just open setting go down and click recover list
    6.if u download some medium size game like 250mb directly from playstore..then open gl2sd and click top right button and choose move data and wait till it moves data] after that ur game data is stored on sdcard1 ....now play with same step 5
    7.if game didnt open or cant play or some error...restart ur phone...and repeat the 5th step...
    8.if game work..cool but remember to unmount[unlinked chain on top] after u finished playing games..or u cant paste anything in sdcard1
    [Note:To run game you must mount after every reboot and unmount if u r going to copy some files to sdcard1]

if u cant understand what i said about gl2sd
    see this video..maybe it will help u.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adLQgWyYIXQ

now u can mount any app or game to sdcard1...

credits to
    dunc4n88
    Anto Kus
    Xzn
    Hendrico Andre and Muhammad Arif
    esrom02
    and to link2sd,gl2sd app developers
    Well, here we are again trying to full-root my Xperia M.

This time I took my girlfriends Xperia M and followed the steps, hers has same firmware as mine. And it all worked perfect. No problems at all to get the full root. One thing I noticed different is that when I used the the Anto Kus Tool on my girlfriend's phone it only rebooted once during the whole procedure while with mine it rebooted twice (the second time right at the point where the Anto Kus tool says "Wait a few seconds to see if it worked ok then..." then my phone reboots a second time while with hers it didn't. I am assuming that that check is to see if the RW works. And of course mine always reboots as I have been explaining for the past week as I am not achieving the full root.

So there is something wrong with my phone. I need to totally erase it and start all over to reinstall the Sony Android OS etc. But I don't know how to do that so I will open a new thread and ask how...

So the moral of this story is that yes, the instructions work fine however not with every phone. With mine it doesn't, then I followed the same procedure that I had used on mine with her Xperia M and it did work fine, first time.

Well, it worked fine first time for me. Anyway, if you want to reflash stock firmware then use Sony's PCC. Go to Update and then repair (assuming you have a locked bootloader, if you don't then download an FTF and flash it)

This message was brought to you from my Sony Xperia M C1905 using Tapatalk.
    in gl2sd
    When I click mount the device reboot and after reboot not mounted
    I think the device Can not read memory card
    please help me
    thanks for your efforts

u must read xda rules properly...dont quote or reply OP post...edit ur post and delete the quotes
    and u r using this thread to root?
    if u r then...search for XM dual rooting guide...this is for XM single..
    Hi and thanks for the guide!

I've successfully (at least without errors) completed all steps you mention for a full root, but my xperia m still reboots when i try to delete system apps. Can you help me there?

r u sure u did install the given busybox?
    bcoz my frnd using XM single gave this method...
    and i seen some one told this way is to get full root.
    Thanks for this post @OP
    m a noob at all this but hv been visiting xda forums since I purchased my xperia M 2 months back.
    I have successfully rooted my phone, installed link2sd after lots of trials and now m facing an error while updating any system app.
    It says : insufficient storage available
    Is thr any solution to that, so that I can update my apps like Google Maps etc.

Ah yes, I got that too. But I was tinkering with Link2SD setting so I can't be sure.
    I fixed it by going into Link2SD Plus (running Plus if it makes difference) and selected settings -> Install Location -> Automatic
    I did have the option 'External' set, cause I thought that made more scene, but maybe some apps need the option of Internal or External.

Have a look and see if this applies to your problem.