Headphones with controls?

Search This thread

mike96789

Oct 9, 2010
Honolulu
Doors anyone have wired headphones that have the volume and next track controls on them? If so what kind are they? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using xda premium

Bronyr

Jan 6, 2010
DroidDen
The headset (earset ;) that comes with the phone has all controls. But I think it sucks royally as the earbuds are horrible, even for my somewhat larger than average ears. I'm kinda looking for alternative myself.

Bdix

Dec 30, 2010
I took Apple ear buds and fitted ear plugs on them. They works great you can't hear a thing with them in....only the music.... Oh yea

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

xxquicksh0txx

Jul 17, 2010
Akron, Ohio
Do the volume and track skip controls work?

I know on my old incredible, the buttons don't work completely. Only some functions, I think that goes to say with all androids. There are apps that you can assign a different amount of presses to be pause,play,next though.

I know bestbuy has a pair of sony earbuds that are life $25, that have the "ipod" controls. They did work somewhat on my incredible, and there are a pair of skullcandy's that have the controls also. I assume they would work the same.

KnowledgeBroker

Sep 7, 2010
Daytona Beach, Fl
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Doors anyone have wired headphones that have the volume and next track controls on them? If so what kind are they? Thanks in advance!

I order these, they are the ones that came with my old vibrant, since I lose my earbuds at least once every two months I would never spend a lot on them. I'm happy with the quality, I doubt it is as bad as some people describe the stock headphones for the amaze-- but my theory is if they are using a rom with beats audio the headphones may not be capable of creating that kind of sound at higher volumes.

To the best of my knowledge no android(I've seen at least) has working volume control, tho I'll bet a few might.. I haven't tried any with volume control on my amaze.

I use poweramp music player, I press 1 time to pause/play, two times to skip, and then you can decide what you want three presses to do- I have it switch playlists. If someone calls I press once to answer, once to hang up, and if I was listening to music it comes back on.

I've never been totally sure, but I think the beats audio libs only work on the stock music app, so that might be why I don't have any complaints about audio quality(because I use poweramp)..

Anyways, thought I'd share in case it was helpful.