Data and Wifi Disconnect - No Data Connection

Search This thread

VTHockey11

Oct 12, 2011
Hey Guys,

Got my brand new GS5 on Tuesday this week but I've run into a pretty major data connection issue and I'm unable to identify a root cause for it.

Essentially, when I leave my phone on overnight (and plugged in) I wake up with no data connection. The wifi is disconnected, and even though my phone shows it is picking up the network, I can't load any sites or do anything using LTE - so both wifi and my LTE data connection are not working. Additionally, the wifi isn't only disconnected, the wifi function is literally turned off. When I try to toggle wifi back on, the toggle goes a light shade of green, like it's stuck trying to turn back on, and never turns on.

Eventually I have to restart my phone and it works just fine again. This has happened on 2 of 3 mornings since I've purchased the phone and only seems to happen after extended down time for the phone as it's never occured during the day. I'm thinking of exchanging the phone (this would be my 3rd GS5 as the first one didn't recognize any headphones.)

Any ideas? Anyone else seen this?

Thanks!

craigcrawford1988

May 21, 2010
Mine does this when I do a fast reboot. A normal reboot works fine, however.

I would hazard a guess it is a software, and not a hardware problem.