Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I KILLED MY PHONE

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

phagel

Aug 30, 2011
I skipped the part where you had to erase all your phone data (see, I didnt want to reinstall and reconfigure everything) so I went forward with it anyway...

Worked like a charm (thanks a lot), except SuperUser kept crashing every time it was needed.
Tried to update it, reinstall it, nothiing solved the issue.

So I went back to re-do the root, but this time I replaced the superuser.apk with a new one, as explained by lilus on post #11 (page 2 of this thread).

And this time it all worked out!

So thanks a lot!

And no, you do not have to delete/backup all your data to root your phone.

mkmkader

Feb 26, 2011
dear friend im not able to download the two files posted. plzz give me another link for those archives and driver pack

ran495

Aug 31, 2011
hi guys was wondering if i can ask for your help. im stuck in step 2 actually. Whenever i click on the driver. it reaches up to the windows is installing then just disappears. whenever i plug in my LGP500 theres always a driver bug saying that the ADB interface was not installed successfully. Bec of this (im guessing) whenever i type adb shell, it always says error: device not found. can anyone help me out? i tried reisntalling the lg support tool several times but i dont know how else to fix this. a little help please?

dubravk0

Aug 15, 2007
Zagreb
www.ppcdoctor.co.nr
hi guys was wondering if i can ask for your help. im stuck in step 2 actually. Whenever i click on the driver. it reaches up to the windows is installing then just disappears. whenever i plug in my LGP500 theres always a driver bug saying that the ADB interface was not installed successfully. Bec of this (im guessing) whenever i type adb shell, it always says error: device not found. can anyone help me out? i tried reisntalling the lg support tool several times but i dont know how else to fix this. a little help please?

few questions

1. what windows version is yours
2. if you tried to previously root device, uninstall all software
3. follow the tutorial line by line
4. tell us was it helpfull

ran495

Aug 31, 2011
few questions

1. what windows version is yours
2. if you tried to previously root device, uninstall all software
3. follow the tutorial line by line
4. tell us was it helpfull

hi thanks for responding. here are the need to knows

1. i have windows xp
2. nope this would be my first time rooting
3. yup im actually stuck at step 2, which is the "install drive"
4. ill let you know once we figure this out ;P

ran495

Aug 31, 2011

sorry i dont wana sound spam-ish but any suggestions guys?

dubravk0

Aug 15, 2007
Zagreb
www.ppcdoctor.co.nr
sorry i dont wana sound spam-ish but any suggestions guys?

ok, have you deinstalled adb from previous attempt to root?
if yes, then do exactly as said on tut, or for better help and assist, install teamwiewer and skype, add me glinac.dubravko and i will assist you remotely. Send teamwiever id and pass via pm, after we finish, you deinstall or change teamwiever pass

p.s. can you download files from tut?

ran495

Aug 31, 2011
well the thing is i dont know if i installed it in the first place... looking at my control panel, i have the ff lg drivers in place:

LG SP USB driver
LG United Mobile Drivers
LG USB WML Modem Driver

I tried installing the downlaing the driver.msi file on the first page, but for some reason, after the "preparing to install" pops up... the whole thing just disappears so i think it doesnt install at all... im not really sure why...

but yeah i got the driver.msi downloaded and the root.rar file on my desktop already.

Puru.Ram

Apr 23, 2011
Bengaluru
few things i need to know

I would like to write in croatian, but... ok, i had two files on my comp. for older versions, but, i rooted mine 2.2.2 with gingerbreak file, i can post tutorial, or if u want to send u files and tut on mail.

this is my first post in xda.... wanna know if i root my phone which is android 2.2.2
what will be my phone os version then...
if i end up doing it wrong can i make it work again....at-least without rooting

plz do send me the tut of rooting 2.2.2

rcypurusha@gmail.com

developer++

Aug 16, 2011
Mumbai
this is my first post in xda.... wanna know if i root my phone which is android 2.2.2
what will be my phone os version then...
if i end up doing it wrong can i make it work again....at-least without rooting

plz do send me the tut of rooting 2.2.2

rcypurusha@gmail.com

You can root 2.2.2 with Gingerbreak v1.2. Do a search here at XDA and you will find the tutorial.

Rooting is the process by which you gain Admin privileges for your phone, same as in Windows where you have accounts with Administrator access. It does not change you OS so it will remain the same after you root your device.

dubravk0

Aug 15, 2007
Zagreb
www.ppcdoctor.co.nr
well the thing is i dont know if i installed it in the first place... looking at my control panel, i have the ff lg drivers in place:

LG SP USB driver
LG United Mobile Drivers
LG USB WML Modem Driver

I tried installing the downlaing the driver.msi file on the first page, but for some reason, after the "preparing to install" pops up... the whole thing just disappears so i think it doesnt install at all... im not really sure why...

but yeah i got the driver.msi downloaded and the root.rar file on my desktop already.

uninstall all. restart cpu, install driver.msi and try again

dubravk0

Aug 15, 2007
Zagreb
www.ppcdoctor.co.nr
You can root 2.2.2 with Gingerbreak v1.2. Do a search here at XDA and you will find the tutorial.

Rooting is the process by which you gain Admin privileges for your phone, same as in Windows where you have accounts with Administrator access. It does not change you OS so it will remain the same after you root your device.

i sent you email, maybe it is in spam folder, you will see my name in sender name. if dont, just transfer this file to sd card, enable non market apps in settings -> applications and install file. after that, run file and select root my phone. that is all about it

jabbeboy

Dec 26, 2010
I cant get my phone rooted using the exact method as you describe.....
The only problem that i have is that SuperOneClick hangs, at Root #6...
Anyone?? I really want to root my O1:D:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After so many nights without sleep, i found solution for rooting new LG P500 official rom update.

DO THIS ON YOUR OWN RISK, I WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE !!!

Read instructions carefully

First of all, download archive from here and extract it to your desktop
    And download driver pack from here

1. Back up all data with ASTRO file manager, you can find it on market.
    2. Hard reset your phone either with system->privacy->erase all data or turning your phone off, and holding HOME,VOLUME DOWN and POWER BUTTON.
    3. After phone boots up, you have clean file system, then go to Applications, and turn on USB Debugging mode

NOW THE FUNNY PART

1. Connect your phone with usb cables, make sure you have installed all the drivers needed, and connect phone in DEBUGGING Mode (provided a bit upper on this post)
    2. In the extracted folder called root on your desktop, go to ADB folder and start cmd7.exe if u run win7 or cmdXP.exe (run as administrator in both options) if ur pc runs win XP. (your address bar should like something like this: C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME HERE\Desktop\root\ADB
    3. After starting cmd7 or cmdXP, type following commands
    Code:
    adb devices
    then
    Code:
    adb shell
    (symbol will change to $ or #) and copy paste following command into your terminal
    Code:
    echo 1 > /data/local/lge_adb.conf
    4. After doing this, REBOOT YOUR PHONE
    5. After reboot, go to root folder on desktop again, and start SuperOneClick.exe
    6. Select GingerBreak method and press root button
    7. After few seconds VOILA !!! You have rooted Optimus One.
    8. REBOOT PHONE and update superuser app from market (mine was updated automatically)

To unroot device, follow steps from 1 to 6 in FUNNY PART and select unroot instead gingerbreak. and you will have unrooted device

I tried to root all kinds with android SDK and many others, and always had problems with force close. Running on this method for 3 days, and have no errors.

This is my tutorial, if u consider it helpfull, think about donating for cofee or beer.

Comments, Questions... post it below, i will read them and answer ASAP

EDIT : If you want to have beautiful CRT OFF Animation on your phone read tut here be sure to backup phonebook mine was deleted, but now i have crt off animation, which i looooove and think that is the second best thing to do after rooting :D:D:D
    VIDEO IS LOCATED HERE
    @dailywazi and others

Here is reupload of software which is needed for rooting our phones :D

SuperOneClick with everything needed for rooting:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11432276/Root.rar

Android USB modem driver (works on Win7 x64 and Windows 8 x64/x86 (tested and works like charm)) :

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11432276/LGAndroidDriver_Ver_1.0_All.zip

Tutorial link:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16276502&postcount=1

For any help contact me on PM and hit THANKS if this post helped you :D
    i tried the above method and was successful but the problem is that superuser app crashes when some other apps require root access..and more over setcpu is not working, only clocks stock mhz...

Try EXACTLY as written, because if you don't do like it is mentioned above, root will be wrong, and u will have app.crash on superuser. If Everything is done by my tut, your superuser app will be updated and phone rooted.

Try again, reading row by row
    Hi
    I have Rooted my Optimus p500 with official 2.3.3 update, Installed Rom manager and also Recovery from Rom Manager (Clockwork Mod) & i have franco.Kernel.v1-16082011 installed
    I'm also using Set Cpu and have set it to 729mhz

Now i want to know whether these are the best setting that i can have to play HD games?? (PES 2011 is still laagy)

Do i have to Install a ROM?, If yes; Which one and how? (Which is the best gaming Rom compatible to my phone ?

are there any baseband problems ??? (as i have the official 2.3.3 update )

Do i have to install an other kernel ??
    stock 2.3.3. uses a new baseband.

For performance, I suggest you use mik's 6.6.1 ROM and the latest kernel from franco. Franco has released a new stable kernel for mik's 6.6.1 ROM and stock LG ROM 2.3.3 ROM.

To install mik's 6.6.1 ROM you need to reflash the old baseband or reinstall froyo via the KDZ update route, root the phone again and install custom ROM/kernels

If you want to continue with new baseband try the following link
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1256401
    why dont u post it on optimus one thread.....?????

I saw that here was some posts about rooting, i will copy my post or let Mod replace it.