[ROM][15APR10]Gen.Y TP2X R2.6[WM6.1 21056][UC][SENSE25.2012][WWE|GER|ITA|NLD|SPA|FRA]

Search This thread

yozgatg

Jun 21, 2008
Build your own custom Gen.Y TP2X ROM? Now you can with the Gen.Y R5.5 MultiLANG MultiDEVICE Kitchen

First of all, credits go to ervius for his amazing VisualKitchen, makeaveral for his wonderful G-Config app, schaps for his very useful Advanced Config v3.3 app and Captain_Throwback for his YouTube v2.5 VGA port. Another big thank u goes to amarullz & others who have made the Sense 2.5.2012 VGA port possible.

genyd2xr2.jpg

This ROM is based on my latest Gen.Y TP2 R5 build. They share the same base kitchen, so stability etc. should not be an issue.
It still features the same base (e.g. Tachi dialer (no videocall), WM6.1 B21056, all the latest Topaz/Rhodium updates etc.)

However it does feature 2 major updates:
- TouchFlo3D 2.1 is replaced with HTC Sense 2.5 VGA (and all additional packages)
- EzInput 2.1 is included
- Opera 9.5 has been replaced with Opera 9.7
& some other minor adjustment to make it fit for sense 2.5

Manila Footprints has been removed since it's not functional on our devices.

FULL ROM (few stuff removed like Customer Feedback, Transciber)

Pagepool: 16MB

Known issues:
- Can not select 24H in Locale&Text. (Trick: select another city (US region), check 24H box, DONE, select your city, DONE.)
- Twitter Tab: tapping on a tweet does not work
-> maybe a WM 6.1 problem?
-Downloading files in Opera to Internal Storage is impossible: Opera limits the Path to 15 characters (Opera 9.7 BUG!)
-> rename your "Internal Storage" in the Registry (Thx @ Olfason)
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\moviNAND]
"Folder"="Storage"
"Name"="moviNAND Card"
-> may break some functions of Manila!!!

To all of you experiencing random soft and hard resets and other strange behavior with this ROM:

Have you tried this??? CLICK HERE

Screenshots
screen03a.jpg
screen04v.jpg
screen04rk.jpg
screen06r.jpg

screen05y.jpg
screen02s.jpg
screen01n.jpg

I would like to express my thanks to all of you who have provided me with feedback, bug reports and donations.
This ROM wouldn't have been the same without you.

If u like my work and would like to thank me for the time spent, you can always donate

Last edited:

yozgatg

Jun 21, 2008
To revert to the old windows start menu, change this registry key:
Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"Programs.EnableStartMenuReplacement"=dword:00000000 (default = dword:1)

Download

Fuze users, please install the attached cab to fix your hardware keyboard (m.carroll's fix)

Changelog R2.6 (final)
Code:
- Reverted to original EzInput v1.5
- Connectivity updates:
 [+] CMBandSwitching_2_2_2_0
 [+] CMBluetooth_1_2_0_0
 [+] CMCallBarring_1_3_4_0
 [+] CMCallerID_1_5_1_0
 [+] CMCallForwarding_1_4_B_0
 [+] CMCallWaiting_1_3_1_0
 [+] CMPhone_1_6_B_0
 [+] CMPhoneVMSetting_1_8_0_0
 [+] CMPin_1_5_3_0
 [+] CommManager_2_9_T_1
 [+] HTCFDN_1_8_2_0
 [+] PhoneSetting_1_64_0_0
 [+] Wi-FiWizard_1_24_2_0
- OEM package updates:
 [+] HTCMessage_1_09_281_2
 [+] InvokeSIMMgr_1_12_0_2
 [+] SIM_Mgr_6_76_0_1
 [+] SimLock_4_28_0_0
 [+] STK_Service_4_93_0_0
 [+] STK_UIPPC_4_74_0_2
 [+] USSD_Service_4_38_0_0
- Minor under-the-hood enhancements
 > Rechecked and tweaked notifications registry keys

Gen.Y TP2X R2.6 (final)

Gen.Y Portugal Time-Zone fix for D2 R5.5 & D2X R2.6

Previous Versions

Gen.Y TP2X R2.1
* Gen.Y DualBOOT VGA v1.0.4.1 HotFIX for D2X.cab (96.8 KB) (also compatible with TP2X R2.1)

Gen.Y TP2X R2

Gen.Y TP2X R2A Preview WWE (WM6.1 + HTC Sense v2.5)

Gen.Y TP2X R1.2A Preview WWE (WM6.1 + HTC Sense v2.5)

Gen.Y TP2X R1.1A WWE (WM6.1 + HTC Sense v2.5)

* Gen.Y TP2X R1 WM6.5 B21872 ROM with HTC Sense 2.5: Click Here

Last edited:

cafein

Jan 29, 2007
where is the download link :) ?
Arkadaşım tebrik ederim mükemmel romlar yapıyorsun :) Türkçe biliyorsan bir de Türkçe rom yapsan mükemmel olucak :)

yozgatg

Jun 21, 2008
where is the download link :) ?
Arkadaşım tebrik ederim mükemmel romlar yapıyorsun :) Türkçe biliyorsan bir de Türkçe rom yapsan mükemmel olucak :)

the link is up (megaupload)
have fun testing and let me know if all works well
this is based on the final R2.5 build of D2X, so i don't expect any problems
all i need to know is if the hardware keyboard is working fine with EzInput v2.0

cafein

Jan 29, 2007
the link is up (megaupload)
have fun testing and let me know if all works well
this is based on the final R2.5 build of D2X, so i don't expect any problems
all i need to know is if the hardware keyboard is working fine with EzInput v2.0

I will test and let u to know all but link says " Erişmeye çalıştığınız dosya geçici olarak kullanım dışıdır." i cannot reach the file :(

Edit : Link is ok now , donwnloading :):)

Last edited:

shiransagiv

Aug 22, 2008
each time i c ur name i being happy
the previos version of the sense had some problams like the battery that show jumping in 10%, i mean it didnt show i have left 86% it show 90% or 80%...

will try it in the weekend
mean time i with ur 2.1 sense and it gr8

tnx

shiran

johnfoam

Dec 18, 2008
...all i need to know is if the hardware keyboard is working fine with EzInput v2.0

Thanks so much for continuing to release roms for the TP, Yozgatg! They truly set the gold standard (for us 6.1 users). Only been using the 2.5 rom for a few minutes, but everything seems fine so far, including my hardware keyboard. I have a Fuze, so I always run the Shlomki Fuze Keyboard cab that I've been using for all of your roms. Once I run that and restart, my hardward keyboard works just fine. Are there any other tweaks that you think you'll be making before this becomes a final release?

Thanks again for another great rom!

yozgatg

Jun 21, 2008
Found one bug (same bug present on the previous rom). Keypad only inputs numbers, Full QWERTY works fine and all other SIPs. Is this bug really present at Touch Input 2.0?

Alright, i put the EzInput v2.1 version back from the R2.1 release, however i replaced the xt9 engine files with nikoan's 1917 version. I do not know how this will fare, so I need feedback on both the hardware & software keyboard.

Also, i upped the default pagepool to 16MB for a smooth/faster experience. (and since the TP has more RAM available, a higher PP makes sense).

Have fun with the new test2 release. If the keyboard issues are fixed, this will be final (since no other major issues are present)

L4RRY

Dec 28, 2009
Plzen
I dont know if its only problem with my Fuze, but i cant write capital letters and numbers on hw keyboard (it works only for calling or in Contacts)

Last edited:

lostinbeta

Oct 13, 2008
I don't use the Sense 2.5 ROM, but I do use the Gen.Y ROM w/ WinMo 6.1 and Sense 2.1, for the Keyboard I use ProFuze Keyboard switcher to get it to work on my Fuze (RAPH110) and it works fantastically every time. The other ones recommended didn't work for me (I think it was m.carroll and shlomki or something like that). I don't know, but maybe some of you with keyboard issues should try this utility... it might work for you too...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=490290

L4RRY

Dec 28, 2009
Plzen
Ive already solved it there´s fix for raphael and ezinput 2.1 you can find at the end of second post showthread.php?t=536215 (cant post full address im newbie and im not allowed to send full links , something to prevent spam)with this everything works flawless except making groups in contacts... hats down amazing rom...

Errorwww

Sep 23, 2007
I tried to use the profuze keyboard switcher, but i can't write @#:; etc symbols with hardware keyboard

M_Taylor40

Mar 25, 2008
Durham, UK
Hey Yozgatg,
I'm also having issues with the hardware keyboard.
My device is the o2 Serra branded version of the Touch Pro (RAPH120) that uses the standard Touch Pro keyboard layout (Numbers across top with Fn+numbers for symbols).
The problem I am having is that the Shift & Fn keys are not working. So when I press Shift+S, I don't get a capital and just stays in lower case, and for Fn+1 the input gets ignored instead of inserting the ! symbol.
I've tried the Fuze-TouchPro keyboard cabs but those don't fix anything.
I'm now trying the fixes suggested by L4RRY by changing the 07FF key from "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tegic\eT9\IME\Keyboard LayouFiles\" but so far have not found a fully working one, it seems that they will all work to get the Shift key working but not the Fn key, however the Fn+DEL does work.
I will report back if I manage to get anything working.
Everything else looks great so I can't wait for the final release and the Kitchen release so I can build a WM6.5+Sense2.5.2012 Stock-like ROM.
Thanks for all the work Yozgatg!
M_Taylor40

Update:
Testing using "eT9.Raphael.wwe.kmap.txt", "eT9.Rhodium.wwe.atnt.kmap.txt" and many others seem to be producing random responses to the Fn key.
At the minute I am using "eT9.Raphael.wwe.kmap.txt" and the Fn+number key combinations work as and when they want. If I hold the Fn key down and repeatingly press 1, I will eventually get a ! symbol, but this happens as and when it wants and not after any certian amount of presses.
I have also noticed that the CAPS and FN lights above the keys will flicker and flash when trying to use those keys instead of illuminating until they should automatically go out (E.g, After using a Fn key combination)
Before this ROM my phone has not had any issues and as it doesn't seem like I'm the only one I'm guessing my phone has not just developed a CAPs & Fn key fault.
Let me know if you want me to test anything imparticular.
All the best,
M_Taylor40

Last edited:

yozgatg

Jun 21, 2008
Try fix on on EzInput i posted... for me it worked....

added the fuze fix on the first page (second post)
R2.6 will fix and speed up alot of things, but i still need to get more info about the keyboard.

here's what i need to know:
1) Does the software keyboard work fine (Full QWERTY, Half QWERTY, Phone Keypad)
2) Does the fuze keyboard work fine after using the fuze fix (see the second post on the first page)
3) Does the raphael keyboard work fine after editing the following key in the registry: set the following value (default is eT9.Raphael...)
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tegic\eT9\IME\Keyboard LayouFiles]
"07FF"="eT9.Rhodium.wwe.kmap.txt"

the faster u get me feedback, the faster i can get the R2.6 release out. D2X version is ready, so all i need for the TP2X version is fix the keyboard

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unfortunately not, WinMo is dying :( In July I moved to Android (SGS2) and the App-World is great, but regarding Office integration (synchronisation with MS-Office) WinMo is still the best. Meanwhile I removed my SIM, switched off the cellular radio and use my Touch Pro as a MP3-Player and the battery life is fantastic. Retrospective cellular radio was the most battery draining part of the phone.