Tronsmart Orion R28 RK3288 Cortex A7 Quad Core TV BOX Discuss

Search This thread

kraceyC

May 22, 2015
I got a Tronfy RK2388 Ubox, also with the same CPU and GPU. But it's different at Wifi standard (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n). I got it for movies too. But i thought it's great for streaming and 4K resolution based of 2GB Ram.

ESShowtime

Sep 2, 2012
Just a big ups to this device. Finless 1.2 on freaktab works really well, gets recognized as a nexus tablet device and thus enables a lot of the apps that otherwise don't work. Paired with an HDHomeRun Prime and using the new add-on for HDHomeRun in Kodi (spmc is running great), this becomes a live tv cable box replacement. Doesn't get super hot, and with ethernet, it is running really snappy.

Compared to two years ago when I was messing around with a Tronsmart MK908, this device is really much more consumer ready and not so hobbyist/enthusiast. Can't testify to 4k quality, however.

shaq89

Oct 20, 2007
TVheadend

Hi,
I saw @Christian Troy ROM for WeTeK device that allows running tvheadend backend on android.
I'm using Tronsmart Orion R28 based on Rockchip (RK3288).
I purchased MyGica PT230 DVB-T2 tuner and i want also to run this from tv box.
Currently, the only way to use it is using PadTV HD app.
I want to view via Kodi and tvheadend server.
Could you please explain how to build tvheadend for this device?
Thanks!

barney222

Apr 3, 2011
Bratislava
Orion R28 or S89

Pls, is supported externall 2,5 HDD? i want watching movie from HDD is possible in orinon r28 and S89. I do not know when they buy, who is still not better? I support both XMBC?

thanks

toidimaet

Aug 15, 2012
I have been running the pro version since January and can safely say that it now performs beautifully with kodi . gaming is also very smooth and it runs emulators such as ppsspp really nicely. I am currently using the Wasser ROM for the beelink r89 devices (find it over at freaktab) with only one issue, the remote doesn't work with that ROM, no biggie. Wasser has just released a Lolly beta as well, so it looks like we may see development continue on the ROM front.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    when will we find a stable version of rk3288?
    and when will it arrive the orginal android tv of google?

i am waiting for android tv..
    i would like that rk3288 will be upgrade at android L or android tv..
    The problem with AV and Android seems to be the incapability of the pass-through of dts and similar.
    (If somebody knows that better than me, just correct me ?)
    According to the specs of Android TV it should be compatible with that.
    Also something about frame sync is not supported till then...
    I will link you to three very interesting post, one about xbmx on rk3288 boxes, one about the rk3288 boxes and one especially for the tronsmart.

But I am mobile and need to collect the links first ? BRB
    Edit:// here you go
    Latest news about the rk3288
    http://www.FreakTab.com/showthread.php?t=14087

About the Tronsmart (Issues, etc)
    http://www.FreakTab.com/showthread.php?t=16484

Xbmx apk (Android) on rk3288
    http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=202924
    (there should be another thread about Xbmx Linux on these boxes... But haven't found yet. If Linux Xbmx should be possible, all these limitations of Android are for the past, but the box is running Xbmx only and not Android)
    Hello I just received the R28 I purchased from Geekbuying.com. I am having issues with my Samsung Smart TV (model un7250) not recognizing the R28. I have tried all of the HDMI ports, and none of them recognize it. I get a black screen and the TV says there is no source. These ports are confirmed working with other devices. I also have a Toshiba TV, which is able to recognize the R28 no problems. Does anyone know why the Samsung TV isn't able to recognize the R28? Very fruterating as I want it on the Samsung and not the Toshiba. Thanks!
    These troubles are not unknown...
    You bought a beta device.
    Try posting your problem here:
    http://www.FreakTab.com/showthread.php?t=16484

Oman is the one in charge of development.

Maybe you could find there the link to the tronsmart forum too. They should have a newer kernel and version.
    I am not actively watching the progress anymore, since it is still a device in early stages of development, it seems...
    Im verry intrested in this box but im having trouble to find the differences between the pro and meta version.
    Booth have hdmi 2.0.
    Anybody knows the differences between them as there is a small price difference.
    If the meta(15 euro more expensive) is better i would spent the extra 15 euro.
    I would use it as xbmc player with some extra repos.

Meta has faster EMMC and more storage 16gb as opposed to 8gb on the pro version.
    Dual band wifi (AC)
    Dual channel memory.

XBMC stutters a bit...it's improved on the newest firmware. But you can slap a custom rom on it and it's smooth as butter.

Where it really shines is it sports a mali-t764 as opposed to a mali-400 which non rk3288 devices come with.

Basically it does much better at games than any other android box. It's still considered a new chip, so there are some issues with xbmc, but there's an alternative on the google play store, called SPMC.

For it's Price, it's very good. There are better rk3288 devices out there, but it gets expensive.