3G Network

Search This thread

CZNexus

Nov 16, 2013
Hi, when i switch to WCDMA only, i got no service, but, when i switch to gsm only, i get signal. This happened after i flash rom and i restore my rom
I switch to other operator but same result, but on my friend phone with same operator there are 3G signal

thestory101

Aug 19, 2009
If u set all value correct, it's happen to me 3g hw was broken.

Sent from my HTC One V using xda app-developers app

kvestas

Dec 17, 2012
Anyone? Im using the GSM Version :crying:

I guess it's very hard to give a direct answer when you don't mention any specifics. What rom? Which version? Etc.
I've just tried the same steps on HTCDroid 1.8 and WCDMA Only mode works fine as well as others two.

Still I guess you may try wiping cache and dalvik after restoring the rom or flashing another rom.
Just some thoughts of a common user.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda app-developers app

CZNexus

Nov 16, 2013
I guess it's very hard to give a direct answer when you don't mention any specifics. What rom? Which version? Etc.
I've just tried the same steps on HTCDroid 1.8 and WCDMA Only mode works fine as well as others two.

Still I guess you may try wiping cache and dalvik after restoring the rom or flashing another rom.
Just some thoughts of a common user.

My ROM Is Ignorance V4 , TK kernel. Here's is the story : When i'm on the way to home town, im using WCDMA Only (3G), and when im arrived at my home town, i see no service, so i switch to 2G, then the tommorow i flashed HTC sense 5 ROM . When i'm using that ROM, the network always EDGE. And i revert back to Ignorance V4. Then i switch to 3G, but no service and im starting to panic, so i test on my friend phone, it got 3G! and what should i do now? 3G hardware is broken maybe? @kvestas @thestory101 : what value?

Last edited:

kvestas

Dec 17, 2012
My ROM Is Ignorance V4 , TK kernel. Here's is the story : When i'm on the way to home town, im using WCDMA Only (3G), and when im arrived at my home town, i see no service, so i switch to 2G, then the tommorow i flashed HTC sense 5 ROM . When i'm using that ROM, the network always EDGE. And i revert back to Ignorance V4. Then i switch to 3G, but no service and im starting to panic, so i test on my friend phone, it got 3G! and what should i do now? 3G hardware is broken maybe? @kvestas @thestory101 : what value?

How did you revert back to Ignorance v4. If you restored only system and data partitions when leaving the old cache and dalvik this might be a problem I guess. I might be wrong of course but you may try wiping both cache partitions now. And if you don't mind to loose your current data you may try clean install(after wiping everything except sd).

CZNexus

Nov 16, 2013
How did you revert back to Ignorance v4. If you restored only system and data partitions when leaving the old cache and dalvik this might be a problem I guess. I might be wrong of course but you may try wiping both cache partitions now. And if you don't mind to loose your current data you may try clean install(after wiping everything except sd).

I'm restore from twrp backup, and yes i do a full wipe

Minto107

Aug 10, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hmm I'm restoring roms and I haven't got any issues. Try to flash stock kernel and then check it. Stock kernel you can find in One V Q&A>Ignorance thread and find for @tonyskyfall posts then find link to stock kernel. Flash it and check.

Wysłane z mojego HTC One V przy użyciu Tapatalka

CZNexus

Nov 16, 2013
I think the 3G hardware broken maybe?
EDIT : is this Kernel problem?
EDIT 2 : I flashed stock kernel but still , no service

Last edited:

kvestas

Dec 17, 2012
I think the 3G hardware broken maybe?
EDIT : is this Kernel problem?
EDIT 2 : I flashed stock kernel but still , no service

You said it was working in other location. What if you try there again when possible? Then you will know it for sure if your device is broken.

thestory101

Aug 19, 2009
I haven't knew either when my hw broken, I bring it to a service center to repair a power button and ask them for check up, and they told me that hw is broken.

Finally I got new one replaced. :D

CZNexus

Nov 16, 2013
Thanks guys for the advice, but maybe it won't get to service because i don't have much money :D
btw, battery live is so good with 2G :good: :D

Curtis1973

May 13, 2013
Greenville, S.C. USA
Quick question. When you changed rom..did you flash another boot.img kernel to use with it? And then revert back to the other rom without also reinstalling the proper boot.img? If so,that may explain your data issues.

antara

Apr 26, 2008
Malang
Hi.. I have the same problem with you..:eek:
My rom Ignorance V4 with charm kiss kernel and some day my 3G signal was lost, then when switch 2G full bar off signal.
Sometimes in my downtown can get HSDPA signal, but very slow or not connected, just up arrow traffic. In my home, signal is limited services, whereas before that is 3G signal with 2-3 bar.. :eek:
I'm back return to relock bootloader and back to stock rom with RUU. But still have same problem..
Maybe hardware failure or broken? :(

CZNexus

Nov 16, 2013
Ok... So i flashed another ROM, Then i saw an "H" On my internet connection..., maybe it isn't broken at all :confused: