[Q] Nexus 5 4.4.3 issues and continuing with 4.4.2

Search This thread

PrakharM

Jun 14, 2014
Hello, I'm a newbie and I don't know if this has been posted before.
I was planning to buy Nexus 5 in couple of days but I heard that after 4.4.3 update, the device is experiencing certain issues with WiFi and some other stuffs. My work solely depends upon WiFi . Some say that phone has become a bit laggy too.

Just wanted to ask when I receive my Nexus 5, is it possible to upgrade 4.4 to 4.4.2? Instead of 4.4.3? :confused:

G

GuestK00413

I was planning to buy Nexus 5 in couple of days but I heard that after 4.4.3 update, the device is experiencing certain issues with WiFi and some other stuffs. My work solely depends upon WiFi . Some say that phone has become a bit laggy too.

Just wanted to ask when I receive my Nexus 5, is it possible to upgrade 4.4 to 4.4.2? Instead of 4.4.3? :confused:

I don't know about others but for me, it actually improved several things, like that bug that let apps running with 0b of ram usage, also battery and I see no lag whatsoever (with any version).

If you reeeeeally want to flash directly 4.4.2 I think that you can either get the older OTA (you can get it here in XDA) or flash the complete stock image 4.4.2, you can download it from Google's official page (Google search nexus stock images).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

PrakharM

Jun 14, 2014
I don't know about others but for me, it actually improved several things, like that bug that let apps running with 0b of ram usage, also battery and I see no lag whatsoever (with any version).

If you reeeeeally want to flash directly 4.4.2 I think that you can either get the older OTA (you can get it here in XDA) or flash the complete stock image 4.4.2, you can download it from Google's official page (Google search nexus stock images).

When I searched "nexus 4.4.2 update download" on google, it showed something like "factory images for nexus devices". Did u mean that?

As I told you earlier, I'm a newbie. I don't understand properly what you are saying. Can you please explain what to do?
And.. Is there any risk? Installing this cause any problem in the phone? Do mention that..

fxdil

Jun 3, 2014
When I searched "nexus 4.4.2 update download" on google, it showed something like "factory images for nexus devices". Did u mean that?

As I told you earlier, I'm a newbie. I don't understand properly what you are saying. Can you please explain what to do?
And.. Is there any risk? Installing this cause any problem in the phone? Do mention that..

When you buy a new Nexus 5, it should come with Android 4.4.3. If you have any concerns about the bugs and performance, and would rather have 4.4.2, you can flash that on there instead. Completely stock, original version of Android are called factory images.

Since you're buying it new out of the box, it should be no issues nor risks, with downgrading it to 4.4.2. When you buy it, before you do anything to it, please come back to this forum and explore or ask questions about how to do so. Doing any changes to the phone is much easier when you just bought it. So don't do anything to it, don't install any apps or whatever, other than sign in to your Google account on the first start up. Then come back here and we'll do our best to help you out.

lukesan

May 1, 2009

I've never had any issues with wifi nor lag even with 4.4.2.
When I took it out of the box I was highly disappointed coming from a S3 and a Note 1. Volume of the speaker was really low and dpi of the screen way to high. Hey, it's a HD screen and I am not blind (yet)
The above issues can be fixed by rooting it and messing with the values. Makes it 100% better.

But, I am still in the process of getting my money back from Google (getting the run around for a month now).
Recording video is useless. In 4.4.2 there was a hiss in the audio which was fixed in 4.4.3. but now recordings sound like they were made underwater. Listen to this with the headphones on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjQYXtU7auM
The optical stabilisation is also bad. The image wobbles and is useless for me as I am grabbing my Note 1 to record video at the moment.
If the above doesn't apply to you, then for the money it is an awesome phone

G

GuestK00413

yeah sorry didn't remember the newbie part haha.

Then if you really don't know what I'm talking about, you should stay stock and in the newest version for your phone (right now being 4.4.3).

Usually there is no risk when installing ROMs or other things, however you should just read a lot right now, read what flash is, bootloader, Roms, root, etc. to learn and reduce the risks you might encounter. You can start with the stickies threads in the general section.

When you learn at least the basics, then you can start to worry about what version you can use, what radio, etc.

But first enjoy your phone as is out of the box, it might be better than you think. ?

Virus.Shell

May 1, 2011
When you buy a new Nexus 5, it should come with Android 4.4.3. If you have any concerns about the bugs and performance, and would rather have 4.4.2, you can flash that on there instead. Completely stock, original version of Android are called factory images.

Since you're buying it new out of the box, it should be no issues nor risks, with downgrading it to 4.4.2. When you buy it, before you do anything to it, please come back to this forum and explore or ask questions about how to do so. Doing any changes to the phone is much easier when you just bought it. So don't do anything to it, don't install any apps or whatever, other than sign in to your Google account on the first start up. Then come back here and we'll do our best to help you out.

I just ordered 2 Nexus 5's off of the Play Store last Friday (June 13th). When they showed up they were running 4.4.2. However, they were the Bright Red 32GB ones as the Black 32GB's were out of stock at the time. It now looks like the Black ones are back in stock so it's possible that they have been updated to 4.4.3

jwhyte

May 29, 2013
Milwaukee
I just ordered 2 Nexus 5's off of the Play Store last Friday (June 13th). When they showed up they were running 4.4.2. However, they were the Bright Red 32GB ones as the Black 32GB's were out of stock at the time. It now looks like the Black ones are back in stock so it's possible that they have been updated to 4.4.3

Odds are no. They most likely won't come with 4.4.3 unless they were made after the update came out. Just try settings/about phone/system updates. There is a refresh button try it once a day update should come soon. I flashed back to stock 4.4.2 and it showed up right away. I haven't seen any of the issues some are taking about. Take it all with a grain of salt no one posts abbot no problems... They only complain about issues.